VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Break 2/27 thru 3/2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff Gold was a drama queen in the first trial and it looks like he's not changing his colors for the penalty phase. The juror has been at this for 5 months. They have never worked on Fridays. They have work schedules, some might have doctors appointments, kid school meetings, or just need a 3 day weekends after the STRESS of being on a death penalty trial. Why should the jurors suddenly be in a hurry or change their schedule which has been in tact for 5 months? Because the MEDIA wants a quick verdict? The reporters in this case have lost their perspective. They should admire a dedicated jury, instead of bashing them. They have had the case for ONE DAY!!! JMO

Please excuse confuse. My nick since Natalie wk. 2. I have an avatar someplace, I'll look, pardon me.

Hello Hat,

That's ok. I think its neat there are 2 of us. LOL :)

It is amazing isnt it why she didnt choose to use that type of defense from the very beginning.

The only thing I can guess is she couldnt bring herself to do it because she truly has no remorse, she isnt sorry she killed him, and she doesnt want to admit to herself she used jealous rage as her motive.

So does this show us something really interesting about her. That she is so narccistic, that she can never admit her shortcomings like having jealousy. Even to the point of maybe getting the DP over it, she can never admit she was jealous.

Yes I agree. I also think she would need to take full responsibility for the murder and she wouldn't/couldn't do it. Death penalty over admitting it was HER fault.

I think this case would naturally and normally end up with a life sentence. I think there was absolutely a way to present the mitigation phase so that a life sentence would have been the result. But I think the pedo lie, the child *advertiser censored* lie, the suggestions that even adult *advertiser censored* and sex in general are deviant and disgusting, the rude and insanely biased experts, the failure to present any explanation whatsoever for the murder consistent with premeditation (which the jury was told to accept as true), and Jodi's utter inability to express any remorse whatsoever now make death the more likely result.

Agree.

And would love to have input by BritsKate...but I'm thinking if she does get the DP, she will say that she is accepting of it and that is what she wanted. Her way of defining HER CONTROL still to the END. Of course, she will say that she is sorry that her family and others are affected as she did before.

Jury had the CHOICE to be there tomorrow and they chose NOT TO according to Jeff Gold.

The judge said "If you'd like to work on Friday...YOU CAN".

They did not

But they have had Fridays off for months now. Many probably work tomorrow and take/pick up their kids from school tomorrow. Why should they change the schedule now? This trial has been dragging along, and they were often treated horribly, imo. Sometimes brought to court to hear an hour of testimony in an entire day. I don't think they owe the court anything other than their full attention and desire to get this job done. And Monday will do just fine as far as I can see. JMO :cow:

Did you draw and create that .gif?

No I didn't, I linked it. That is all I saw Jodi doing in my mind during the trial by tweets. Except, what she was dressed in & the moments this week where she maybe cried, reacted.

I edited my post to reflect that it wasn't my drawing/gif.

Real Truth ‏@hardtruth4real 4m4 minutes ago
@kinseyschofield Was the laugher from those #jodiarias jurors in front of the family?

KINSEY SCHOFIELD ‏@kinseyschofield 3m3 minutes ago
@hardtruth4real NO, around a corner

bbm

Just catching up after I went to bed.

I am so glad it wasn't in front of them. That's what really pizzed me off last night when I read that.

I'm going to try and stay away for at least the rest of the day,need a break.

Someone please PM if something miraculously happens lol

I am thrilled we have a jury and they have the case. It is finally in their hands. I am just fine with whatever result comes and when it comes. Its taken so much to get here. I take the lunch as a very positive sign. They are bonded and working together. Fanastic
No matter what JA is done..... its already jodi who for many. She got upstaged by llamas today. How great!
I wish the jury strenght and wisdom. I will never listen pay attention to inmate or DT again. Court was the only place they mattered.
It will be a bit before i immerse in another trial. This one was brutal. Thank you to all the tweeters legal opinions media prespectives
opinions and comments. It was very much appreciated.

http://t.co/tMOsMYNiGs

"One juror felt his knees shaking as he sat down to decide if an Ahwatukee Foothills woman should live or die.

Another says she spent the evening before the death penalty deliberations eating saltines and vomiting."

"Including the jury in the Ahwatukee case, the trial of Wendi Andriano, Valley juries have voted the death penalty for 14 of 18 defendants since Aug. 1, 2002"

Paul Sander's candid thoughts about the trial of #JodiArias . He attends trial every day. He is a former juror.

