VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Break 2/27 thru 3/2

Status
Not open for further replies.
DP? I wouldn't want to, but I'd have to unless I commute the DP for everybody on the row now and resurrect everybody executed so far.

Her crime was as bad as any.

Hi Hatfield,

I am awake. I am old!! Too old to be up late. Your post has really touched deep into my heart. I am so against capital punishment because my Lord died that way and He was totally innocent of any wrong doing. I posted a lot today about how I believe she will get the DP and how she deserves it. And then I felt awful for feeling that way. Her senseless killing, her lies, her lack of remorse has made everyone want revenge. She has made us hate her and I don't like it at all. I always said I could never be on a DP jury. I would be honest up front. So here I am thinking about this and wondering why our laws haven't changed to accommodate the worst of the worst, i.e. Jodi Arias.

When a murder is committed and the defendant proven guilty there should be three choices. Life with a chance of parole for the lightest cases. LWOP for the really bad cases. And then there should be a lock down unit where you sit alone in a cell with your thoughts until God chooses to take you. That is a death in itself and no appeals to help.

I can't follow a crime like this ever again. I hope I never experience the pain KCL and the Alexander's and a lot of our other sleuthers have suffered at cruel hands.

This has really torn me apart today. I don't want to hate any human being. I am beyond sure that this world is not my home and I am so glad to know it.

So I will pray for all of us. For the Alexander's. For KCL. For the jurors who are making a very tough decision. And I will stand up for the jurors whatever they decide. If I was in their shoes, I would want someone praying for me.

I will always wonder WHY. I guess Satan just can't get enough. He can't take enough. He can't hurt enough. But his day is coming too.

This bird video was on the news yesterday. Youtube cockatoo running around yelling absolute nonsense. I would appreciate it if someone could post it. Its funny.

Well, it has been an eventful day and I would like to say that the highlight of this day happened to be LlamaGate. It made me so happy that they were successful retrieved. I love a good rescue, especially on a day like today when a good story was needed. You see how that works out? Anywho, I am going to take a break here and leave you with one of my all time favorite songs that ALWAYS, without fail puts a smile on my face and gives me the warm and fuzzies!

[video=youtube;CMPIxEWGs5g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMPIxEWGs5g[/video]

Music has that way of making everything all right. I recently had surgery and was scared to death waiting in pre-op. My son whipped out his iPod and portable speakers and played this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmwue6Jq4KA

...and all was well. :)

Which ever way this verdict goes, I truly hope that the Alexander family can move on and find some peace and joy again. That this evil that came into their lives can be left behind and that they can begin to heal and rebuild their lives. This to me would be the real victory and one I think their brother Travis would want for them.

Hi Hatfield,

I am awake. I am old!! Too old to be up late. Your post has really touched deep into my heart. I am so against capital punishment because my Lord died that way and He was totally innocent of any wrong doing. I posted a lot today about how I believe she will get the DP and how she deserves it. And then I felt awful for feeling that way. Her senseless killing, her lies, her lack of remorse has made everyone want revenge. She has made us hate her and I don't like it at all. I always said I could never be on a DP jury. I would be honest up front. So here I am thinking about this and wondering why our laws haven't changed to accommodate the worst of the worst, i.e. Jodi Arias.

When a murder is committed and the defendant proven guilty there should be three choices. Life with a chance of parole for the lightest cases. LWOP for the really bad cases. And then there should be a lock down unit where you sit alone in a cell with your thoughts until God chooses to take you. That is a death in itself and no appeals to help.

I can't follow a crime like this ever again. I hope I never experience the pain KCL and the Alexander's and a lot of our other sleuthers have suffered at cruel hands.

This has really torn me apart today. I don't want to hate any human being. I am beyond sure that this world is not my home and I am so glad to know it.

So I will pray for all of us. For the Alexander's. For KCL. For the jurors who are making a very tough decision. And I will stand up for the jurors whatever they decide. If I was in their shoes, I would want someone praying for me.

I will always wonder WHY. I guess Satan just can't get enough. He can't take enough. He can't hurt enough. But his day is coming too.

Im still awake too, but that was "Hat". LOL There are 2 "Hats". Hat+Hatfield LOL :)

It freaked me out the day when I noticed the other person. :)

Music has that way of making everything all right. I recently had surgery and was scared to death waiting in pre-op. My son whipped out his iPod and portable speakers and played this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmwue6Jq4KA

...and all was well. :)

I can relate. I had a rare and aggressive form of thyroid cancer. On the morning of my surgery, to remove the thyroid/tumor and lymph nodes, which were looking abnormal on ultrasounds, I sat on the hospital van waiting for the driver to come. As soon as she turned on the van, I Will Survive came on the radio! And I did survive! The cancer had not metastasized!

I agree completely. I cannot understand with a second chance and a new jury why they did not go with insane jealousy, that even though he would tell her to date others and move on she still believed they could get back to the place they were- for a short time in the beginning- happy, traveling, sharing their religion and being in love. That Jodi just couldn't accept it and the fact that he was still having sex with her- she just couldn't see it any other way then that he may have still wanted her.

The reason that crimes of passion can be given a lighter sentence sometimes is because most people can understand what that feels like or can do to your head, heart and thought process.

She could have admitted that SHE had it all wrong but could not see it and really wanted to win him back and beg him to give her a chance to win his love and be his wife. He was actively looking for a wife, why couldn't it be her? She loved him more than she had ever loved anyone before- the others didn't even compare, she wanted his children and a life with him, she couldn't let him go.

She could have said, I got dolled up, died my hair, did my nails, I was working and had a photography business, I was going to get my finances back on track and prove to Travis that I was worthy of his love. I went, he wasn't unhappy to see me- we ended up in bed (like we always did) I felt so close to him, like there was a chance.

I begged him for a chance... to take me to Cancun, I'll make you happy, prove myself to you. She could have said he politely rebuffed her expressed his hope for Mimi or if it didn't work out with Mimi he was going to try one last time to win Lisa back and I snapped- I flipped, something just went nuts in me. I couldn't take it, I attacked him, we started to fight, I had a gun for protection on my trip- I used it, I was jealous with rage- he would have sex with me but didn't want me. I slaughtered him, before I even knew what I was capable of. I hated him, I hated the women, I hated that I wasn't good enough. In the back of my mind I was so filled with confusion, unrequited love and jealousy that I may have even known that if he didn't want me... I couldn't let anyone have him. I loved him... I couldn't handle it... I couldn't handle the rejection.

Why? Why wouldn't they have tried something like that?

JMO, but I think the autopsy photos show a whole different kind of crazy.

But did you SEE the Llamas? There was everything beautiful with that!

Hi Hatfield,

oh my
I had Shepherd Smith on and he commentated for almost the whole hour on the llama drama. I was laughing hysterically. Good break from the Jodi trial.

Jen says someone brought cake. This jury is starting to sound ridiculous lol.

Don't agree. I've been on a Jury twice here in New Mexico. Normal to me .. we bonded, brought food and even the Bailiff's wife (that I never met, contributed) . Have you been on a Jury ever?

Well, it has been an eventful day and I would like to say that the highlight of this day happened to be LlamaGate. It made me so happy that they were successful retrieved. I love a good rescue, especially on a day like today when a good story was needed. You see how that works out? Anywho, I am going to take a break here and leave you with one of my all time favorite songs that ALWAYS, without fail puts a smile on my face and gives me the warm and fuzzies!

[video=youtube;CMPIxEWGs5g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMPIxEWGs5g[/video]

BBM

I think the problem was that there wasn't a llama gate. :giggle:

Im still awake too, but that was "Hat". LOL There are 2 "Hats". Hat+Hatfield LOL :)

It freaked me out the day when I noticed the other person. :)

Please excuse confuse. My nick since Natalie wk. 2. I have an avatar someplace, I'll look, pardon me.

Jury had the CHOICE to be there tomorrow and they chose NOT TO according to Jeff Gold.

The judge said "If you'd like to work on Friday...YOU CAN".

They did not

Man oh man is he pissed at the jury. He makes some GREAT points and I kudo him for voicing it! We are all entitled to our opinion.

Don't agree with Jeff, at all. I give him NO kudos. JMO

Do we know if the interrogation tapes and TV interviews are in with the jury? Jodi's 18 day testimony? I'm wondering due to the remorse and other mitigating factors.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member