GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Did they lie about receiving the tip to make the perpetrators feel guilty and confess? They kept saying the parents were distraught and extremely cooperative. Was that a lie, also?

I don't normally question LE, but what is the reason they lied to the public?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk
LE will use any means they can. I have seen this type of behavior many times. Most recently in the Beverly Carter case. They arrested their poi and said they felt sure that was their man and that no one else was involved. In reality they were watching his wife and she was arrested a month later.

I feel they said what they did about the parents, in hopes they would let their guard down.

I'm trying really hard to catch up, but this thread is moving so fast. So, I know the parents have been arrested for neglect. Has there been any information that sweet little Noah was directly harmed by the parents or is it a true case of neglect? Sorry. I'm trying to catch up but some posts are confusing.

I think they know Noah was put in the tank. I think they know if he was alive or dead when put in the tank. I think they may not know:

1. What he died from (so maybe no obvious trauma)
2. Who put him there (mother or father)
3. If he would have lived after whatever "happened" if he had not been put in the septic tank.

If he had gotten into whatever or was given whatever and was unconscious... obviously those 2 aren't doctors. And they panicked and put him in the tank, when he could have possibly survived if it were an OD situation.

Exactly. I don't think LE believes for one minute that he got in there by accident.

I just read on the FB page a gentleman that helped search for Noah, said someone gave him a walking stick to use to keep snakes and stuff away. He said he was going to carve Noah's name in it, so he would always remember. I think that is precious.

I'm trying really hard to catch up, but this thread is moving so fast. So, I know the parents have been arrested for neglect. Has there been any information that sweet little Noah was directly harmed by the parents or is it a true case of neglect? Sorry. I'm trying to catch up but some posts are confusing.

LE has not revealed how Noah died or how they believe he ended up in the septic tank. They seem to be awaiting more forensic tests. Could be a while, as toxicology might be an issue.

If 2 homes were attached to that 1000 gal septic tank (if I am understanding correct, I apologize if I am misunderstanding, thinking I read that both were attached to same septic also) that's a lot of use for that size tank. Think about washing machine water, toilet flushes, bath/showers, washing dishes and so forth... x 2 house holds.

And its possible that the lid wasn't bolted down, no telling since those 2 homes are both rental there could have been plumbing issues prior, and the tank lid not fully covered as we think it would be. Lots of unknowns and possible things that could be in this case

I wonder where people can go and complain about these plastic lids. There's got to be some Dept that regulates that from state to state or Nationally where
people can email and call them. Gather up the incidents of people being found in them, accidentally or on purpose and send them links. It's ridiculous they even started making them plastic. There needs to be public awareness.
JMHO, but the plastic may cost less to produce and last longer. Many years ago I think they use to be metal. But I would think unless someone fell through the plastic (as in it busted and they slipped thru the breakage) that they should be fine. They have to pass some sort of inspection. The area for the septic tank has to even pass a test (in AR anyways) called a PERK test. and you have to have *advertiser censored* amount of field line. It isn't just simply digging a hole and putting a tank in and going on. So far JMHO from what I have read so far, there doesn't seem to be an issue, in this case because of the lid.

I completely agree. THAT is dangerous. To have an easily lifted lid, that if you fall in there is no way to get back out probably even if they are SEEN falling in. How would you get someone out of there before they drown? Incredible safety hazard.

The tank is inspected and must pass and inspection. If it is not taken care of example has latches or screws or whatever, yet not used... its not the fault of the tank manufacturer, it would be the responsible owners fault that the devises were not on properly.

**JMHO, but hypothetical.. what if Noah got in there by self on accident (my current opinion is he didn't) but going on hypothetical. It is a rental home, and it would be the landlord responsibility to maintain it in proper order.

Thoughts and prayers for little Noah and his family, especially his little sister, and for all who care for him this Easter day.

I've tried to keep up, so the same good will to you WSers posting here, and with continued thanks to courtney_b for being a trooper for Noah.

Yes, particularly when this so-called mother told LE originally that she'd taken both baby and Noah with her that Sunday morning, to drive hubby to work. We know that's not true.....but it does beg the question, did she drive husband to work in the past? And if so you'd think that someone would have seen her loading a baby into the vehicle.

Going anywhere with a newborn was like staging an elaborate Broadway musical for me. If all the props and people aren't in the right place at the right time it all goes to hell. How the heck did the neighbors not know that an infant had joined the family?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMHO, but the plastic may cost less to produce and last longer. Many years ago I think they use to be metal. But I would think unless someone fell through the plastic (as in it busted and they slipped thru the breakage) that they should be fine. They have to pass some sort of inspection. The area for the septic tank has to even pass a test (in AR anyways) called a PERK test. and you have to have *advertiser censored* amount of field line. It isn't just simply digging a hole and putting a tank in and going on. So far JMHO from what I have read so far, there doesn't seem to be an issue, in this case because of the lid.

Just wanted to chime in here about plastic lids on septic tanks. My parents have a septic tank on their property (also shared with the neighbours) here in the UK, the top of the whole tank is visible above ground, the whole tank is plastic and is VERY strong, you can walk over it, and my Mum's cousin even reversed over it in his car once and nothing happened to it! The plastic is VERY strong!

I don't know how the septic system was set up at Noah's home. I have heard of more than one home being hooked up to the same septic. Sometimes it's because the land won't perk for them to put another septic in, sometimes not enough land to put another in, etc. However, the size of the septic is regulated by VA laws in my area, so I'm sure they are in Pulaski as well. The health dept of VA is who comes out and says how many people can live in the home if the septic is there, or if one is being put in, then they determine what size for how many people/bedrooms/bathrooms...

As for needing cleaning *hoping I don't jink myself here* my parent's have had theirs cleaned out ONCE and it was put in the year I was born... 1972. I've been in my current house about 7 years and I know when we first bought it, you could smell a septic issue, but come to find out, it had just been cleaned out, and the normal bacteria had to build back up in it and tada the odor was gone. Mine has all rain water going into it, as well as two bathrooms, and two laundry rooms, two kitchens, and one dishwasher.

I think LE knows little Noah didn't fall into that septic tank.

Yes, particularly when this so-called mother told LE originally that she'd taken both baby and Noah with her that Sunday morning, to drive hubby to work. We know that's not true.....but it does beg the question, did she drive husband to work in the past? And if so you'd think that someone would have seen her loading a baby into the vehicle.

I assumed they only had the one car, but also wondered if he lost his license when he had that earlier DUI.

Not sure it's accurate to compare septic tanks/lids in the UK to those in the US, likely is comparing apples to oranges, IMO.

Just wanted to chime in here about plastic lids on septic tanks. My parents have a septic tank on their property (also shared with the neighbours) here in the UK, the top of the whole tank is visible above ground, the whole tank is plastic and is VERY strong, you can walk over it, and my Mum's cousin even reversed over it in his car once and nothing happened to it! The plastic is VERY strong!

My guess? The infant nor Noah was taken anywhere with the parents on the day he was reported missing. Mom may have driven Dad to work, but I bet the kids *if Noah was still alive then* was left home alone. I have nothing to base this on, but a gut feeling. Something just makes me believe they were use to leaving the kids there to run to the store, or take one or the other to work. That could have been where the neglect of the baby came in.

My thoughts exactly - how could the neighbours not know there was a baby there?!

Morning Mika - good to see you here. The parents were also charged with felony child abuse, in addition to the neglect charges. The baby was removed from the home the Monday after Noah was reported missing on Sunday. So while we the general public don't know specifically what prompted these charges and the removal of the baby, the action was very swift by LE.

I don't think we know for sure that Noah did not go on the alleged drive to work on Sunday. Do we?

I think Noah was put in the tank probably Saturday night under cover of darkness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner