Verdict is in! GUILTY of MURDER ONE - Hung Jury On Penalty Phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the heck is JA crying as the jurors are polled today? She makes me sick

Where was Nurmi? After the verdict was read, the camera panned and his chair was empty.

Will there be new attorneys?

While everyone was standing for the jury, Martinez and Nurmi both passed in front of the camera briefly as they appeared to be walking towards the judge.

Are my posts showing up? I have posted the lime green lady twice a pic i got from screen shot .

Of course I'm as disappointed as everyone else, but there is a bright side. She was at least convicted of Cruel Murder One. What if the Jury had gone with Manslaughter?! Talk about an injustice! So, the most difficult and most important hurdle was achieved.

My guess is that there were one or two holdouts who wouldn't give her Death. But I don't think they wanted her to walk out free, either. Maybe they all would have been happy with LWOP ... Does anybody know it that was an option? If I knew absolutely that she wouldn't EVER have a chance at parole, I do think I could live with that even if I was a family member. But I don't trust the In-Justice system anymore to believe that 100%.

Think about the Manson Murderers. I do believe they were all very miserable living their lives in prison. Think of all the things she will never get to see, enjoy, or experience again. So what if JA manages to assemble some kind of life behind bars- it will still be a miserable existence.

Think of all the 1000 places to see before she dies, that she can only dream about now. She won't drive a car again, go to the beach, have a family, pursue photography, shop at a mall, go to a salon, wear heals. The list goes on and on. She won't be 'happy' living in prison. She may not get Death, but she WILL be punished.

For someone who said death is eternal freedom, she sure had a sigh of relief.
Jody, you still have 50/50 chance of death. I would deal if I were her, LWOP and a muzzle on press.
If the breakdown is 8/4 death, Juan might want to deal too although I don't want them to.

I was so sure there would only be 1-2 for life. But there are 4? Today was very surprising, to say the least.

I really think it was the women voting for life. And I'm sure the women starting crying because they could see and hear the wailing and sobbing of his family.

Next time Juan needs to go all out. He didn't come out nearly as strongly as he could have in this phase. I understand why and that he wanted to protect the verdict from appeal but he needs to come out with guns blazing. And get more men on the jury.

I shall repeat as NG did state so eliquently this night...The Alexander family needs to go home..and start to heal..stay away from the media and be comforted that JM will honor and respect TRavis's memory and the family wishes . JSS, regardless of any second jury will give LWOP.
As I will pop in here over the w/e from time to time on whatever thread is up... I will be spending the majority of my 6 day " holiday" reviewing political issues I am passionate about, the nonending "spring cleaning" , and remembering our military heros who have given their lives for us..And CMJA, ur 23/7 days isolated from others will just keep me smiling :)

Something just slammed me in the head. I was off on another site trying to order a comforter set and boom....

If you listen to the reading of the "verdict" it sounds like the foreman put the information in the wrong paper all together. The first time they were dead locked they informed the Judge properly on the proper piece of paper. This time what the court thought was a question turned into a Verdict but the woman reading it stumbled all over herself, like the paperwork was not meant to be read like that.

I think the Jury decided they were done with this, in a rush or maybe just exhaustion, put the dead lock in the verdict paper instead of the paper to inform the judge that once again they are dead locked. That is why everything is weird. We were told it was a question, then it turned into a verdict, it was chaos, then the Verdict was read like a child had scribbled in what should not be there.

I don't know maybe I am mumbling, don't mind me. It just didn't sound right all around.

Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery on Thursday thanked the panel in a statement: "We appreciate the jury's work in the guilt and aggravation phases of the trial, and now we will assess, based upon available information, what the next steps will be."
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...rs-sentencing-phase-new-panel-must-be-chosen/

Might be up to Juan's bosses.

Imo, it will definitely not be Juan's personal decision. There's too much at stake financially and reputationally. If it really is an 8-4 split, I think they will offer LWOP and not re-try the penalty phase. jmo

Why the heck is JA crying as the jurors are polled today? She makes me sick

She wasn't according to the shrink on HLN she was "gleeful" and happy with herself. She covered her mouth IMO to hide a smirk.

I don't think Judge Stephens will have any trouble sentencing Jodi to LWOP if the decision came down to her. On the other hand, I share your sentiments about Jodi being unable/unwilling to go quietly to Perryville if offered the chance to forego a do-over on the penalty retrial.

The murderer has said too many times she was worried about her reputation. She will not just go away, no way, no how.

picture.php

I think it was the lady with the light green tote

See, ponytail could have taken this bus and went home with out being "bothered" by the media. I still don't get why he walked right out, right by the media then of all things, bought a bus pass and waited for the bus.

This jury has me stumped the more this goes on.

Random thought.....

Did I read earlier here that the cells at the jail (or was it Perryville?) were covered in cockroaches?

Can you imagine being trapped in a cage with cockroaches crawling around? OMG!

IMO ....that SADISTIC THING, that MONSTER, that HEART-LESS, SOUL-LESS, ARROGANT, PSYCHOTIC, NARCISSISTIC, SOCIOPATHIC, CHARLES MANSON LIKE, CULL and MURDERER gave the same reaction today just as she did when she was CONVICTED OF FIRST DEGREE M U R D E R!

SHE'S LAUGHING RIGHT NOW IN HER OWN SICK MIND....AND LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT!! UNTIL IT IS PROVEN TO HER THAT SHE CANNOT AND WILL NOT DO AS SHE PLEASES....SHE WILL NOT STOP!!!

I HAVE PRAYED AND CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR THE ALEXANDER FAMILY! WE LOVE YOU!!!

Imo, it will definitely not be Juan's personal decision. There's too much at stake financially and reputationally. If it really is an 8-4 split, I think they will offer LWOP and not re-try the penalty phase. jmo

No they are going to fight on ..

County Attorney Comments on Outcome in State v. Jodi Ann Arias

PHOENIX, AZ (May 23, 2013) – Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery released the following statement in response to the lack of a unanimous decision in the penalty phase of State v. Jodi Ann Arias:

“We appreciate the jury’s work in the guilt and aggravation phases of the trial and now we will assess, based upon available information, what the next steps will be. As of this point in time, the Court has set a Status Conference for June 20 and we will proceed with the intent to retry the penalty phase. Because, for purposes of a jury determination on punishment, this is still a pending matter, there will be no further comment.”

http://www.maricopacountyattorney.o...ney-Comments-on-Outcome-in-State-v-Arias.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pro. Inv. 1818