Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's probably not Morgan that they found yesterday if the remains were there for "several months," according to county sheriff Gaddy.

But then this can't be Cassandra either, because she disappeared only 7 days before Morgan. So who is this? Another missing young Virginian? Not good.

JMO, MHO, MOO ...

Back to the heroin rumor.... I don't want to implicate myself or others but I've seen dozens of arena concerts, some in a more experimental time in my life. If she was on the horse there are two ways one would consume heroin in a public setting like a concert, IV or snorting. Perhaps she went to the bathroom and found it was way too busy to um, "get right" and that is when she headed out to the parking lot. Much like alcohol there'd be a "warm" buzz that perhaps make it seem a little warmer than it was. Maybe she did a little more than normal since she had to go through great measures to "get right". Now here is where we have two diverging roads, had she been shooting up a dangerous amount, she'd be found not too far from where she shot up, maybe with the needle in her arm. Now if she was snorting it would take maybe 30 minutes to come on full effect.

Back to the heroin rumor.... I don't want to implicate myself or others but I've seen dozens of arena concerts, some in a more experimental time in my life. If she was on the horse there are two ways one would consume heroin in a public setting like a concert, IV or snorting. Perhaps she went to the bathroom and found it was way too busy to um, "get right" and that is when she headed out to the parking lot. Much like alcohol there'd be a "warm" buzz that perhaps make it seem a little warmer than it was. Maybe she did a little more than normal since she had to go through great measures to "get right". Now here is where we have two diverging roads, had she been shooting up a dangerous amount, she'd be found not too far from where she shot up, maybe with the needle in her arm. Now if she was snorting it would take maybe 30 minutes to come on full effect.

In an overdose of heroin, say she was snorting it, then it'd be how far could she walk in 30 mins? Or did she get into someone's car and die and they got spooked and ditched her body?

Sorry folks but this is a real.....reach.

The rocks thing is weird, maybe in absense of a shovel or something to dig with. That's the only thing i can think of unless covering with rocks is a type of ritual the killer does for some reason..

Most likely lack of something to dig with. Also if the body was fully covered by rocks, it would prevent it being sighted from an aerial search.

If he were to dig a shallow grave, animals could still dig it up quickly, especially loose dirt. Raccoons and possums used to dig up our compost pile very quickly when we had one..

If the killer didn't have a shovel handy, i guess the next best thing he could think of is rocks. They would conceal the body from an aerial search with a helicopter..
The thing is, using rocks is extremely time consuming, he'd have to lift each rock and pile them over the body, so i wish we had a better idea of exactly how the body was covered with rocks, its odd..

As for the head being missing, it sounds like the killer may have wanted it for some sexual reasons, trophy, or wanted to dispose of it elsewhere.
As disgusting as it is, the removal of a head seems to be done for shock value of LE and whoever else hears about it. Also removing a head shows that the killer is comfortable with killing, and likely he may have killed before this.

Usually when people kill who are not serial killers or comfortable with it, they opt for cleaner ways such as shooting someone (they don't necessarily have to get their hands dirty) or even strangling. This killer likes to get his hands dirty, i wouldn't be surprised if he's a serial..imo

The body was covered with rocks, wood, and debris according to the article.. pretty sure at the time the killer just gathered up what was nearby to hide the body.

The head was found detached further in the woods.. there is a possibility that during decomp animals dragged the head farther in, if the killer did not seperate the body parts.

Whomever did this evil deed seems to have had all the time in the world without worry about discovery. The rocks were heavy and either a weight lifter or two people to pick up, move and place them on the body. Per the posted news reports we have been reading on this site.

Why is this more of a reach than her drink was drugged, or she had a head injury, or somebody stalked her from a facebook page??I think this is more realistic.

WEll ok here we go. If her drink was drugged..it happened to her. If she had a head injury..she fell. If somebody stalked her from facebook..they did it.

But to take that leap to Morgan being a heroin addict and shooting up in the bathroom...thats a reach. MOO

Whomever did this evil deed seems to have had all the time in the world without worry about discovery. The rocks were heavy and either a weight lifter or two people to pick up, move and place them on the body. Per the posted news reports we have been reading on this site.

Do have a link so i can see a picture of the rocks? The article i read said that rocks, wood, and debris was used to cover the body. We don't know if huge heavy rocks were used or a bunch of smaller cinderblack halfed size ones. I'm sure they don't mean boulders. Also wood and debris was used as well to cover the body. Sounds like someone forgot to bring a shovel, and if they had a body with them, i doubt they'd want to go drive to a store and risk getting arrested to get one. So they made do with using rocks, wood, and debris. Most likely there was more debris and wood than rocks covering the body..IMO.

http://www.wset.com/news/stories/1109/682917.html

"Campbell County Sheriff Terry Gaddy said, "We do have a small frame body that was covered with wood and rocks and debris."

The head was found detached from the body further in the woods.

"It appears to have been there for several months or somewhere in that time frame," Sheriff Gaddy said."

So there are 3 missing young women in southern Virginia? Morgan, Cassandra Morton, and a Lynchburg College student? And then there was Heidi Childs who was killed along with her boyfriend David Metzler on July 27 on Craig Creek Road in Jefferson National Forest, not all that far from Lynchburg. I'd be freaking if I lived in that area. All of these people were/are in their 20s.

Repeat after me: Serial killer on the loose.

Oh, did I say MOO, JMO, and IMO? :)

P.S. Believe me, I will not be visiting southern VA any time soon.

Metzler and Childs were killed near Blacksburg (Va Tech) about 90-100 miles from Lynchburg. But, they both were from the Lynchburg area.

I've seen people shoot up at concerts. Would have to be a regular user of heroin though.

I had a friend who was a beautiful young girl. She was from a rich family in Dallas, had her debutante coming out ball and all of that. She was a heroin user but you never would have expected it from knowing her casually. She had an overdose and nearly died at one point, I guess she was basically dead and was fortunately revived.

But for a concert drug, yes you would expect ecstacy or alcohol or weed. I think if it were an overdose then she hooked up with someone in Charlottesville and it happened somewhere other than the arena area.

WEll ok here we go. If her drink was drugged..it happened to her. If she had a head injury..she fell. If somebody stalked her from facebook..they did it.

But to take that leap to Morgan being a heroin addict and shooting up in the bathroom...thats a reach. MOO
It is a reach, however since we have no news and LE remains tightlipped we were speculating what would happen if.. situations.

What happened 6 months ago with Morgan? What was 6 months ago aside from her dad getting the concert tickets?
Did her relationship with her parents get better 6 months ago?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33480916/

"“She’s really very a sweet person, kind of an innocent individual who probably is quite trusting,” Dan Harrington said. “She’s quite artistic, loves to read, and, really, over the last six months, Gil and Morgan and I had just a phenomenal relationship."

I am curious as to the wording of this. So before the last 6 months, what was the relationship with Morgan like? Over the last 6 months it has been phenomenal, however before that..? Why not the relationship has always been phenomenal? What happened in the last 6 months to make the relationship phenomenal or more phenomenal than it was before then?
This is quite confusing..

I am not really saying I think she was shooting up in the bathroom at the arena BUT... we are talking about a young woman who's greeting or title or whatever it is- on facebook was HighYa she went to that It's All Good Festival (which my 20something employee who's in a band that played there characterized as acres of wasted hippies).We have a group of friends who reveal NOTHING about their evening ,we have cryptic statements from the Dad about 6months ago this and that,we have numerous alleged sightings of MH doing things like falling,crying,kicking somebody saying F##% You to somebody else,dropping her purse repeatedly and a group of friends who don't seem to think much about her just wandering away.I think it's way more likely drugs are involved and I REPEAT I still care about what happened to her even if she voluntarily took drugs!

I knew that my best friend was partying. I knew that she was partying way too much. I knew that she was into some serious stuff. Still, it was years before I actually knew that she was a heroin addict. Addicts can be pretty good at keeping their secrets.

Opiates are a huge problem in the USA, between painkiller abuse to heroine. That painkiller industry has gotten worse over the years.

Rumors can be mean and nasty however..
If Morgan did have a problem, it's possible they want to keep it under wraps due to her image or maybe LE thinks that it may be irrelevant to what happened, i really don't know.. If she did by chance have a problem with drugs of any sort, it sad to think that they would keep it under wraps since people would judge her by it. That's how some people are they judge others by problems they may have. Regardless, we all know Morgan didn't deserve what happened to her even if she did have a problem. Maybe the lack of info in this case is leading to rumors.. i don't know anymore..

also something important about shannons post is she said she was known to hang out with heroin users not nec. use heroin. maybe a junkie needed some money for a fix and did whatever nec to get that money.

Sorry folks but this is a real.....reach.

i completely disagree, this possibility actually stemmed from a rumor about her, that she had heroin friends. all other scenarios stem basically from things that happened in other cases.
to be honest, the ways her friend have acted i have thought all along her overdosing and the friends freaking and getting rid of her somewhere has seemed very possible.
as i also stated, va has been having problems with heroin again lately. you should see the last girl over there who died, gorgeous.
also i know this is going to get some people mad and they will disagree, but i have always thought of pantera fans as wild.

It is a reach, however since we have no news and LE remains tightlipped we were speculating what would happen if.. situations.

What happened 6 months ago with Morgan? What was 6 months ago aside from her dad getting the concert tickets?
Did her relationship with her parents get better 6 months ago?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33480916/

"“She’s really very a sweet person, kind of an innocent individual who probably is quite trusting,” Dan Harrington said. “She’s quite artistic, loves to read, and, really, over the last six months, Gil and Morgan and I had just a phenomenal relationship."

I am curious as to the wording of this. So before the last 6 months, what was the relationship with Morgan like? Over the last 6 months it has been phenomenal, however before that..? Why not the relationship has always been phenomenal? What happened in the last 6 months to make the relationship phenomenal or more phenomenal than it was before then?
This is quite confusing..

Everything has been confusing from the beginning. Ever notice nobody clearing anything up. Something is wrong with this whole thing.

Sheriff said that the remains are too decomposed to be Morgan. Has there been a thread started for this unidenfied jane doe?
http://www.wset.com/news/stories/1109/682917_video.html?ref=newsstory

If the remains are too decomposed to be Morgan, then they're too decomposed to be Cassandra, eliminating both possibilities (they died with 7 days of each other).

The third missing person police are looking at (from Pittsylvania County and Lynchburg College--no name found, and I searched everywhere) was just recently reported missing. So there go all three possibilities, no?

NO head???My God in Heaven,did they want to take away identifying the body through dental and such?If they did,they're not smart,body could still be identified.But,if this is not the reason,this is much more sinister killer,shock value,fear for the community,intimidating LE,something. I think if they were doing it so body couldn't be identified,they would have taken clothes,also.

Thank God they did find the head. AT least the family will have a complete body. Very sad though.

Isn't it about five unidentified bodies found in southern Virginia since MH disappeared? What is going on down there? I live near NYC, and we do not hear about remains being discovered that often. Of course, maybe some NY cases don't make it into the media, but for VA to have so many in such a short time period seems strange.

Something just dawned on me that I don't think has been brought up. The week preceding/weekend of October 17th was JMU's Homecoming. The football game was on the 17th at 3:30pm. This weekend brings lots and lots of extra traffic and people to Harrisonburg...it is also a weekend filled with parties in various forms.

I know there is speculation by some that Morgan never made it to Charlottesville. If it was true she stayed in Harrisonburg who knows who she may have come in contact with.

For what it's worth they played Villanova.

Did they win? (Might mean extra partying going on.)

Wonder if she attended the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member