Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have a hard time figuring out her message to her friends inside too...If what we heard was the correct context of that call, she didn't seem concerned to be on the outside, and the excuse about looking for a bathroom sounds like it was just that, an excuse to her friends as to why she was on the outside.

I know a lot of kids will go back out to their cars to smoke or drink, not saying this is this case with Morgan but they is why at a lot of events they do not allow re-entry. Could she have gone outside because someone else she met wanted to do these things and talked her in to going along?

Again it seems to me that she felt relativity safe at the time she made the call and why say she would get home on her own, why not say she would wait outside for them, especially IIRC it was her car they came in.

Sounds like she had plans for something...

True, but I still have trouble with the fact that concerts are soooo loud, how did her friend really hear anything let alone with clarity that Morgan would find a ride....possible UVA student she knew offered Morgan a ride home??? Question is, which UVA student?

I don't have a hard time understanding why her friends didn't go with her to the bathroom/outside/etc. but I DO have a hard time understanding why they would leave the venue without her, not knowing where she was or if she was safe.

It has always bothered me that her friends didn't leave when they found out she couldn't get back inside. At least one of them should have bit the bullet & went out to keep her company or try to get her car keys to her so she would have had a place to wait.

I've been in the situation of having a friend ejected from a venue & although I was none too happy about it, I left WITH them. I've stayed behind to babysit the ones that drank too much & no amount of "I'll be fine, go without me" ever convinced me to leave them behind. The whole thing is just inconceivable to me. :confused:

Yeah, I wouldn't expect my friends to walk away from the fun just to wait on me to use the bathroom, I wouldn't even ask. I don't think drugged either. I was dumb enough to "drug" myself. When me and my friends were underage, we would just "party" enough before we went so we wouldn't have to sneak anything in. Once I passed out at a party and my "best friend' left me because she was also out of it.

Stupid, I know... but surely I am not the only one who made those dumb mistakes

I am right with you!!! I went to lots of concerts at her age...It could have happened to me or any of my friends. We drank/drugged too much too quick and let's just say made horrible decisions. I don't think her friends are as bad as people are making them out to be either. I guarantee they feel so horrible and guilty....but let's face it, I bet they were in the same state of mind as Morgan.

Yeah, I wouldn't expect my friends to walk away from the fun just to wait on me to use the bathroom, I wouldn't even ask. I don't think drugged either. I was dumb enough to "drug" myself. When me and my friends were underage, we would just "party" enough before we went so we wouldn't have to sneak anything in. Once I passed out at a party and my "best friend' left me because she was also out of it.

Yes I made a lot of those dumb mistake in my early 20's. I was from a small town and trusted everyone whether I knew them or not. Had we had the internet and these type boards then I might have been so much more careful after about what I did. Now I am constantly warning my teen everytime they leave the house, which of course he thinks is so crazy.

I thought I read somewhere on here recently that Morgan was spotted getting into a vehicle on Copley bridge. Has it been mentioned what type of vehicle it was? Just wondering if it was a car or a truck. I don't know too much about tire marks or anything, but if someone drove up to the site, would their tracks be preserved under ther snow or would they disappear?

RIP Morgan! Thoughts and prayers go out to the Harrington family!

This eh is listed as a violent offender. There must be a reason for that which would not likely be a statutory rape.

He was arrested as a juvenile when he was 16. All of those records are sealed. Could have been a forced rape of another minor though.

I don't have a hard time understanding why her friends didn't go with her to the bathroom/outside/etc. but I DO have a hard time understanding why they would leave the venue without her, not knowing where she was or if she was safe.

Me too. I am in no way blaming them for what happened, but I would never have left without knowing my friend was safe. I also think that policies need to be changed regarding letting people back in after they go outside. She should've been allowed to wait in an office or something at least, especially if eye witnesses say she was acting drunk, etc. JMO.

I thought I read somewhere on here recently that Morgan was spotted getting into a vehicle on Copley bridge. Has it been mentioned what type of vehicle it was? Just wondering if it was a car or a truck. I don't know too much about tire marks or anything, but if someone drove up to the site, would their tracks be preserved under ther snow or would they disappear?

RIP Morgan! Thoughts and prayers go out to the Harrington family!

I remember witness sightings of Morgan believed to be on bridge but not yet confirmed by LE. I believe the truck/car was proved false.

I wonder if the parents of morgan can do anything to the arena or the metalica security personel like a wrongfull death lawsuit or something..just a thought.

From Timeline:
9:20 - 9:30 PM: The person matching Morgan's description was seen on the Copeley Road Bridge near Ivy Road. The last spotting of Morgan Harrington was at 9:30 PM near the intersection of Copeley Rd. and Ivy Rd

Last known sighting.

I wonder if the parents of morgan can do anything to the arena or the metalica security personel like a wrongfull death lawsuit or something..just a thought.

How would the arena or security be responsible?

As sad as this case is I actually hope they can't, this country is sue crazy enough already. At some point people need to be responsible for their own actions and decisions in life.

You are far from alone, ams!!! Been there, done that, too!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMK