Verdict Watch 05/06/2013 and 05/07/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive read the description over and over and I still dont understand what is the definition of just the 1st degree Felony murder. I understand the premeditation part, but I dont see where it describes just 1st degree Felony murder. The 3 things listed always have the premeditation in it.
I am pretty sure JA is guilty of both these parts, but it is real confusing to me the way Felony murder doesnt seem to have a clear description by itself.

Count 1 charges the defendant with First Degree Murder. Arizona law recognizes two types of First Degree Murder – Premeditated Murder and Felony Murder. The state has charged the defendant with both types.

juan explained the felony murder in his closing - saying it is when you kill some one during the commision of a crime and explained she committed felony murder in 2 ways - first after he first stab, if she continued then that was felony assualt - because the first blow was not fatal, but also said that if they believed jodi's story that she took the gun from TA and dumped it in the desert, then she was actually committing robbery (or burglary i forget which)
and the best part - he said to get murder 1 conviction, the jury did not need a unanimous vote on either premed murder or felony murder, but that if 6 jurors vote guilty felony murder and the other 6 vote her guilty of premed murder - then jodi is convicted of murder 1

Someone brought up about JA saying "Maybe Travis had the knife" and that got me thinking. If our Einstein in waiting had used that super high IQ of hers, she would have said Travis came at her with a knife, and they struggled. As a result he cut her finger when she grabbed the knife blade while defending herself. Now she ( I hope) will have the next 20 years to face palm herself before they put her to death thinking why oh why didn't I plan my story better? lol

I wonder how the robe didn't get any blood on it. With the robe right there on the hanger, I find it hard to believe Travis stepped out the shower to body slam anyone over a camera while naked. Seems like he'd grabbed the robe and put it on while "cursing" at Jodi over a camera.

Of course it's not a true story...just pointing out another flaw in it. If his robe was always there, it would have become an unconscious habit that he'd grab it while getting out of the shower. At least imo.

Ooh cool! Thank you! Can you please tell me how to find those threads?
O/T

Here is the link. Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

It's just private forums. Not really that big of a deal. You only have to be a WS member to view. Make sure you don't speak about anything from these threads, "upstairs". When there is huge, breaking news..like the Boston Marathon Bombings, and/or when there was a manhunt for Christopher Dorner, the scanner chatter is the place to be. HTH

I like what you said, that we live on. Oh, I had Sooner Fan#1 on my mind very strongly the other day. She had such a vibrant personality. She was all over this place, but I got to know her best in the basement party group. Hope Uncle Sooner is doing okay.

This is for SoonerFan#1 :basementpeeps:

:bump:

DAYUM.............need an elephant jpeg right about now to attach as us WS'ers........we don't forget our own!

:blowkiss: to UncleSooner!

Someone brought up about JA saying "Maybe Travis had the knife" and that got me thinking. If our Einstein in waiting had used that super high IQ of hers, she would have said Travis came at her with a knife, and they struggled. As a result he cut her finger when she grabbed the knife blade while defending herself. Now she ( I hope) will have the next 20 years to face palm herself before they put her to death thinking why oh why didn't I plan my story better? lol

not that i would ever need to - but in all these years i could have come up w/ a way better story than jodi did - she had 2 years to make up this story - but she still made it too crazy to be true - instead of expert psychologists nurmi should have gotten her expert fiction crime writers

BBM I always thought and stiil do, that JA texted him what to say in their little $ex phone talk. He sounds like he is reading it, there is no inflection or honest delight in what he is saying. Seriously. :twocents:

Oh, and I have a hard time keeping up with these threads too. :wave:

I have felt anger thinking that phone sex tape should never have been allowed in
from the first. I doubt Travis knew or wanted to be recorded, and it was a private
conversation. Plus it's a very odd conversation in a non fluid way.

Nothing seems completely convincing to me in her versions including
Travis letting her into his bed to sleep soon after she supposely arrived
there. I've tried to stay a reasonable person and I can see her version
doesn't ring true. Justice for Travis!

:eek:fftobed:

It is pitiful hearing JA's parents claim that "she need help," etc. but they never took charge. JA had total control and even allowed her to move out of the house and move in with Bobby Juarez...

To be fair, if the testimony is to be believed, Jodi sneaked and moved out. I don't know if they could have forced her back, maybe they could have.

I had out of control friends as a teen. I remember one "ran away from home," and she showed up at my house wanting deodorant. My mom told me I couldn't give it to her or let her stay at the house. She was always in trouble and in those teen hospitals. Ridgeview it was called here.

