VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's also this statement.

"Pearce would not say how the story was corroborated, saying that was part of the ongoing investigation."

http://www.fredericksburg.com/news/...cle_d1261048-9f60-11e5-8ac1-9bfcd1eaae4e.html

So, if not by video, what are other ways LE might have corroborated the former SD's claim?

So are they saying that she dumped her luggage as well? Because they dang sure are not pleading for the publics help. LE has been mum since 12/15/15 or so.

They must know something. Now what is an ongoing investigation if you are not asking the public to help search. Is this a criminal investigation. Or a runaway investigation that has been solved and kept a secret.

Why would they allow flyers to be passed out if they know she ran away. Especially if it's been confirmed but their number is still on the flyer.

So I hope LE clarifies what type of investigation that they are talking about. Jmo.

Katelin is listed at the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.
http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1259083/1/screen

The NCMEC poster states Katelin is missing from Springfield, VA and the mall where she was supposedly dropped off at is in Springfield, VA...so can someone explain why Fairfax County isn't involved in this investigation or better yet why Spotsylvania County is handling the case?

Who exactly supplied NCMEC with the information for this poster?

So are they saying that she dumped her luggage as well? Because they dang sure are not pleading for the publics help. LE has been mum since 12/15/15 or so.

They must know something. Now what is an ongoing investigation if you are not asking the public to help search. Is this a criminal investigation. Or a runaway investigation that has been solved and kept a secret.

Why would they allow flyers to be passed out if they know she ran away. Especially if it's been confirmed but their number is still on the flyer.

So I hope LE clarifies what type of investigation that they are talking about. Jmo.
I don't know if LE believes KA dumped the suitcase herself, but I will say this. I think there's a misconception that if LE and/or a family is not "pleading for the public's help" that they must have all of the answers. Check out the recent missing persons threads from just the past month or two. In how many cases is LE making huge public pleas for help? I think you'll find it's not as many as some might think, and we should be cautious not to read too much into that. JMO

From what has been reported it appears that LE believes KA is voluntarily missing. They stated as much early on, based on social media activity. Exactly what evidence they are working with, we don't know. But until LE can confirm she is "located", officially, KA a missing person. That is why LE has not stopped the efforts to circulate flyers. I do agree that a public update is due, and I hope we will hear one very soon.

ADMIN NOTE:

The thread is open for posting.

There is no news to report at this time.

A new FB community page is up. Since it's a public page, you can share information posted by the admin regarding searches, flyers, and LE updates. Don't forget to include a link.

Comments by posters should remain on the FB page. Do not bring over rumors.

https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindKatelinAkens/timeline?hc_location=ufi

This thread is about Katelin, and should be used to share ideas on how to locate her, and to offer support for her and for her family. There are no verified insiders at this time.

All questions about the rules and TOS must be addressed to an administrator or a moderator in a private message. Posts which question admin/mod actions will be removed, and the member's posting privileges will be subject to suspension. No exceptions.

Is it just me or is that FB link dead? I'm starting to wonder if Akens is still missing?

The NCMEC poster states Katelin is missing from Springfield, VA and the mall where she was supposedly dropped off at is in Springfield, VA...so can someone explain why Fairfax County isn't involved in this investigation or better yet why Spotsylvania County is handling the case?

So beyond thrilled to wake up this morning to a reopened thread for Miss Katelin!!! Thank you bessie for allowing us to :sleuth: on again for our girl. It has been difficult not being able to do so (JMO)

As for the quoted post above, these are really excellent questions! :goodpost:

:thinking:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The FB Community page is a new one because the dates start in 2016.

The old page was a Closed group page.

However, it's nice to finally be able to read what's being done to help find Katelin.

This is the only recent MSM update mentioning Katelin since a month ago:

Investigators have confirmed that Akens’ stepfather dropped her off at the Springfield Mall that day, but what happened after that remains a mystery.

The only search warrant filed in Spotsylvania regarding the Akens case is also sealed. That warrant gave police the authority to search her Facebook account.

http://www.fredericksburg.com/news/...cle_4eea9054-a9b0-11e5-a16a-e7a7f3948818.html

Hmmmm... If evidence was found suggesting she made her way back to Spotsylvania, like say: around where the luggage was found. It would explain why Fairfax is not running an investigation .
It may also just be the fact that the lugage was found in Spotsylvania , and that's where the suspiciousness starts.

Is it just me or is that FB link dead? I'm starting to wonder if Akens is still missing?

I had to go to FB & search her name to find it. It could be whether you're on your phone or an actual computer, I'm on an iPhone & it didn't work for me.

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

It seems to work now. The first couple times it said "page not found ".

I had to go to FB & search her name to find it. It could be whether you're on your phone or an actual computer, I'm on an iPhone & it didn't work for me.

I had the same issue with the link originally posted by bessie :blushing:
:dunno:

Anyhow, it wouldn't be the 1st time I needed help finding my way. I'm happy to help :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have read over this thread for the past hour or so and I have some thoughts (JMO of course).

Is there anything that says she voluntarily disappeared? I think with the right resources, it really wouldn't be that hard. She could have known someone who could have picked her up at the mall and then taken her to dump her suitcase. It really is a possibility, but IMO I don't think that's what happened. I think if someone DID pick her up, LE would have already released surveillance video asking the public if anyone recognized the vehicle if they thought her disappearance was suspicious.

I think with LE being so quiet and no real updates since this initially happened, I think they already have an idea and are waiting on concrete evidence or the right time to release the info. Also if she did walk away on her own, that's her right. She didn't break any laws initially so LE has no reason to detain her.

This is definitely my opinion, but this case kind of reminds me of Maura Murray.

PS-Also, the search warrant was for her facebook page as per this article http://www.fredericksburg.com/news/...cle_4eea9054-a9b0-11e5-a16a-e7a7f3948818.html (I hope I linked that right) so maybe they DID find something on her personal facebook that she was planning this all along so they are quietly bowing out.
Who really knows at this point. I do hope there is some closure.

I have read over this thread for the past hour or so and I have some thoughts (JMO of course).

Is there anything that says she voluntarily disappeared? I think with the right resources, it really wouldn't be that hard. She could have known someone who could have picked her up at the mall and then taken her to dump her suitcase. It really is a possibility, but IMO I don't think that's what happened. I think if someone DID pick her up, LE would have already released surveillance video asking the public if anyone recognized the vehicle if they thought her disappearance was suspicious.

I think with LE being so quiet and no real updates since this initially happened, I think they already have an idea and are waiting on concrete evidence or the right time to release the info. Also if she did walk away on her own, that's her right. She didn't break any laws initially so LE has no reason to detain her.

This is definitely my opinion, but this case kind of reminds me of Maura Murray.

Oh Lord, Maura Murray. I lost a whole summer pouring over that case!

Interesting I did not know about the new public FB page https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindKatelinAkens/ They posted a photo of Office Max donating flyers to be put on pizza boxes; people are leaving flyers in stores. So people are actively putting her name/flyer out there. I am still surprised that LE has not made a new statement, even if it's just to say 'no news'

There's also a post from Dateline's FB page featuring this case.

I just viewed Find Katelin Fb. In all the pictures of her, she looks so different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member