VA VA - Robert Hourihan, 33, Columbia, 8 April 2011

bumping for Robert. Where are you??

My heart softened when I checked on this before bed - keeping Rob and his family in my prayers. Did get a lot of "looks" on 64 with posters, but still - there's nothing for us to keep analyzing without additional information. I hate to say that - I'm aching for his family...we need more to go on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My heart softened when I checked on this before bed - keeping Rob and his family in my prayers. Did get a lot of "looks" on 64 with posters, but still - there's nothing for us to keep analyzing without additional information. I hate to say that - I'm aching for his family...we need more to go on.

This is strange but I have a close friend who is a manager of the car wash company that is in Richmond. There are about 8 locations all over Richmond. I have told him the situation and am printing a fliers for him. You never know when the car can be seen.
I am also going to take some fliers down to VCU and VUU since he works in Richmond, we need to be on the lookout here too.

Someone on Facebook suggested that he may have left VA and be on the east coast - I wonder why they feel that way?

Robert....where are you? Your loving family misses you so much. T

And I was wrong it is a 2004 Chevy. Where is are you Robert?
If he went off the road on 64, he would have been seen. There aren't any places that I can not think of where his car could be hidden on 64. There aren't many, if any overpasses and the tree line is not right on the highway and when i say tree line - it's not thick trees.

And I was wrong it is a 2004 Chevy. Where is are you Robert?
If he went off the road on 64, he would have been seen. There aren't any places that I can not think of where his car could be hidden on 64. There aren't many, if any overpasses and the tree line is not right on the highway and when i say tree line - it's not thick trees.
Red sky, on 64 w now heading to cville - keeping our eyes open.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If he was on 53 (2 witnesses reported seeing him) and he made a cell call at that time, would he have pulled over to make the call?

Not sure what the cell phone rules are there.

Rob's wife and business partner are friends now. Seems amicable enough, but who knows?

Wow. Good catch on the comments, Ulikey....and Surfie...very good catch. I won't speculate further, but good question. My, my. I hope we hear a new tidbit soon to help. I hope it's just them speaking in the past tense because they can't imagine he wouldn't have gotten back to them by now (alive). My heart breaks - of course, didn't see a single thing suspicious on 64. Saw lots of LE presence, but I'm guessing that's because it was such a travel weekend.

I really wish they'd release more or areas where the last ping was so people can look. It's so rural out here...it took me a year to be really comfortable with the roads/isolation.

ETA: property is in the hundreds of acres and i couldn't search it all carefully even for days, with the terrain, etc and I'm a stone's throw from the area.

EtA 2: I did search when M.H went missing. We are close enough to where she was found. It was days on ATV/foot for me. Thank goodness for dogs to go along on the walk and help you out! They find everything...and bring it to you...! =) Just added these because it really is....BFE around here.

Rob's wife and business partner are friends now. Seems amicable enough, but who knows?

His business partner has been very supportive of Rob's family at this devistating time. Rob's wife and daughter are very close personal friends and ate Easter dinner with myself and my family after church. They are both truly devistated.

I'm guessing they would remove the sticker too..but there would be residue, I'm sure. I'd love to see an actual picture of the car and where the sticker was placed, etc. Any noticeable dings or scratches?

ETA: in and around this area, there are properties that sometimes just have like ten rotting cars sitting on them...I'll have a peek-sy into the ones I know. Glad the car is white. Makes it easier than if it were darker with the leaves growing in.

There was also ans IBEW sticker on the rear of the car.(international brotherhood of electrical workers.)The car also had some front end damage from a collision with a deer.

This is because he needed his heart medicine every day and they know that he would not have survived this long without it. They are close personal friends and are truly devistated.

This makes a lot of sense. Thanks! But if it was something as simple as a heart problem, why hasn't he been located yet?

And I'm pretty new around here, but I think you need to be verified as a local by the owner of this site before posting.

Did anyone see when/who reported him missing?

I wonder if his wife wasn't expecting him home right away after work Friday. I want to know at what point she realized he was missing.

I have a feeling it took awhile for people to realize he was missing.

ETA. I'm thinking this because all the wife's posts are happy all day Apr 9. If he didn't arrive home from work Friday night, I think the posts would be different. I think she wasn't expecting home Friday night.

I'm unsure if this is ok to bring up from FB... Let me know if I should delete.

I wonder if his wife wasn't expecting him home right away after work Friday. I want to know at what point she realized he was missing.

ETA. I'm thinking this because all the wife's posts are happy all day Apr 9. If he didn't arrive home from work Friday night, I think the posts would be different. I think she wasn't expecting home Friday night.

I believe as long as we don't quote FB it's okay (and that it's a public page). If I'm wrong, I'm sure a MOD will smack me cross the head ;)

Mel

At restaurants in shops around Lake Monticello. Interestingly, it says damage from deer which is at least a bit more helpful.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1303849176.410417.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1303849176.410417.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 33
Thanks for posting the missing poster! I think it is sad there is only a reward of $500.00 out there now. I hope he is found soon.

Thanks for posting the missing poster! I think it is sad there is only a reward of $500.00 out there now. I hope he is found soon.

reward is a total of 5500 dollars now. 500 from family and 5000 from crime stoppers. That is a poster that was printed prior to crimestoppers becoming involved.I personally have posted them everywhere that I have been.

He was a partner in an electrical company and worked some very long hours when needed. He was doing work for the state of Va and if needed to fulfill a contract would have worked all night. That could explain why it took a while to realize that he was missing.

As a family friend,I can tell you that she has put posters everywhere and his father has hired a private investigator.Yes,she has a very strong faith in God and has only left home to go to church. She has been in contact with FBI and AMW. She has tried everything that she or anyone else can think of.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sally43
Back