GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I told him the name he goes "Yeah they suck" and to contact WKRC local 12. He said that he has called them to report stuff before and they have aired it.

http://www.local12.com/default.aspx

They have the only local live chat - so we tried to show a bunch of interest in hopes of getting the story on. They also have several hours of news a day vs half hour shows - so I thought it was worth a shot.
Now, tell me more about this news junkie friend of yours! LOL

Sadly, I'm one of the few that think Brittany already knows about her mom.

I think she knows too...was at least there when it happened. From that point on, who knows if she has any complicity or was simply taken for him to use as a "shield."

I'm assuming that because it happened in VA and no AA...er...missing/endangered alert has been issued, they don't see the point. If it doesn't get AA status, no one will pay attention. If this was THEIR child, though, they'd be screaming at everyone and contacting anyone they could to get the story out. I guess that's what p***es me the most is the lack of caring and concern.

I even tried to hand feed them all the other aspects of the story that make it interesting - there were about 5 of us in there. I had a call when they pulled the no amber alert because she is 12 - I about fainted when I saw that crapola.

Please believe me when I say that I mean no disrespect and I am NOT judging Brittany's mom when I say this:
Tina seemed to spend a lot of time in her grief posting to her son on different websites and proclaiming how she loved him and missed him and how proud of him she was. etc. When she had a bad day sometimes her posts took the tone of "everything is wrong in my life and you're not here" She was a heartbroken mother and she was in pain. But her posts rarely mentioned Brittany and when they did it was usually in reference to the pain of the son being gone. From Brittany's point of view, she may have felt ignored and hurt because her mother was saying things to the brother in death that she would never say to Brittany in life. KWIM?

I was up half the night reading the posts from Tina on the William Tyler Matherly Memorial Page on FaceBook........and I have to agree with you.
:(

Hey News Junkie .Yeah I had to leave I was about to become IRATE.......I sure hope they don't have kids over 12 *sighs*
That was ridiculous. But WLW radio might be a good thing if we could get them to talk about it - cause they have national listeners too! AM700.
Good to see you again!
Sorry guys for all this local talk, but we hoped to get someone in Ohio/Ky to listen to us. :banghead::banghead:

Hello all. I'm a long time lurker. I was raised in Marshall County Ala. Moved back a little over a year ago. My daughter works at a fast food place in Albertville. She called tonight and said they received a fax with all the Amber Alert info about Brittany. So it seems her info is being passed around here in Albertville. I also found this link from one of the TV stations out of Huntsville. Hope I can get it to work.

http://www.whnt.com/news/whnt-jeffr...nty-albertville-police-record,0,5054731.story

Hello all. I'm a long time lurker. I was raised in Marshall County Ala. Moved back a little over a year ago. My daughter works at a fast food place in Albertville. She called tonight and said they received a fax with all the Amber Alert info about Brittany. So it seems her info is being passed around here in Albertville. I also found this link from one of the TV stations out of Huntsville. Hope I can get it to work.

http://www.whnt.com/news/whnt-jeffr...nty-albertville-police-record,0,5054731.story

Welcome to Websleuths...! And thanks for the info - glad the Amber Alerts are getting around.

I am glad as well...got to get it out to as many people as possible!!

Thanks nannyjd- that link was very helpful. He shot himself in the hand supposedly "to get access to pain pills". So we have a drug addiction..... or a cover-up for a domestic violence that backfired. Who can tell with this freak? Nothing seems too improbable.

In the link the officer said he admitted to shooting himself in the hand to get pills. If a person will go to that extreme to satisfy his addiction. It scares me to think of what poor Brittany is going through now if she doesn't follow along with his plans.

When someone mentioned Shasta Groene, I had go google the case b/c that was before my WS days... In reading it, I found an article about the waitress who recognized Shasta in a Denny's restaurant.

In light of the Amber alert and Brittany being missing and out there somewhere, I thought I'd share the article I read about the waitress and the role she played. It sure has inspired me to be more vigilant about Amber Alerts and also taking a chance when part of yourself (or someone else, maybe) is saying 'oh I'm sure that's not that missing child' -- because it just may be:

http://articles.cnn.com/2005-07-02/us/deahn_1_restaurant-workers-coeur-d-alene?_s=PM:US

SOMEWHAT OFF topic
Funny you posted this! Went to dinner in the big town at Denny which is also a flying J truck stop we went there to save time and I could drop off the fliers.

When I asked the waitress if she will pass the fliers around she was like yes we will...but I have to okay with the manager but it should be no problem. Great!
(Note: I am Illinois she had not heard about Brittany and asked me a lot questions).
(they had the weather channel on because of truckers need to know the road conditions)
So than I walk over to Flying J talked to manger he was like I take care of this right now. Bless his heart he tape it up has I was walking back to Denny. Great!

After a few stops and Walmart (yes drop fliers there too)
we went to MacDonald's....I not going into the whole story....The girl said I can't take that without the owner okay. I said you don't have to posted it put in your dang break area look at it it 12 years old girl who mother was murder by the man that kidnap her! How would you feel if this was your family.... that part of it before I left she grab the flyer and took off. MY DH was like you gave her a$$ chewing. I told him I don't really care I am sick of people in our area who just don't want to face the real world. :furious:

When I left I was fuming and Shasta cross my mind. And than first thing came here and read Belimom post!

End Rant:banghead:

In cases like this where a teen supposedly left *willingly* (at least in some peoples eyes) with a suspect do the cops that work the prostitute beats get their data? Seems like if you had a chance to catch a girl working the streets your best shot is when they are new, scared and not street savvy.

With this case and Jean Marie's I just worry about "men" with no assets, no money, and no way to secure a job traveling with young girls..... it just seems like the obvious place they are going to surface.

And then to compound the issue, the people who would see these girls are not likely to be calling a tip line to say they were soliciting sex with underage girls and think they recogonize the girl from a flyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike