VA VA- Unidentified 12-year-old abducted in Spotsylvania, 4 July 2013

I haven't seen any updates. Waiting for the 10pm news to come on.

Spotsylvania is east coast time. It is a county just west of Route 95, which is the major route up and down the east coast.

This is so diiscouraging.

Im beginning to wonder if this could be part of a bigger crime. I cant imagine why his parents wouldn't have come forward by now if they could. Maybe something happened at home while the boy was out then the perp went looking for the boy?

What about any recent kidnap attempts in the area? Have there been any smilar attempts?

This is very scary! I grew up right there in the area (down the road) and my whole family still lives there. I hope it is not what it looks like. :(

What is this area like?? rural?? suburban?? city??

I am trying to get an idea of the surroundings...would it be unusual for an "outsider" to be walking down this road or is it the type of road that sees foot traffic often???

Is it possible this kid's parents are out of town and left him in the care of an older sibling who is partying away the 4th without realizing there's been a child abduction in the area?

I wonder if the work van belongs to the perp's employer or maybe it was stolen form a business that is closed for the holiday. The owner may not even know it is missing.

It sounds like the boy was dressed in red white and blue in honor of July 4th. That says to me that he probably was not being held captive previously. MOO

I agree....considering it sounds like he was dressed in "red, white, and blue" sounds like he was celebrating the holiday at some point :(

I wonder if the work van belongs to the perp's employer or maybe it was stolen form a business that is closed for the holiday. The owner may not even know it is missing.

It sounds like the boy was dressed in red white and blue in honor of July 4th. That says to me that he probably was not being held captive previously. MOO

Great catch, did not even cross my mind.

This is so diiscouraging.

Im beginning to wonder if this could be part of a bigger crime. I cant imagine why his parents wouldn't have come forward by now if they could. Maybe something happened at home while the boy was out then the perp went looking for the boy?

What about any recent kidnap attempts in the area? Have there been any smilar attempts?

Maybe the parents are away at a party?

What is this area like?? rural?? suburban?? city??

I am trying to get an idea of the surroundings...would it be unusual for an "outsider" to be walking down this road or is it the type of road that sees foot traffic often???

Hopefully somebody with more knowledge of the area comes along and gives more insights. I have driven through the area several times and would describe it as rural/suburban. It is the outer (southwest) edges of the large Washington DC suburban sprawl. My husband grew up there and it was rural back than, now suburbia has crept in.

One of the first thoughts I had is that it is so close to Rt. 95. If somebody wanted to get out of the area fast, they would head to 95 and go either north or south. They need to get amber alert up and down that highway.

So the 9:30 update never happened or what?

Is there a scanner available?

I agree....considering it sounds like he was dressed in "red, white, and blue" sounds like he was celebrating the holiday at some point :(
That's what I was thinking. The outfit also made me think that it's possible that his mom or someone still picks his clothes, because I don't know many 12 year old boys who would bother color-coordinating for a holiday, especially if he were going to be hanging out with friends. If mom did pick what he was wearing today, surely she cares enough to report him missing?

On the other hand, how many kids do you think are out and about today wearing red, white, and blue? Maybe his parents have seen the description, think he's out on his own, and haven't yet put two and two together based on the news reports. It's after 10:30 PM there, though, so I'd think someone would be noticing his absence sometime pretty soon.

I REALLY hope that this is just some teens and preteens being dumb.

Posted 3 hours ago on the news facebook website by a poster:

He's been found-and he's safe.

I hope this is true!

Is it possible this kid's parents are out of town and left him in the care of an older sibling who is partying away the 4th without realizing there's been a child abduction in the area?

Or some parents are blissfully unaware thinking their son is spending the night with a friend.

Another posted an hour ago who lives in the neighborhood he has NOT been found. I hate when people post such things on fb.

Tweet by reporter David Culver ‏@David_Culver 3 minutes ago.

Law enforcement pairing down on scene presence. Moving mobile command. Deputies desperate for phone tips. Some 500 neighbors interviewed.

Posted 3 hours ago on the news facebook website by a poster:

He's been found-and he's safe.

I hope this is true!

Wow, 3 hrs. Is a long time to wait to notify media. I haven't seen anything about him being found in msm. Anyone else?

Or some parents are blissfully unaware thinking their son is spending the night with a friend.
Oh, this is a good point too. I know that I sometimes went to sleepovers where the parents were...unconcerned. It's possible that this kid's parents assumed he was being supervised by a friend's mom and dad, so they don't know he's missing yet.

Not casting aspersions at all, just suggesting that it might not be too farfetched that he's not been reported missing quite yet...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back