Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
personally I think it was a crime of opportunity that got out of hand.....she either hitchhiked or went off with someone to further "party" and they have tried it on her and she rebuked their advances and it then turned into more of a brutal rape situation.....

Yes, or she asked to use some guy's cell phone because hers wasn't working. I'm thinking (still) of Brian Rooney's 2006 murder of University of Vermont student Michelle Gardner-Quinn. Aside, perhaps, from the broken bones, the details seem very, very similar.

just checking to see if there have been any further advances......

re above that it was accidental.....I too dont think so because of what the parents said about her bones being broken....

personally I think it was a crime of opportunity that got out of hand.....she either hitchhiked or went off with someone to further "party" and they have tried it on her and she rebuked their advances and it then turned into more of a brutal rape situation.....

by the way do they know if she was sexually assualted????? sorry if this has already been determined but I cant remember if they ever said she was......

I believe it was the Harrington's that drew that conclusion, as I don't think LE has stated that Morgan was sexually assaulted. I think as a parent, if you were to find your daughter's remains left in a field, missing articles of clothing and viewing her broken bones you would perhaps come to that conclusion. Though it is my opinion, the nature of the crime would lead me to believe that a sexual assault did occur. I also agree with your scenario of how her murder may have happened.

Yes, or she asked to use some guy's cell phone because hers wasn't working. I'm thinking (still) of Brian Rooney's 2006 murder of University of Vermont student Michelle Gardner-Quinn. Aside, perhaps, from the broken bones, the details seem very, very similar.

I just read about this case. I too think the situations could be very similar. The person that Morgan reached out to for help could have very well been the one responsible for her murder.

Has it been revealed by the medical examiner the manner in which Morgan's bones were broken? Did a car drive over her, or some other vehicle, or was a hammer used, or ? How many bones were broken and/or in which parts of her body? Were all her bones there or were any missing?

Does the violence of the bones being broken indicate the perpetrator being twisted and savage as a person -- or -- would someone high on meth/another drug become violent in this way?

With all due respect to the mother, the statement that the bones were broken BEFORE he murdered her seems like speculation. How could she know?

I would think they can tell if injuries are inflicted post-mortem, assuming enough tissue remains to be examined.

I don't know how Morgan's Mother could know that Morgan's bones were broken before the murder -- unless -- the medical examiner perhaps told her his opinion of how Morgan was killed. I still keep wondering if a tractor or some other farm vehicle did not inadvertantly drive over Morgan's body when there was some snow on the ground (prior to the big snow). I am assuming the medical examiner could tell what kinds of breaks these were and how they might have happened.

I don't know how Morgan's Mother could know that Morgan's bones were broken before the murder -- unless -- the medical examiner perhaps told her his opinion of how Morgan was killed. I still keep wondering if a tractor or some other farm vehicle did not inadvertantly drive over Morgan's body when there was some snow on the ground (prior to the big snow). I am assuming the medical examiner could tell what kinds of breaks these were and how they might have happened.
I don't think so; IIRC, Bass said that was the first time he'd been down in that spot for some time (before her disappearance).

Ok, so -- probably no farm related vehicle accidentally driven across where she was. Would be helpful to see the medical examiners report -- maybe we could at least get an idea of what kind of violence we're looking at.

I don't think so; IIRC, Bass said that was the first time he'd been down in that spot for some time (before her disappearance).

Yes the last time Mr. Bass was in that field was in August.

Ok, so -- probably no farm related vehicle accidentally driven across where she was. Would be helpful to see the medical examiners report -- maybe we could at least get an idea of what kind of violence we're looking at.

People did hunt on the property. There could have been other vehicles in the field after the last time Mr. Bass was back there in August. I agree ANY information from the ME or LE would be extremely helpful, but I don't think we will see anything until an arrest is made.

i just thought i would throw his out there.i think about this case a lot.and at times i get a feeling that a female is involved.the reason i say this is because of missing items that i dont understand a male/s keeping.also the placement of items in this case.at times to me it just feels like it could be a jealousy issue.maybe i am crazy.jmt

I think about this case on a daily basis as well. I think your view on a females involvement is interesting. Maybe she was the recipient of Morgan's necklace? I would have to assume that LE has checked all area pawn shops or have them on the look out for the necklace and camera. The necklace (and possibly camera) could have been a gift from Morgan's killer, or if a female was present she may have wanted to keep the necklace for herself. IDK. So many possibilities...The shirt really bugs me too. The only reason I can come up with is that the perp wanted to push LE in one direction. If he dumps Morgan's belongings close to campus, maybe LE will stay close to campus with their searches?? I do not understand Morgan's killer taking that risk, and if he did in fact dump her purse, credit cards and ID in another area, that's just adding to that risk. Why would a killer do that? Why not burn or get rid of any evidence that would lead LE to Morgan's killer? Why did they want it to be found?

