Found Safe VA - Monica, 29, Kai, 7, & Oria Lamping, 11 mos, Virginia Beach, 21 Jan 2017

She does have a lot of friends who are into alternative spiritualism. I'm not sure what to think right now but it is very possible she is voluntarily missing.
You were spot on Vail

Ditz claimer:
(Falls in the shower are real! I hurt my back and I am on percocet so my words are either many at once jumbled or very few...still...possibly jumbled) sigh.

Maybe there is no Chad.

I don't know what to think, but I am keeping the theory on the table that there is no Chad. Jmo
Do we know if Chad exists?

Ditz claimer:
(Falls in the shower are real! I hurt my back and I am on percocet so my words are either many at once jumbled or very few...still...possibly jumbled) sigh.

Someone could have pushed the space heater up against the curtains or piled newspapers around it or put it face-down on the rug, something like that.... They may have made sure it was already burning before they left.
Or an older space heater that was already malfunctioning only known by a few?

Ditz claimer:

First let me just say that I pray to God these kids are OK and unharmed, I have some questions that I can't seem to answer so I'm coming here since no one else has brought it up.

Does it not seem awfully fishy that this "chad" character (who if he exists and harmed this family has to be a legitimate physopath) wouldn't just kill the mother when they were out on their date???? I mean, if there's some crazy guy named chad going around looking for women to kill, why wouldn't he have just done it then, why involve the kids, when you don't have to???

It just doesn't seem to make any sense and then she was seen by a neighbor a day or so before loading a huge bag of stuff into her car?! Also, whats the deal with the younger child's father? Maybe there was some kind of custody battle brewing between them and she split town.

Her splitting town is the best case scenario at this point, I just pray that all 3 of them are ok.
Welcome Aea418

Ditz claimer:

And the roommate who lost her two furbabies!!!!! :tears:
Oh I know. She already posted love and rip on her Facebook page :(

Ditz claimer:

Maybe a well hanging chad.;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ha!

Ditz claimer:

I don't think there was a Chad. And I don't think there was anything wrong with her car. And I don't think she even went on a blind date last Saturday. I think she made this all up in an attempt to take her children away and have them all to herself. Then cover up her tracks by making us all believe that they were abducted and murdered.
If so I feel sorry for all the local Chad's in the area!

Ditz claimer:

If her house hadn't caught on fire, none of us would've ever heard about this. The entire mystery was based around the fire, and what may have happened to them because of it.

She may have been under the impression that her roommate would be around to tend to the animals and the house in general, so she took off on a road trip to get away for a few days.

The heater causing a fire is what set the wheels in motion.

According to my sources.............um......................well.......................I don't really have any sources .................so View attachment 108498
My sources...that I may have...wonder why the roommates pets were killed in the fire and Monica's pets were not??

Ditz claimer:

Do we know if Chad exists?

Ditz claimer:

No, we don't know. I'm thinking he was made up, or perhaps someone involved with the off-the-grid group, but we can't sleuth because he's not a suspect. Looks like she planned and implemented her own disappearing act.

jmo

No, we don't know. I'm thinking he was made up, or perhaps someone involved with the off-the-grid group, but we can't sleuth because he's not a suspect. Looks like she planned and implemented her own disappearing act.

jmo
The off the grid group is not cheap.
Imho

Ditz claimer:

Sorry for all my posts just now feeling better and catching up before dinner.
Thanks for understanding/tolerating!

Ditz claimer:

The off the grid group is not cheap.

That's the truth. Ironic, isn't it?

The heat had been off in the home for some time. Was that a financial issue, or an "off the grid" decision? If financial, how was she going to afford that community? Winter in Virginia is no joke ... I wonder if Kai's dad was aware. I wouldn't be happy knowing my child was cold.

I need to read further. Did she go there to stay with someone? A Chad or someone else?
Do they have vacant homes? A Waiting list?
c21b425954965c4eedf24591e60fbd7f.jpg

The photo above on their Facebook looks very similar to some of the photo's posted on flyers of Monica imho
Maybe she has been interested/involved with this group for a while?
e61ad04766677454ae5efb8f1b7d0d8b.jpg

8aad140b55d03b60cb5fc066218798bc.jpg

Is it just me seeing the dimples in both pictures? Or is it just a common trait?

I think "Chad" was part of her plan so everyone would think the mysterious blind date did something to them. I really don't think she expected to be found.

The heat had been off in the home for some time. Was that a financial issue, or an "off the grid" decision? If financial, how was she going to afford that community? Winter in Virginia is no joke ... I wonder if Kai's dad was aware. I wouldn't be happy knowing my child was cold.
I don't believe her son's dad being in the military and most likely paying child support knew that the heat was turned off. I do think he will be given custody of his son. Moo
Imho as a retired military spouse of 20 plus years and a key spouse.

I don't believe her son's dad being in the military and most likely paying child support knew that the heat was turned off. I do think he will be given custody of his son. Moo
Imho as a retired military spouse of 20 plus years and a key spouse.

I've read a couple of comments here at WS about the heat being turned off, but I don't recall reading that in any article. Did I miss it?

I know she had a space heater running, but that doesn't necessarily mean her heat was turned off.

I've read a couple of comments here at WS about the heat being turned off, but I don't recall reading that in any article. Did I miss it?

I know she had a space heater running, but that doesn't necessarily mean her heat was turned off.
I read that too not sure where possibly friends or family? I will see if I can find a link.

ETA Found the link from the first page and the comment below:
http://pilotonline.com/news/local/f...cle_b2d91b09-5198-5d65-8163-b76226502aa6.html
One of the occupants told the Fire Department that the house “had been without heat for some time.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back