Verdict: GUILTY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Def suggests #ToriStafford clothing might have bee removed b/c she wet herself, not for a sexual purpose.

Q was, does removing the child's underclothing during an unlawful confinement constitute sexual assault causing bodily harm.

jury asks if removing a child's clothing in an unlawful confinement constitutes sexual assault causing bodily harm.

Sorry but its a very stupid question IMO..if you remove clothing on its own your not causing bodily harm unless your trying to get out of a wired dress....your causing bodily harm when you rape the person after you removed their clothing. What I think they have is someone on that jury who needs to complicate things. They either believe she was raped or they don't.

thanks goodness for my blood pressure medication! MOO

wondered a few times, if someone is keeping an eye on RS blood pressure. MOO

For some reason i worry about that for him.

I think what they're trying to do is figure out who did what and that's not their job. Their job is to look at evidence and testimony and figure out if MR is guilty. Not TLM.

Wow. I'm depressed.

Lawyers took a break to discuss. Back now.

Judge, and lawyers are back after five minute break

Everyone is back in court after 5 minute break

Carnegie is reviewing law on the issue, and legal definitions of sexual assault. It does NOT require sexual gratification of the perpetrator

with all due respect I hope very much that you are wrong :(

The only evidence they have as to who killed TS was her confession, If they believe TLM, that also should mean that they will believe the sexual assault allegations against MR. That being said, they would return guilty on both kidnapping and sexual assualt.

Either way, MR won't be going home after the verdict.

London Free Press‏@RaffertyLFP

Court back in session. No jury.

AveryFreeFMNews Everyone is back in court after 5 minute break. #Rafferty

There`s full coverage on the National on CBC at 9 pm tonight about the stuff the jury didn`t hear about Rafferty.

I think what they're trying to do is figure out who did what and that's not their job. Their job is to look at evidence and testimony and figure out if MR is guilty. Not TLM.

Wow. I'm depressed.

Exactly it's all straight forward minus the rape so make a decision already!! Either way it's 25yrs so leave it he will get his in prison

London Free Press‏@RaffertyLFP

Crown arguing that sexual gratification doesn't have to be part of the act to make it sexual assault.

Bodily harm could refer to the crushing of the ribs during the sexual assault, or throwing the child out of the car after the assault.

I feel they strongly think he sexually assaulted TS but are going to go with TLM story as the one who actually murdered Tori

Sexual assault can mean a wide variety of things ranging from unwelcome touching to forced intercourse. The fact that TLM said she peed blood indicated bodily harm to me. JMO

If we are still here this time tomorrow night???? I'll be......I dont know what I'll be.

AM980.ca‏@AM980_Court

Carnegie is reviewing law on the issue, and legal definitions of sexual assault. It does NOT require sexual gratification of the perpetrator

To me it sounds like there is probably a juror that doesn't think MR was involved with a sexual assault, but they are trying to get the judge to tell this juror that if Tori had her clothes removed for any reason during the confinement it is considered sexual assault (by him) if he was there while it was done. So this juror probably thinks TLM was the one that removed the clothing, maybe?

RaffertyLFP Crown arguing that sexual gratification doesn't have to be part of the act to make it sexual assault.

@RaffertyLFP Crown arguing that sexual gratification doesn't have to be part of the act to make it sexual assault.

What..whether he has an orgasm? It`s still sexual assault regardless. Pffttt....JMO

question still hasn't been answered for them. Debating what to tell them.

tweeters are getting very upset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member