**Verdict Watch** 3-2-2012; deliberations started at 1016am

Status
Not open for further replies.
There usually is a strong attitude of camaraderie amongst the attorneys in the courtroom, Pros and Defense alike. They work together on case after case after case many times, and it's not uncommon that they have a lot of respect for each other.

:goodpost:

<mod snip>

I've been digging for anything to convince me to turn from a G to a NG and I can't find a thing! I did however come across a little tidbit about PY's testimony about the wreck. I can't remember if it was on cross or direct, but she said JY took that way from her home to Starbucks because the parade had streets closed. The parade was on Saturday, the festival is only on Saturday & Sunday, and the accident happened on Monday, Memorial Day. On cross she said where the accident happened would be a normal route from leaving her house to go through Brevard and onto Raleigh. It's not.

So I googled the Starbucks and the Youngs house to see which route you would take. I encourage you to do the same... 710 N. Broad Street is Starbucks and Mockingbird Lane is the residence. You can see the easiest, fastest, most convenient route by what google shows you. It is totally out of the way to go RR 1114 or 276 as it's also known which runs right alongside the river. I don't know exactly where on that route they ran off the road into the river, but I do know that it's not the way you'd take from momma's house to get a quick coffee.

I still believe this accident was murder attempt #1. A $1m policy was just taken out within the past month.

Reminds me of the Warner Bros cartoon from way back. Sam the Sheepdog and Ralph the Wolf, where they are friendly and pleasant as they punch their timecards and then once they take their positions, they are arch enemies until quitting time at 5pm, where they wish each other a pleasant evening until the next work day.

I imagine it's a lot like this for the attorneys across the aisle who come in regular contact.

220px-Sam_and_Ralph_clock.png

Thanks Cammy. She says Michelle wasn't wearing a seatbelt too.

Sorry, should have said Calamityjane not Cammy.:)

The problem is she lied in her last statement 100% so she is most probably lying about the seat belt. From what I understand from people who know her she is the black sheep of the family if you can believe that and I do not believe at what she said about the seat belt, Clearly she is covering for her brother Does that sound familiar?

IMHO you can not take out 1 statement that you like. Look at the the context of the post. KY is not truthful.

I noticed a lot of overweight people in the court, not just Klinkosum.

Laughter and joking is probably just some stress relief.

Lots of times behind the scenes, lawyers and judges are friends outside of the courtroom.

I can't wait until Monday..............talk about stress.

How are you guys holding up, how you doin Cody?

I was not referring to his being overweight. I assumed the air was not working well, or he was stressed over something.

Most of them are friends outside court, you are right.

I think everyone is ready for a verdict.

Cammy, I have a question for you. Do you think JY's failure to talk to anyone anytime up until the trial(with his attorney present of course) makes him a jerk, an insenstive husband, or a man whose actions are totally aligned with a man who cares mostly for himself?

I think that he knew his affair would come to light with MM, and I think he knew once that came out, everyone would start looking at him more
suspiciously, which they did, I am sure.

I know I would.

Which is another reason I have to ask is why he would be on the cell with MM every waking moment, when he knew how bad it would look.

I do think he is selfish, and spoiled, and maybe even thought he was entitled to get some on the side.

But, I don't think he murdered Michelle......they fought,they would continue to fight, that's what they always did.

Nothing happened or changed in their marriage to make him want to kill her..imo

BBM

thanks calamity jane :) I do remember some of those posts - I saw them elsewhere not on JQ (don't really know that place) and I'm not surprised she wasn't called - just wish she was. ;) add in those emails between her and JY and her not letting the Fishers in to get some of Michelle's personal effects - not surprising she didn't get called at all. The last statement is a real doozy (sp?).

I can't believe I just said/typed the word doozy. :D

I also remember a woman with the word "tennis" in her screen name who was a friend of HY - she was a great poster and gave some good insights...

Tennisbuff

Cammy :) I know what the DOT stands for. I just didn't know if there were specific cameras set up that night that we know *would* have caught him had they been watching at that very moment? Or if was just "they didn't check any of the cameras the DOT may have had employed, if any, that night."

:floorlaugh:

Oh, sorry !!

Wasn't the 2nd pregnancy planned???

The second that she miscarried? No clue Or Rylan? I doubt it... here's why...

The second pregnancy that was miscarried was discovered to have terminated about a week or so after the accident and MY had to endure a therapeutic abortion to expel the pregnancy, and that occurred the week of June 12th. (trust me, it's easier than waiting for things to take their course... but is gut-wrenching and my heart breaks that Michelle had to endure that).

The third pregnancy, which was Rylan who died in his mother's womb, was most likely conceived around the end of June because he was estimated to be 18-20weeks in one report I read. So that was just a couple of weeks after the second pregnancy ended, and generally you're supposed to wait to try to conceive for a few months to give your body time to heal so you're more successful at conception and carrying a pregnancy.

MOO

A friend of mine was an alternate. I've been told no conversation until the verdict. Patiently waiting so I can mercilessly grill them. :D

(for the record, no they did not tell me they were an alternate and I did not speak with them, at all, during the trial. I deduced it on my own. I am a WSer, after all :p )

I am anxiously awaiting their comments when this trial is over! Hopefully he or she is penning them now, so they'll be ready to go!

I hope that Michelle did not know about MM or CAS, those are 2 affairs he had.........

The rest I don't agree with, I do think he loved her, but not enough to settle down and act married.

Does not mean he killed her....

If he did love her, it was a kind of love you would have for a friend,
another family member etc
But I think she was supposed to be just another woman to have fun with
and then the pregnancy came and things changed.
I don't know if I read it here or not, but he had asked her to have
an abortion and she refused.
He ended up marrying her but little by little I believe resentment started
to grow and he missed his single life. Maybe he thought he could
settle into marriage but that was not JY.
I do believe he did this and the hatred and rage built up until that
last night. He wanted his freedom and now another baby was on
the way.
Whenever I try not to think he did this horrific crime, my next
thought is, then who? It was up close up and personal, a crime of
passion.
I don't believe strangers do overkills. Everything that evolved that
night was just luck for him and good planning. JMO

Nothing happened or changed in their marriage to make him want to kill her..imo

Snipped by me... a change in the insurance policy from $1m to $4m the month before she was murdered? Sleeping with two different women in the month before she was murdered? I'd say that 3 million and two huge changes in a marriage.

The second that she miscarried? No clue Or Rylan? I doubt it... here's why...

The second pregnancy that was miscarried was discovered to have terminated about a week or so after the accident and MY had to endure a therapeutic abortion to expel the pregnancy, and that occurred the week of June 12th. (trust me, it's easier than waiting for things to take their course... but is gut-wrenching and my heart breaks that Michelle had to endure that).

The third pregnancy, which was Rylan who died in his mother's womb, was most likely conceived around the end of June because he was estimated to be 18-20weeks in one report I read. So that was just a couple of weeks after the second pregnancy ended, and generally you're supposed to wait to try to conceive for a few months to give your body time to heal so you're more successful at conception and carrying a pregnancy.

MOO

I'm sorry I meant the 3rd one??? Didnt the therapist say it was planned... I read that some where....

Had there been a verdict today, I think there would have been wailing across the land that the jury didn't take their duties seriously, they just wanted their weekend, etc. etc.

For the side that is disappointed in the verdict, this complaint is often made if a jury comes back in less than, say, 18 - 20 hours. Just an observation.

Excluded of course would be the true slam dunk type cases like the Eve Carson case.

Snipped by me... a change in the insurance policy from $1m to $4m the month before she was murdered? Sleeping with two different women in the month before she was murdered? I'd say that 3 million and two huge changes in a marriage.

And, she was pregnant again....

the way.
passion.

Strangers do overkill.... My cousin was killed by a stranger & it was totally overkill....

the way.
passion.

That was my question too. If not JY, then who?

But it is not up to the jury to decide that, right? It is up to them to decide if there is enough evidence to find JY guilty.

I'm sorry I meant the 3rd one??? Didnt the therapist say it was planned... I read that some where....

Rylan was the third pregnancy for Michelle. You have Cassidy, the miscarried baby which was also a boy (can't remember where I read that and how I know) and then Rylan. If you do the math, she most likely hadn't even had a period yet following the miscarriage. She ovulated and ended up pregnant again immediately. I don't doubt she wanted him, but in the typical sense of planning a pregnancy I don't think so since it was immediate within weeks of a loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin