Found Deceased VA - Nicole Clardy Mittendorff, 31, Woodbridge, 13 April 2016 - #2

Moving to Burke may have been an attempt to resolve both problems.

Yes of course. But if someone like her that really LOVES her job and loves the people she works with wouldn't move just for the convenience. There would be a more pressing need to leave a great job.

Has it been definitively established that she did work somewhere before?

The point of the song right now means to me that 'LE only wants certified personnel involved in the search.' and that they know a place where people go in their own life. It is unfair and cruel to involve asking for public assistance towards finding this woman and then shutting down all information after broadcasting it all over.
Too many secrets from LE and FF, Seems as if FF is not as tight of a community as police. I trust LE much more than FF community.

This criticism of LE gets brought up in nearly ever case I have followed. Yes, it's frustrating for us to be asked for help and then get little information in return, but that's the way it is. We aren't entitled to know what they know even if we have an important tip. That's not how it works.

Here's the deal, whatever LE does know is not enough to find her so they need help. There are a lot of facts that they don't have that someone else might. Maybe someone saw her or her vehicle during the time she was missing, which could alter the timeline. Maybe she told someone her plans before she went missing. LE is not revealing information because this could quickly turn to a criminal investigation. I'm sure there is information they could release that won't hinder any potential criminal investigation, but at this point, LE doesn't know what might be significant and what isn't. As for searches, this is dangerous terrain. The last thing they need is to allocate more resources to find and rescue the searchers. The fact that they have solicited the assistance of PATC and not the general public bears this out.

While I'm taking LE's side and fully support their efforts, I think VSP needs to get the FBI involved. She has been missing for a week and is the wife, estranged or not, of one of their own officers. I can't think of a better reason to hand this over to another agency. If it turns out that she was abducted or worse, the culprit's attorney will use VSP's lead role in the investigation to create reasonable doubt at trial.

In what ways are they "juvenile and mean-spirited" now? Is it the press conference asking for her to come home? Or the candlelight vigil at the station?

Let's start with who reported her missing-was it her work? Nope.

I drove passed FS30 (Merrifield) last evening. The place looked as dead as a door nail. They don't even have a missing flyer or banner posted... No yellow ribbons... Nothing to acknowledge that one of their own is missing. The neighboring Station, FS13 Dunn Loring has their blue lighted sign... Still announcing Bingo night. It's odd that there is no banner or anything to acknowledge their missing colleague.

I drove passed FS30 (Merrifield) last evening. The place looked as dead as a door nail. They don't even have a missing flyer or banner posted... No yellow ribbons... Nothing to acknowledge that one of their own is missing. The neighboring Station, FS13 Dunn Loring has their blue lighted sign... Still announcing Bingo night. It's odd that there is no banner or anything to acknowledge their missing colleague.
She doesn't work at Merrifield. Her station had a candlelight vigil last night.

Let's start with who reported her missing-was it her work? Nope.

It was stated MANY times on SM and in the news that Nicole did not show up for her shift on Friday which means her work reached out to her family and let them know she didn't show for work.

Great observation! Sometimes the simplest explanation is the best. Occam's razor principal!

Do we actually know where she resides at this point?
I don't believe she was living with her husband.

This criticism of LE gets brought up in nearly ever case I have followed. Yes, it's frustrating for us to be asked for help and then get little information in return, but that's the way it is. We aren't entitled to know what they know even if we have an important tip. That's not how it works.

Here's the deal, whatever LE does know is not enough to find her so they need help. There are a lot of facts that they don't have that someone else might. Maybe someone saw her or her vehicle during the time she was missing, which could alter the timeline. Maybe she told someone her plans before she went missing. LE is not revealing information because this could quickly turn to a criminal investigation. I'm sure there is information they could release that won't hinder any potential criminal investigation, but at this point, LE doesn't know what might be significant and what isn't. As for searches, this is dangerous terrain. The last thing they need is to allocate more resources to find and rescue the searchers. The fact that they have solicited the assistance of PATC and not the general public bears this out.

While I'm taking LE's side and fully support their efforts, I think VSP needs to get the FBI involved. She has been missing for a week and is the wife, estranged or not, of one of their own officers. I can't think of a better reason to hand this over to another agency. If it turns out that she was abducted or worse, the culprit's attorney will use VSP's lead role in the investigation to create reasonable doubt at trial.

I agree 100% and appreciate you pointing this out. I will repost my post from the first thread, which I put up minutes before it closed: Reading through, I thought it was worth mentioning the obvious: As with most cases, LE and family are only providing the public with information that will increase the chance that folks will continue looking out for and reporting possible sightings or clues. As they should. If LE had info suggesting Nicole might have had an incident at work (or wasn't too crazy about the job after all, after something happened) and wanted to just get away for a while, we the public are not going to be made aware of that. Nor should we. Why would LE say anything that would dissuade people from keeping a sharp eye out or give up helping (on the basis people dismiss it as a voluntary leaving)? They wouldn't. Nor should we want them to. Even if she left on her own, her family wants to know she is okay and so they want this to stay important and an emergency so everyone remains on alert. Especially since, even if she left voluntarily, things could have happened subsequently and she could be in danger. So I would assume we do not, cannot and need not know more. The family is asking for help when it is needed (physical search, name of telecommunications referral). So when someone asks "why would LE not include such and such information", I think we should understand why. Just figured it would be good to remind everyone of this dynamic. PS, at least here we have a family that seems to be working hard to find out the truth, unlike the disastrous Anthony family.

It was stated MANY times on SM and in the news that Nicole did not show up for her shift on Friday which means her work reached out to her family and let them know she didn't show for work.

IMO THAT is the first thing off. If her last contact was via call/text on Tuesday or early Wednesday, how didn't anyone realize she was missing until she didn't show up for work on Friday.

Her station held a Candlelight Vigil for her. The Fire Department(Chief Bowers) has been talking in press conferences... They have been reaching out to her through the media. That's all they can do. The USAR team has been helping in the search. The other stations are worried but they also still have to continue what they're supposed to do.

IMO THAT is the first thing off. If her last contact was via call/text on Tuesday or early Wednesday, how didn't anyone realize she was missing until she didn't show up for work on Friday.
I know I don't text my parents daily. And if she commonly flew solo and did her own thing, it's not unreasonable. It's not like she's a child that would always be around someone. This also assumes we know all the details - we probably don't.

I wouldn't really say it's completely off. She's a grown woman... She called out sick Wednesday so there was no reason to alert her family then. She texted with her dad(or someone) on Wednesday and if her family kept up with her schedule then they knew she had Thursday off. If the speculation about her and her husband being separated then that would explain why he didn't notice her missing either.

She is a grown married woman. I don't find it "normal" that her employer notified her family that she was missing.

We can agree to disagree. Viva la WS!

<modsnip>

I'm not so sure its that they let her down but are staying out of it and have been told to stay out of it.
Its my opinion something happened maybe the rumors have substance they maybe have been told to keep their mouths shut and stay out of the public eye.
something is going on here.....
I don't think she killed herself but I do feel she left because of things that have happened.
Maybe she feels shame..... I hope this is what has happened I hope she is alive and well. I just wish she would call her dad and let them know she is ok.
After all this time she might be afraid to call for fear of repercussions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back