Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have lived in this area for about 20 years, we have had several disappearances. Lisa Showwalter was to meet her mom in Charlottesville and her car was found in Crozet small town outside of Charlottesville. Her body was found several months later..no one was ever arrested.
The Rt 20 creep would flag ladies over because of a problem he saw with their car..get them in the car...he was never caught.
In Harrisonburg last October a gentleman in a wheelchair was found dead in an area a couple miles from where he lived and it was said he left the apartment complex to go get cigarettes and was about 6 months later found over a hill..no one was arrested but foul play was suspected...look at all the missing 15-18 year olds in Virginia..we either have a trafficking problem or a serial killer that just got out of jail..since it has been several years since Lisa Showalter was murdered.
I love to metal detect but since i moved to Virginia, I never go alone. I have had to change my carefree ways because I firmly believe there is a serial killer that is constantly looking for the opportunity to kill again that is in this area.
I pray Morgan didn't fall prey to this person. I pray everyday that God heals our nation and help these missing and exploited children and guides them safely home.

respectfully snipped:
Sunday night, it was an Liberty University student who made the discovery.

"An individual who lives in this area was up here hiking and found several articles of clothing," says Gaddy.

Those items led him to the body.

"He got to looking around on both sides of the road and found a skull." says Gaddy.

Yikes! maybe being a woman, but I can't imagine hiking around in the woods by myself. Even if I had a rottweiler and mean ole pit bull with me. And if I ever came upon a body, there is no way I'd stick around and look 'round till I found a skull! I'd be running like a Olympic champ, dialing 911 as I ran. Gives me shivers just imagining it.

Hope they identify the body quickly, as at least three families have to wonder if it is their loved one. I'd think, if the head was found nearby, wouldn't there be enough hair in the vicinity to differentiate between the three women missing? Though I realize that is unofficial and they have to wait till ID is confirmed. Scary, scary world.

In the attached group photo, Morgan appears to be making a hand symbol. Any significance?

It is a reach, however since we have no news and LE remains tightlipped we were speculating what would happen if.. situations.

What happened 6 months ago with Morgan? What was 6 months ago aside from her dad getting the concert tickets?
Did her relationship with her parents get better 6 months ago?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33480916/

"“She’s really very a sweet person, kind of an innocent individual who probably is quite trusting,” Dan Harrington said. “She’s quite artistic, loves to read, and, really, over the last six months, Gil and Morgan and I had just a phenomenal relationship."

I am curious as to the wording of this. So before the last 6 months, what was the relationship with Morgan like? Over the last 6 months it has been phenomenal, however before that..? Why not the relationship has always been phenomenal? What happened in the last 6 months to make the relationship phenomenal or more phenomenal than it was before then?
This is quite confusing..

I recall seeing a video recently and her dad was saying that the last couple of years they'd been close, particularly the last six months or so and he said they were thinking of this past summer as a 'miracle summer' (or words to that effect, since I don't remember exactly). He said Morgan and her parents had done a lot together this past summer - sounded like much more than usual, as Morgan had wanted to be close to home. Think they may have gone water-skiing?? as well. Guess after what has happened it had them thinking it was like a gift to them to have her so close all summer.

I'm not saying I disagree about her perhaps using heroin, but can't see her shooting up, with only a tee shirt not even reaching to her elbows. I'm sure needle tracks are something that wouldn't be missed by her parents. Snorting is another story I suppose.

In the attached group photo, Morgan appears to be making a hand symbol. Any significance?

I thought it looked like she was making the V sign that one sees so many Japanese folks using when photos are taken. When I was in Japan we started doing it as well, not having a clue what it stood for. Think it used to be V for victory, but wasn't that like WWll? and one wouldn't expect the Japanese to be meaning that, considering...

Just wanted to add an update, without making a separate post.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Body found on mountain near Lynchburg could be ID’d today
CHRIS DUMOND

Campbell County Sheriff Terry Gaddy said he hopes medical records taken to the medical examiner's office in Roanoke could yield the identity of a body found on Candlers Mountain near Lynchburg as early as this afternoon."We have several people who are missing from the Lynchburg area. Based on the description of clothing one of them was last seen wearing, I have a strong hunch," Gaddy said of the body, which was found Sunday.
"I'm leaning strongly toward one of those people," he said.
Gaddy declined to put a name with his suspicions, noting that things could change based on forensic findings. He added that investigators could not even positively identify the body as male or female at the scene because of decomposition. They speculate the remains are those of a woman based on the body's stature, he said.
Investigators are using dental and other medical records and the help of a forensic anthropologist traveling to Roanoke to help identify the remains, Gaddy said.
"I know it's horrible for the families of these people that are missing," he said.
Virginia Tech student and Roanoke resident Morgan Harrington's disappearance from a Charlottesville concert in October has been widely reported.
Two others have recently been reported missing from Lynchburg, he said.
Cassandra Ann Morton, 23, was last seen in Lynchburg on Oct. 10. A student at Lynchburg College from Pittsylvania County also was reported missing recently, the sheriff said.
Lynchburg Police Department spokesman Capt. Al Thomas said city detectives and county investigators are scheduled to meet this morning.
Yesterday, investigators continued to search the area where the body was found. Soil and items found near the body also have been taken to the medical examiner's office.
Gaddy said the body was found covered by debris but that it was not buried in the ground.
The body was found around 3:30 p.m. Sunday by a person hiking near Camp Hydaway Road, according to the Sheriff's Office. Maj. Steve Hutcherson said Sunday that "the body had been there for a while."

It's what i've always known as a peace sign.

looks like a peace sign to me too;All-the kids are using this now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa