**Verdict Watch** 3-2-2012; deliberations started at 1016am

Status
Not open for further replies.
"and each is actually present"

According to the jury instructions - I would have to be convinced JY was present when the murder took place to find him G.

I am convinced he drove back to Birchleaf.
I am convinced he walked through the crime scene.
I am convinced he had accomplice(s).
I am not convinced he was present during the murder.

I'm right with you except the accomplice part.

https://www.facebook.com/BethKarasInsession

Beth Karas InSession

Still no word from the jury. If there's no verdict in the next hour, we'll all be back next week. The fact that jurors haven't asked for one piece of evidence may mean that there aren't any real disputes about those items in evidence. The dispute is how to interpret the evidence.

Oh good grief, Beth! What dispute??

How the heck would she know if there is a dispute or not?? She doesn't!! Because the jury didn't return immediately with a verdict does not mean there is any disagreement or agreement or anything! :maddening:

According to the jury instructions - I would have to be convinced JY was present when the murder took place to find him G.

bbm

Thanks! I knew I was missing something but couldn't figure out what it was!

I'm right with you except the accomplice part.

If JY is found G, there is a good chance we'll find out if there were accomplices very quickly (in exchange for a reduced sentence).

If JY is found G, there is a good chance we'll find out if there were accomplices very quickly (in exchange for a reduced sentence).

Seriously? You really think he would do that? Has that ever happened before?

I'm in Indiana, and when I heard this a.m. we were on tornado watch (or warning - I get them confused), my first thought was oh, shoot. I hope my wifi works in the cellar in case there's a verdict!
Be safe! I don't know where you are in IN., but whole towns are being leveled. I just read on Twitter that Marysville, IN is completely gone!

Oh Mck ........I hope they are safe.

I am worried too. We have a daughter and her family that lives in the NE part of Georgia and another daughter and her family who lives in Charleston.

They are trying to keep me abreast of how it is up there but their cell phones keep cutting out.

They are now saying that 19 tornadoes are on the ground.

My prayers and thoughts are with everyone who is in the path of these massive tornadoes.

IMO

So scary. There were two killed in Crossville where my grandkids are in school and the hospital where my son is Director of ER is. So, that was a scary thing. So far today I don't know. They are not far from Chattanooga, but those storms are so massive. Will pray for your family and all that are in the path of this awful stuff.

There is no reduced sentence for LWOP. And if he's found guilty, then the prosecution has no incentive to bargain with him. I could see that being part of a plea deal, but not as an after effect to a guilty verdict.

That might would happen if the jury hung again, and they offered him an Alford Plea in exchange for accomplice information for the sake of not doing the trial again.

I would think being present at Birchleaf is the same IMO.

I don't believe he would have taken the chance of having another involved.

That's asking for trouble/jail IMO.

Hence why OJ had to pull his "If I Did It" book. I do know the laws very by state, so I don't know the details of the Casey Anthony decision. And when republished, all the proceeds went to the families of the victims.

Usually in NC, they are worked into the terms of a plea bargain.

Thanks for your replies. I'm still confused on this matter. I guess time will tell. Hoping it won't be an issue anyway (G verdict)!

Thanks for your replies. I'm still confused on this matter. I guess time will tell. Hoping it won't be an issue anyway (G verdict)!

I hope so too. And if I'm not certain on the subject, and trying to be the one to explain it, I have no doubt that you are confused!!

There is no reduced sentence for LWOP. And if he's found guilty, then the prosecution has no incentive to bargain with him. I could see that being part of a plea deal, but not as an after effect to a guilty verdict.

That might would happen if the jury hung again, and they offered him an Alford Plea in exchange for accomplice information for the sake of not doing the trial again.

What if he appealed the sentence as part of the process?

I personally would. But I don't think others, not so intimately acquainted with the jury system, would hold out.

I could not vote guilty based on the case presented. I would be troubled by it for the rest of my life...

Some random thoughts I have as I am sitting here obsessing along with the rest of you:

1) In closing statements HC said there were several pairs of shorts and swim shorts in JY's suitcase. Why would that be if he was only to be gone for an overnight trip? Think he had an escape to Mexico in mind?
2) Every time I think of JY I think of him testifying in the first trial and it being shown in this trial and him saying about he and MM, "We talked A LOT. We talked A LOT." I don't know why, but I can't stop my mind from picturing him saying that. It was as if he really wanted everyone to know how much they talked.
3) Thank goodness HC didn't say "d*ck tricks" in his closing statements.

Told you these were random thoughts.

PS -

Has JY's sister Kim been in the courtroom at all during this trial? What about the last trial? Anyone know? Just curious.

Live feed is on, presumably about to dismiss jurors for the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname