Found Deceased VA - Sarabeth Hammond, 17, Roanoke, 28 Dec 2016

Appears on mom's FB that her mom obtained the VIN for Sarabeth's car to install Blue Link: (didn't know about this feature)

Per google: Hyundai Blue Link is a connected vehicle system using an embedded telematics to gather vehicle Car Care information such as Monthly Vehicle Health Report and Automatic Crash Notifications. The system utilizes mobile apps to allow the customer to Remote Start, Stop, Lock or Unlock their Hyundai.

Mods, pls delete if not allowed--please take as rumor. One of Sarabeth's friends is in a group for one of my favorite true-crime podcasts, and she posted some really concerning things about someone else being seen driving her car. I hope that isn't true. I've asked her for more info and referred her to WS to share any info she knows.

Murderino? [emoji173]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This really concerns me.. I came here after seeing this on a true-crime podcast fb page! I hope she's found safely and soon!!

i believe i saw that information on one of the missing posters but i dont think it has been in MSM yet, i will try to find the poster now.

edit - i cant find it on an actual poster but several places that are circulating the poster are adding an update and claiming a few sightings and that someone else was seen driving her car, nothing in MSM - so i guess its rumor at this point

The missing pieces network posted some sightings last night but they have updated since then and said it wasn't her. https://www.

She was only here in Roanoke for Christmas according to this blog. http://fromtheeditr.blogspot.com/2016/12/sarabeths-missing-please-help-find-her.html

Appears Sarabeth was visiting her mom in VA but lives in NY

Brambleton is a main road. I don't see many homes on that road. I wonder where this person was dropped off.

They can't use OnStar if the car isn't in use. What does that even mean? If she has crashed, the car wouldn't be in use, but OnStar should still be able to locate the vehicle....otherwise, what good is OnStar?

I hate saying it...but I'm feeling water here.

When my boyfriend and I got into a car accident a few months ago, OnStar immediately dialed in and called the police for us, we didn't even touch the button. Our car was totaled and we had to get a new one, and as we had with the old one, we got many months free. This was in a Chevy, though. I wonder if Sarabeth had this function with her new car? If she got into an accident and her airbags deployed, OnStar would call in. If no accident, I'd think the could still track her in that new car.

When my boyfriend and I got into a car accident a few months ago, OnStar immediately dialed in and called the police for us, we didn't even touch the button. Our car was totaled and we had to get a new one, and as we had with the old one, we got many months free. This was in a Chevy, though. I wonder if Sarabeth had this function with her new car? If she got into an accident and her airbags deployed, OnStar would call in. If no accident, I'd think the could still track her in that new car.

I wonder if OnStar is disabled in water....would anyone know?

It would be really helpful to know if it was her phone that was found.
If not, the phone being off since 6:30 also makes me think water.

If it was indeed her phone that was found, then I think foul play.
Facts get so jumbled in cases, hard to develop a solid theory.

"Caroline says Sarabeth was last seen by her friend at the Blue 5 restaurant in Roanoke, and she was expecting Sarabeth to meet her at a family event, but she never showed.

For now, Caroline says they’re working on only a few leads.

“There were three different locations where she was seen last night in the Roanoke area, so we have had some leads, but nothing concrete. We established the On-Star system in her vehicle, and the car is apparently not in use right now, so they can’t locate it,” said Caroline."

http://wsls.com/2016/12/29/roanoke-...or-help-in-locating-missing-17-year-old-girl/

I thought she dropped the friend off at a home, but sounds like she dropped the friend off at a restaurant. I wonder how busy this restaurant is, would someone have seen if she ran into trouble in the parking lot after her friend went inside?

Brambleton is a main road. I don't see many homes on that road. I wonder where this person was dropped off.

I lived off Brambleton for years, all of the side roads are residential.

Per her mother's most recent FB post, she was located at/near Bent Mountain Bistro for 18min at 6:30pm, 221 up Bent Mountain is a dicey drive for an experienced driver who knows the road and we'd had a lot of fog around the time she went missing. My great grandparents and great uncle were killed in an accident on that road and my grandmother (6mo old) was found nearly drowned by rescuers in Back Creek. I'm terrified for this girl.

ETA per mom's post, these areas will be searched today

Yep, Bent Mountain is scary even in good conditions. I'm leaning toward an accident after hearing that part.

Per her mother's most recent FB post, she was located at/near Bent Mountain Bistro for 18min at 6:30pm, 221 up Bent Mountain is a dicey drive for an experienced driver who knows the road and we'd had a lot of fog around the time she went missing. My great grandparents and great uncle were killed in an accident on that road and my grandmother (6mo old) was found nearly drowned by rescuers in Back Creek. I'm terrified for this girl.

There are videos on YouTube of people driving the mountain if anyone is wondering about the terrain. Just search Bent Mountain.

There are videos on YouTube of people driving the mountain if anyone is wondering about the terrain. Just search Bent Mountain.

I live in the area and have driven it many times. It was covered in snow this morning.

"Caroline says Sarabeth was last seen by her friend at the Blue 5 restaurant in Roanoke, and she was expecting Sarabeth to meet her at a family event, but she never showed.

For now, Caroline says they’re working on only a few leads.

“There were three different locations where she was seen last night in the Roanoke area, so we have had some leads, but nothing concrete. We established the On-Star system in her vehicle, and the car is apparently not in use right now, so they can’t locate it,” said Caroline."

http://wsls.com/2016/12/29/roanoke-...or-help-in-locating-missing-17-year-old-girl/

I thought she dropped the friend off at a home, but sounds like she dropped the friend off at a restaurant. I wonder how busy this restaurant is, would someone have seen if she ran into trouble in the parking lot after her friend went inside?

It's the only restaurant nearby. It's sits right off of the road and has a large parking lot. It wouldn't have been busy when she went missing.

Deleting....read the original post incorrectly.....

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back