VA VA - Robert Hourihan, 33, Columbia, 8 April 2011

1G1JH52F547124072-1c.jpg

http://cdn.getauto.com/photos/2/24462/1c/1G1JH52F547124072-1c.jpg

From what I can tell thus far, Robert Hourihan, 33, was last seen driving a white, two-door 2004 Chevy Cavalier west on Rt. 53 in the Cunningham area of Fluvanna County. Neither he nor the car has been seen since.

I checked gas stations, hospitals, coffee shops in that immediate area and came up empty (on mapquest). That certainly doesn't mean they don't exist - but I'd be driving up and down that route just the same.

I'm concerned about his heart condition. He most likely could have crashed (but why hasn't he been found by now).

My other though is this sighting is bogus, and was another car that looked like him.

Oh, this is frustrating. Map attached of the area.

Hugs,

Mel

map.jpg

Okay, had to run to the store for a moment, but while driving, I thought of different scenarios.

Seems this guy is all out fantastic, but ran the usual theories as well. 1. If it's been this long, LE has checked his email, texts, calls. That would eliminate a lot, including who he was in contact with. That sort of crosses off anything having to do with another woman, etc. I just don't see it in this case. 2. Drugs are one thing that people with half a brain keep off texts, emails. You won't find the evidence of it...but you will find the connect's number. I don't think this is the case either, but I'm stumped so thought why not?

I am still doubting a random act, though. Did he stop to help someone stranded? Are there any reports of accidents/abandoned vehicles from that day? I could see someone like him doing that. Especially on the back roads, or with limited cell service, someone really is stranded. Could he have been driving them to the hospital and it was a bait? I guess that last phone call is the key, though.

What in the heck is going on in this case? =(

Does he have a friend in that area, along 53 towards 64?

Been looking further. There are locations along 53 between Cunningham and Fluvania County where he could stop at, or a local could have seen him. Have they all been checked out?

map2.jpg

Someone posted on April 13 and 14th that a lake was searched.

Just another thought. If he tok the 53, to the 20, to Charlottesville, there are many hospitals there. He could be ANYWHERE. Ok I'm done with the maps today :)

Hugs,

Mel

map3.jpg

Just another thought. If he tok the 53, to the 20, to Charlottesville, there are many hospitals there. He could be ANYWHERE. Ok I'm done with the maps today :)

Hugs,

Mel

View attachment 14710

There are only 2 ERs, really. I'm sure they've checked there, but what about other people brought in for lacerations, etc? Have their stories all checked out? If there was a struggle (and I'm going to go with that theory for now), me thinks Mr. Hourihan would have put up one heck of a fight. Was anyone connected to him treated for anything possibly related recently? Have they checked out all co-workers?). Hope they can access ER records for male patients with anything like that...HIPPA wouldn't be violated if hospital removes any identifying information...they'd prob have to get a warrant, but I think that's a good place to start. Now, if they found someone in those records that peaked their interest, and could connect someone already on their list with possible injuries, perhaps they would find something. Wouldn't need the actual ER records...but maybe it would lead LE somewhere. Just a thought.

Sorry to post and run!

She says that Hourihan left their house on Shannon Hill Road at around 6:30am the morning of the 8th to commute to his job as an electrician working for the state in Richmond.

His wife says his usual route would have been to follow Shannon Hill Road east directly to I-64. But according to his father, Ricky Hourihan, a witness spotted his car-- a 1994 Chevrolet Cavalier with the license plate TARAMAE and a Winnie the Pooh sticker in the left rear window-- heading toward Charlottesville on Route 53 around 7:40am. The last call made from Hourihan's phone, his father says, was at 7:41am.

Ricky Hourihan says another witness reports seeing the same car getting off I-64 onto Fifth Street around 5:30pm that evening, but notes, "We don't know if he was driving."

Lt. David Wells of the Fluvanna Sheriff's department confirms those witness accounts, and says a third witness came forward with another car sighting that morning on Route 53.

http://www.readthehook.com/90026/family-man-relatives-fear-missing-fluvanna-man

~~~

Is it a 1994 Chevy or 2004 Chevy?

Surfie - the pic from the article looks like a 94 to me. I could be wrong.

I am from Richmond and know the area as well. I feel for his family and friends and I hope he is found soon. I truly do.

I am going to brainstorm tonight after reading all of this. I am hoping.

Can someone clarify year? Doing 150 miles on 29 now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for the posts - stopped for gas. Showed as many truckers/people with VA tags as I could his pic and car/tag (heh. Didn't have time to print posters). Thank goodness for pics on phones. (don't worry, I'm careful).

Lavanda, thank you SO much. I didn't have time to message you and ask, so thank you to whomever did. I'm printing these up now and will flyer stops on 29 today (another huge trip on 29 today). THank you so much!!!

Plastered the poster (4) on all sides of RV!! Going down 64 now

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1303412924.278745.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1303412924.278745.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 64
More pics. Wish id had them professionally printed :p

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1303413056.878670.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1303413056.878670.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 35