VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flyers on delivered pizza boxes are a great way to get the word out. Especially with New Years Eve coming.

Flyers on delivered pizza boxes are a great way to get the word out. Especially with New Years Eve coming.

The thanks button wasn't enough. This is a brilliant idea and I hope Katelin's VA family is given this info.

The thanks button wasn't enough. This is a brilliant idea and I hope Katelin's VA family is given this info.

Thank You. I cant take credit tho. Idea has been posted here on other cases. I agree whoever thought of this had a brilliant idea. And as I said with New Years coming mass volumes of pizza delivery will take place. IMO

Ugh! I can't believe Katelin has not been found. There's really no clues besides what was reported first. It's too long for someone to be "hiding" I don't have a good feeling about her being so "quiet" for so long.
Where are you Katelin?

Walmarts are a good place to send volunteers to pass out fliers. You can literally see everyone in that town in a week. Jmo

Lots of Facebook accounts. Is that the norm?

My girls all have 1. Others? Sometimes they have multiple ones for multiple reasons. It's the norm for some, but definitely not for others.

My girls all have 1. Others? Sometimes they have multiple ones for multiple reasons. It's the norm for some, but definitely not for others.

I have adult friends who do this. Most recently after a divorce that involved a cheating best friend. So yeah, multiple reasons. Sometimes unfriending someone isn't enough.

A couple of pics with links have been removed. As per WS Terms of Service, do not post social media accounts of anyone other than a victim/missing person, an officially named perp/suspect, or MSM or LE.

:tyou:

Agree. People are allowed to change their situation or loved one at anytime.

So if this is the case. Then cool. No harm / No foul

Let's just hope that our girl is safe. Now her reasons is her own. So i will not slueth that.

But the police should say something by now. Jmo

They really need to. They would say something, wouldn't they, if she was known to be safe and the investigation was called off? I can't see them playing along like that.

I've seen other cases where the police have just said the person was safe, investigation is over.

I, myself have 2, my "old" or original one under my maiden name and my new one that was setup to network for business after I married, I didn't want to add complete stangers to my personal page. My daughters have multiple ones due to either forgotten passwords or for pages they admin (again, they didn't want to add complete strangers to their personal pages or possibly offend older relatives with anything. ) or for games.

Can someone clear up something about namus for me? Who is able to add someone to their database? Does it have to be LE or the person who filed the missing report? TIA!

Anyone can enter it. You register first and then you can enter the info. You need the missing person report number and it will be verified through LE as a true missing person case (so there aren't a bunch of false reports in there.) From the NamUs page:

"
  • The Missing Persons Database contains information about missing persons that can be entered by anyone; however before it appears as a case on NamUs, the information is verified. NamUs provides a user with a variety of resources, including the ability to print missing persons posters and receive free biometric collection and testing assistance. Other resources include links to state clearinghouses, medical examiner and coroner offices, law enforcement agencies, victim assistance groups and pertinent legislation."

Anyone can enter it. You register first and then you can enter the info. You need the missing person report number and it will be verified through LE as a true missing person case (so there aren't a bunch of false reports in there.) From the NamUs page:

"
  • The Missing Persons Database contains information about missing persons that can be entered by anyone; however before it appears as a case on NamUs, the information is verified. NamUs provides a user with a variety of resources, including the ability to print missing persons posters and receive free biometric collection and testing assistance. Other resources include links to state clearinghouses, medical examiner and coroner offices, law enforcement agencies, victim assistance groups and pertinent legislation."

Thank you for this!! So if Amber and Nicole have the case number, they can enter her then! Thanks again for this!

Thank you for this!! So if Amber and Nicole have the case number, they can enter her then! Thanks again for this!

Kaitlin is listed on two missing children sites. They might have the case number.

I can't even find a find katelin Akens Facebook page... Am I looking it up wrong?

The case number is listed on the bottom of the missing flier in post #350.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

kaitlin is listed on two missing children sites. They might have the case number.

va#15-3527

ETA according to another poster the case number is the one below. I would think the family has the correct one

#15-109739

Sorry folks ... the FB page for Katelin linked upthread is a closed group. Do not bring comments/information from a closed group over to WS.

ADMIN NOTE:

The thread is open for posting.

There is no news to report at this time.

A new FB community page is up. Since it's a public page, you can share information posted by the admin regarding searches, flyers, and LE updates. Don't forget to include a link.

Comments by posters should remain on the FB page. Do not bring over rumors.

https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindKatelinAkens/timeline?hc_location=ufi

This thread is about Katelin, and should be used to share ideas on how to locate her, and to offer support for her and for her family. There are no verified insiders at this time.

All questions about the rules and TOS must be addressed to an administrator or a moderator in a private message. Posts which question admin/mod actions will be removed, and the member's posting privileges will be subject to suspension. No exceptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz