Found Safe VA - Monica, 29, Kai, 7, & Oria Lamping, 11 mos, Virginia Beach, 21 Jan 2017

Will blind date mechanic Chad from the gas station please step forward? We just want to confirm your existence ...

It is possible that she was not the last adult to leave the house that evening (ie. the one responsible for leaving a space heater on). There was also a roommate who resided there. So far although the investigation was still open last we heard, they are leaning towards accidental for the cause.

The latest I found on this situation was the following:

UPDATE: Monica Lamping and her two children, who had been missing for more than three days, were found safe in North Carolina on Wednesday, January 25. “We located her at 11:30 this morning,” Virginia Beach Police Department officer and spokesperson Tonya Pierce tells Us Weekly. “It appears she was not aware that people were looking for her.” http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...s-missing-after-blind-date-house-fire-w462748

and

[FONT=&quot]The mother has not been charged with any crime, police said.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"In Virginia, it is not a crime to be missing," Kuehn said. "Obviously there was a communication problem between the family but that doesn't constitute a crime." http://pilotonline.com/news/local/m...cle_cd221b00-1c22-5113-8c2d-bd942962a1d4.html[/FONT]

Please post accordingly.

It is possible that she was not the last adult to leave the house that evening (ie. the one responsible for leaving a space heater on). There was also a roommate who resided there. So far although the investigation was still open last we heard, they are leaning towards accidental for the cause.

The latest I found on this situation was the following:

and

Please post accordingly.

The son was supposed to be in school.
His father wasn't informed he was being taken out of state.

But she wasn't aware that people were worried.

Naturally.

I want to give her the benefit of the doubt but I find it hard to believe you wouldn't know anyone was looking for you when you ask someone to pick you up in the am, and know your son is expected at school. Just lots of suspicious things like where was phone and was car really being worked on or? I am SO glad that these babies and their mother are safe so I'll sit on my hands until further news is released. RIP to the fur babies that perished :,(

I am just going by a news report that said ML sent a text to her roommate at 12:30am asking her if she was coming home that night. My only concern is, if she was leaving for a few days, why leave on a space heater? My heart aches for those precious animals :tears:
(I'm NOT saying I think it was intentional.)

from article:
At about 10.30pm that night, Ms Shell received a text from Ms Lamping asking for a ride to Chad’s house in the morning so she could pick up her car.Then at around midnight, Ms Lamping’s roommate, who shared the rent but often stayed with her boyfriend, received a text asking whether she would be coming home that night.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...n/news-story/118d1f49d824042199f180bbcfcd6b4b

I'm sure LE and possibly insurance investigators will be thoroughly looking at this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still haven't seen any indication if she was traveling with the internet hunk, formerly known as "Chad". Maybe he led her down a path to fantasy-land and she went along with it hook, line, and sinker. It wouldn't be the first time in history that a woman fell head-over-heels for a guy and started making really bad decisions.

[video=twitter;824488867654950913]https://twitter.com/13StevenGraves/status/824488867654950913[/video]

JUST IN: All smiles as Kevin Lamping reunites with his son, Kai, in N.C. He says "Thank you so much for your help in this.

The responses here are interesting, lots of compassion for her. I wonder what the response would be had the father taken the children secretly in the middle of the night, with the house burning soon after. So many times on WS when a non-custodial father has taken his children there is an outcry of extreme danger. I'm not trying to crucify her ... just wishing the scales were equally balanced.

The responses here are interesting, lots of compassion for her. I wonder what the response would be had the father taken the children secretly in the middle of the night, with the house burning soon after. So many times on WS when a non-custodial father has taken his children there is an outcry of extreme danger. I'm not trying to crucify her ... just wishing the scales were equally balanced.

I don't think anyone condones arson. That's where my compassion ends.

So glad she and the children were found safe. What a relief for her family and friends.

I have no compassion for her. She scared everyone half to death and the fire aggravated things. She had to have known people were looking for her and the kids and were concerned for their well being.

The first step toward healing is admitting there is a problem. That's all I'm gonna say.

I honestly think a lot of what looks like compassion here is actually relief, especially because little ones are involved.

I honestly think a lot of what looks like compassion here is actually relief, especially because little ones are involved.

Yeah this. It's always better missing people are found alive. Even if they made bad choices, where there is life there is hope for growth, improvement, change or if necessary justice. Still all better than the finality of death.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Missing Virginia Beach woman and 2 kids found at off-the-grid “eco-village,” father confirms

http://pilotonline.com/news/missing...cle_04f4170a-e82c-5ef0-8ac9-37069b27ee4c.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know the custody agreement between Monica and Kevin (and I'm trying not to judge the mother's actions) but the whole eco village/living off grid makes me feel like wasn't planning on notifying Kevin of her plans. I could be wrong but I hope he has a good attorney and can get an emergency custody order. I fear she may eventually try this again. Just my two cents.

Still reading up.

Glad all are safe. Concerned about the oldest missing school.
We homeschooled but I have never heard about a living off the grid community. Hoping a place where they had heat! Seems planned imho. Any more info about chad?.
Will try and catch up after dinner.
Ditz claimer:
(Falls in the shower are real! I hurt my back and I am on percocet so my words are either many at once jumbled or very few...still...possibly jumbled) sigh.

Yes, that's it. It's relief that the missing people are alive and safe.

Thanks for coming up with the right word.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back