I think about this case on a daily basis as well. I think your view on a females involvement is interesting. Maybe she was the recipient of Morgan's necklace? I would have to assume that LE has checked all area pawn shops or have them on the look out for the necklace and camera. The necklace (and possibly camera) could have been a gift from Morgan's killer, or if a female was present she may have wanted to keep the necklace for herself. IDK. So many possibilities...The shirt really bugs me too. The only reason I can come up with is that the perp wanted to push LE in one direction. If he dumps Morgan's belongings close to campus, maybe LE will stay close to campus with their searches?? I do not understand Morgan's killer taking that risk, and if he did in fact dump her purse, credit cards and ID in another area, that's just adding to that risk. Why would a killer do that? Why not burn or get rid of any evidence that would lead LE to Morgan's killer? Why did they want it to be found?

I agree. Obviously the killer didn't expect her body to be found so soon, and thought that placing these items in town would lead LE in the opposite direction.

JMO

You make some interesting points here, however I recall a interview with MH's parents and the mother specifically saying "in the manner in which MH was killed (along the lines of torture)...LE wants any information in regards to the farm in hopes the has some connection or eventually will show up there. <snip> Traveling to the Anchorage Farm location would have created a significant risk for any person unfamiliar with the area, and not comfortable to this type of setting. Farmland like the place where Morgan’s body was discovered presents difficult obstacles such as fences, streams, and difficult terrain variations - such challenges a person unfamiliar with this particular location would most likely have avoided. <snip>

That is their only hope. This is possibly a repeat murderer (because of the manner of death which was mentioned by MH's parents). I hope MH's parents get justice for their daughter!

With respect to the Harringtons I would like to hear this information confirmed by LE. As I understand it, Morgan's remains were at least partially moved by animals and hunters had access to the property so it would be hard to determine exactly what might have caused damage to her body (or shattered bones). I would think only the medical examiner would be able to determine the cause of death and if injuries were inflicted before or after and it may be even harder to determine if she was sexually assaulted.

I think it would be more likely a crime of opportunity than a serial killer. I am also confused/disturbed as to why LE isn't more forthcoming in at least warning the community (especially young women in a college town) to be careful as there is a murderer on the loose.

A female being involved is an interesting thought. Something to think about.

What if the person involved is associated with the university? Universities clearly do not like negative publicity.

This last read leads me back to the events of that night...still believing the people who were with MH that night..had to see something,know something or are deeply involved...
If they were so confident that MH was having no problem in getting a ride...why did they wait at the concert..after it was over? Why,after not being able to talk to her the rest of the evening, all night and never try to call her home to make sure she was alright?
It was the next day when her dad called to find her. The waiting after, as they said they did, has always bothered me...if they thought she was ok why did they wait for a long time?
I know the H's have expressed the great friendships...but lots of times, people. can be jealous or really deceitful...
I don't believe she was hitch-hiking...it's just not done around here that much...
I can't remember when I last saw a hitch-hicker....How about you? When was the last time??Years, for me and I drive for a living....
I believe she was killed by someone very close to the family..someone who helped in the search...someone who watched the grief of the H's and pretended to care...
If I get yelled at for saying this it's ok...I still believe the circle of people who were around MH hold the key...if they are totally innocent....I believe they still hold the key because I believe the killer has inside dealings with the friends and family.
I just don't believe MH would go with a complete stranger...I think it is someone that know MH.
Not random,not spur of the moment...planned,and executed.

A female being involved is an interesting thought. Something to think about.

What if the person involved is associated with the university? Universities clearly do not like negative publicity.

Maybe someone saw MH as a rival?

Has it been revealed by the medical examiner the manner in which Morgan's bones were broken? Did a car drive over her, or some other vehicle, or was a hammer used, or ? How many bones were broken and/or in which parts of her body? Were all her bones there or were any missing?

I believe The Harrington's/LE had said COD would not be released however, isn't a death certificate public record?

Actually I had thought that as well, or of course the 's vehicle. I still think back to an ID witness stating Morgan was talking to a group of guys near a RV. I believe this RV has not been located and your theory on satanic rituals should be looked into and also take into consideration S and M, (Sexually violent acts).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member