Her parents were good people, I thought. She was privileged, in ground pool, designer clothes. I don't know what the heck her issue was, and I was her good friend. She got worse as an adult. I was her roommate and had to throw her out myself. Friends since middle school. It was very upsetting.

Unless I know more about Jodi's childhood, I can't really ALV her parents.

See y'all tomorrow ! Maybe a verdict? I took a two hour nap earlier today and have to get sleep anytime I can get it. Too old for this.

I understand that. I just don't understand how premeditation includes a charge that doesn't require premeditation, according to the quotes I gave.

The charges are a building block.

The lesser charges don't require certain elements, than as you move up the ladder........... to first degree, they ADD the elements. So lesser charges don't have it. The lesser charges don't have the premed, but as you move up the ladder, it incorporates all the stuff below, and then ADDS premeditation to the lesser charge.

HTH.......... or perhaps someone else can explain better than I at 3:25 in the am after being in New Orleans for J*zz Fest and getting about 10 hours sleep over 4 days, lol!

aw geez, a new thread in the middle of the night.

Howdy!

Jodi is going down.

BTW, how do I explain to someone that BPD (borderline personality disorder) is NOT insanity. At work a co-worker said "oh she will just get insanity". Well, we know that is not an option, so how do I explain that BPD is not insane?

:seeya: RadarLuv!
In debating with your co-worker (in layman's terms), it would be effective to point out that there's a difference between LEGAL insanity, and CLINICAL insanity. Jodi's defense and subsequent verdict is predicated on the LEGAL definition of insanity, which involves the defendant's ability to know right from wrong at the moment the crime was committed. A BPD diagnosis indicates mental instability, but does not equate to legal insanity. Without question, JA was NOT legally insane when she slaughtered Travis. IMO, that's all your co-worker needs to know, but you can discuss JA's words & actions before & after the murder to drive the point home. :moo:

Should you choose to go ahead with this debate, may the force be with you, and please let us know how it goes! :rockon:

We need KCL or WildAboutTrial to tell us if the jurors are dressed up more than usual in the morning.:drumroll:

Well kids, (that's Dewey's term of endearment) it's been a very long and stressful day for my wife and I, and on very little sleep I might add. So I'll bid you all a good night, and we'll see you in cyber court in the morning.
I'd like to leave you all with these two thoughts.
#1 Feel free to blame all my typos and mistakes on Rose, ever since she mentioned those sourdough donuts, I've been too excited to think and type at the same time.

#2 I'd like to see all of us here who have morally supported the Alexander family and all who have sought justice for Travis to take it one step further in his memory. I propose we all do one random act of kindness for a stranger in Travis' name. Are you up for it?

To be fair, if the testimony is to be believed, Jodi sneaked and moved out. I don't know if they could have forced her back, maybe they could have.

I had out of control friends as a teen. I remember one "ran away from home," and she showed up at my house wanting deodorant. My mom told me I couldn't give it to her or let her stay at the house. She was always in trouble and in those teen hospitals. Ridgeview it was called here.

Her parents were good people, I thought. She was privileged, in ground pool, designer clothes. I don't know what the heck her issue was, and I was her good friend. She got worse as an adult. I was her roommate and had to throw her out myself. Friends since middle school. It was very upsetting.

Unless I know more about Jodi's childhood, I can't really ALV her parents.

I thought her father caught her ditching school with some guy doing "something" and he grounded her. She didn't like her father telling her that and moved out of the house and into BJ's house that her mother said she did not approve of her relationship with this BJ guy. JA didn't want to be disciplined by her parents already. She was already gone. JMO

IMO the reason the jury deliberation is taking so long is because they are meticulously going through each degree for which Jodi can be charged to see which fits. It must be a perfect fit, no doubts. EVERYTHING must be considered. Again, no doubts.

The prosecution has one chance.

I have felt anger thinking that phone sex tape should never have been allowed in
from the first. I doubt Travis knew or wanted to be recorded, and it was a private
conversation. Plus it's a very odd conversation in a non fluid way.

Nothing seems completely convincing to me in her versions including
Travis letting her into his bed to sleep soon after she supposely arrived
there. I've tried to stay a reasonable person and I can see her version
doesn't ring true. Justice for Travis!

:eek:fftobed:

I agree. Also, something I've been thinking about lately. Why bring a gun and a knife? Here's what I think. The knife was meant for Travis, up close and very personal, The gun was she was planning to use in case one of his roommates came home and caught her leaving. I believe that was her original plan. She was prepared to kill anyone who came into that house while she was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu