VA - Virginia Tech Shooting, 32 murdered, 23 injured, 16 April 2007

Maybe I just don't get this sort of thing, but once the first shootings happened and they knew there was someone on campus with a gun why did they hold class as usual?

Christine, thanks for the timeline and history. It's nice to have something to refer to for the facts. :blowkiss:

I believe it was Scandi that had posted this back at the beginning of this thread:

" heard the gunman had 2 9mm guns that held clips in the handle. That is how he could shoot so many people in such a short amount of time. This is a common gun used by LE. He was looking for his GF and lined the students up in a row and proceeded to shoot them in a classroom."

I don't remember who said, or where I read that he was seen wearing a vest that was loaded with multiple clips. He was prepared to take out more than just his girlfriend. So sad....what a horrible way to begin this week.

Why haven't the networks broken into regular programming to cover this?

A poster over at CTV has posted a link to a myspace page that is alledgedly the shooter. There are some comments posted on the my pics that are calling him the shooter.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=103371055

Nice numbers at Vtech dude, I give props! Rest in Peace

So, your the guy that killed all those people at Va Tech ?? Guess I shouldn't have left the question marks....Since your dead and all.....

Maybe I just don't get this sort of thing, but once the first shootings happened and they knew there was someone on campus with a gun why did they hold class as usual?

I think that there are going to be a lot of people wanting an answer to that question, particularly family members who lost a loved one.

Shadow205, it sounds like you were pretty close. 32+ 21= 53. Too close to 60 if you ask me.

On the 9mm how many bullets in a clip? He had two weapons.

Some were shot in one building and some in another two hours later, allowing plenty of time for a reload. And he could also have had extra pre loaded clips.

If he used high capacity clips, a 9mm can hold 16 rounds typically. That's 32 bullets, but I can't imagine he was that good of a shot that he killed everyone with one round. He had to reload.

That depends on the pistol model but the most common ones such as the Browning Hi Power semi-automatic typically have 15-round clips. This pistol is widely used by police and the military alike and thus is relatively easy to find.

If he used high capacity clips, a 9mm can hold 16 rounds typically. That's 32 bullets, but I can't imagine he was that good of a shot that he killed everyone with one round. He had to reload.

If he lined most of them up and shot them one by one execution style, I can see where it would be one shot per person.

Side note: Something strange is going on. I made this post at 3:58 pm, but it is posting at 3:07 pm and putting the post in chronological order for the incorrect time.

A poster over at CTV has posted a link to a myspace page that is alledgedly the shooter. There are some comments posted on the my pics that are calling him the shooter.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=103371055

Nice numbers at Vtech dude, I give props! Rest in Peace

So, your the guy that killed all those people at Va Tech ?? Guess I shouldn't have left the question marks....Since your dead and all.....

OMG, OMG,OMG ! I just checked out "his" site as well and the comment I found under the signature pic chilled me to the bone.
I wonder if this was some kind of conspiracy???? OMG!

This is what is says .... "did not expect your capabilities to extend as far as they have. You’ve served our purpose well. Everything went as well as I had schemed; this is what I call a perfect execution of a perfect plan." by unknown

Prayers for all of the hokies and their parents

I was thinking about this and the student most likely was present for the lockdown last year (escaped inmate) he probably premediated over this and knew the procedure. So he shoots only one person to make it an "isolated incident" knowing that police and authorities will focus on that area, leaving clear the opposite side which he made into a killing ground. Whatever was going on with his girlfriend; they must have been having problems for awhile; as his unexcusable actions seem planned..

I don't know the situation at Virginia Tech. But I was teaching at UCLA during the Los Angeles riots and know from experience it isn't easy to "close" a large, college campus.

A large university may be bigger than many small cities. And we all remember how difficult it was to evacuate cities in the Gulf before a hurricane.

At UCLA, on the second day of the riots, "closing" meant about 60,000 of us hit the parking lots at the same time. It took 3 or 4 hours just to get out of each lot. Had there been a shooter on campus that day, he would have had 60,000 sitting targets.

Shadow205, it sounds like you were pretty close. 32+ 21= 53. Too close to 60 if you ask me.

Some were shot in one building and some in another two hours later, allowing plenty of time for a reload. And he could also have had extra pre loaded clips.

mysteriew,

Depending on the model of 9mm, the magazine capacity for a 9mm could be either 8, 10, 13 or 15 plus one round in the chamber. So if he had 2 9mm weapons fully loaded he could have had 32 rounds ready to fire before needing to reload. He probably had extra magazines loaded too. It only takes about 2 seconds to reload a 9mm with a pre-loaded magazine.

I hope that explanation helps you understand a little better.

I just heard the shooter was looking for his girlfriend. I also heard the reason he was able to kill so many was that he would make them line up against the wall and then he would just shoot right down the row. I'm sure some of these early reports are a bit askew on details... but the whole thing is so shocking that it seems almost unbelievable.

Hi Christine!

If he lined most of them up and shot them one by one execution style, I can see where it would be one shot per person.

Side note: Something strange is going on. I made this post at 3:58 pm, but it is posting at 3:07 pm and putting the post in chronological order for the incorrect time.

thanks goodness someone is seeing this problem besides me...whew!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back