The jury liked, trusted and respected Juan Martinez and Dr. DeMarte.
Juan Martinez absolutely destroyed the defense experts.
The jury gets it that Chris and Sky were manipulated and only knew Jodi 4 months at time of emails. Dr. DeMarte interviewed Sky and let the jury know how extremely those feelings changed over time to the point they warned Travis she was dangerous.
Jodi Arias has NO mitigating factors.
The jury is going to vote for death.

http://www.truecrimeradio.com/radio-archives/paul-sanders-radio-archive-feb-2015/

Agree.

And would love to have input by BritsKate...but I'm thinking if she does get the DP, she will say that she is accepting of it and that is what she wanted. Her way of defining HER CONTROL still to the END. Of course, she will say that she is sorry that her family and others are affected as she did before.
Careful what you wish for. :biggrin: Long post ahead...

Your guess is really as good as mine. For all my knowledge of psychopathy and malignant narcissism, I never could have predicted her not allocuting. That leaves me a little wary trying to predict how she'll receive either sentence.

I have to start by saying that no matter the sentence rendered, I absolutely believe Jodi is convinced beyond a shadow of doubt that she will not die in prison. I think she believes her appeal will ultimately be successful and her conviction overturned. I'm not blaming anyone for it but the way this whole trial was handled directly fed into Jodi's sense of entitlement - everything from media interviews to being allowed such secrecy. Her not even attempting to allocute is a scary sign for me that her narcissism has reached never before seen territory.

I don't believe Jodi really wants death - I think that was just her spin at the time to make herself appear innocent, mentally ill, and having a low self-esteem. She'll hate the tighter restrictions and control but in a way, sentencing her to death will give her a platform for her victimhood. She'll use it to manipulate others and she'll have access to people she normally wouldn't to fight her cause - not because they think she's deserving but simply because of an anti-DP stance - though she won't see that's the reason they're fighting for her. It will further feed her narcissism. She isn't going to roll over and accept death, I don't think. To do that, she would have to admit she isn't as special as she believes she is. I believe she'll fight tooth and nail to save her life but she will probably use her family as the reason for it. Jodi likes being a martyr. She likes people believing she had no choice but to kill Travis. She'll revel in people thinking it's wrong to put her to death for her actions. In her mind, it bolsters her delusion that she was justified. Jodi doesn't like appearing selfish or self-serving (irony of all ironies) so I don't think she'll be honest that SHE wants to save HER life. KWIM? She may spin it as if it were up to her she may accept her fate - but she has a little sister to consider. Or what will the inmates do if she can't teach them Spanish? ;)

One of the key reasons I don't believe she'll accept death is her threats to commit suicide. It's one of the cornerstones of a borderline diagnosis (and I believe a big part of DeMarte's thought process) but I have a history with such threats being used as a weapon so I see it from that angle. Where's the history of Jodi being hospitalized? Did she ever cut her wrists deeply enough to warrant medical attention? Did she ever OD and have to have her stomach pumped? Were police called when she scaled the top of a bridge? Scars evident from self-harming? Self-harm 'kit' at the ready? Wearing inappropriate clothing for summer just to hide her wounds (apart from when she murdered Travis)?

Instead we have her telling many people (and her journal) that she wanted to commit suicide but never actually making real moves to do so or stopping after a nick from a razor hurt. Most self-harmers will tell you the physical pain is welcome because it alleviates a deeper emotional pain. Of course, not all borderlines self-harm and not all self-harmers are borderline. Because of all of that history though, her appearing to want to die is pure emotional blackmail in my opinion. It's been used as a weapon against others to control how they respond and react to her.

I just can't stay away. Glutton for punishment.
Gonna go see if I can listen to Paul s on tricias show then hibernate for a while with house of cards season 3

Nah...llamas are too cute!

I refuse to let the killer ruin anything for me.

I will have Tootsie Pops whenver I want to. And Cinnabons. And Starbucks Frappes.

The retrial was a dirty ugly extended horror show. JM was magnificent. JA's strategy of destroying Travis' reputation and exacting revenge on each and every person who dared to love Travis backfired and left her with no mitigation. The DT sank to her level. The jury asked great questions. I'm optimistic she'll get the DP.

And..hi!! Folks were asking about you earlier and hoping you would stop by. :)

Great synopsis! Hi everybody! I've been in trial myself all week. Brutal. But I've been keepinguo via the news. I just want true justice in this case.

Let us honor Travis Alexander by doing something he would have been proud of. Here are some of his dearest friends. Travis Alexander's legacy is stronger than death.

http://www.travisalexanderjustice.com/friends

images (1).jpgCNN photo of day of honoring Travis on his birthday, many all over the US did community volunteering. In this way, Travis lives on in all of us. Forever.

Pick up your phone and call that sibling you haven't spoken to or friend you lost touch with. Next time you see a homeless person think of Travis and how he rose up out of the darkness, with the help of one sweet beautiful loving Grandmother. That homeless person is in their darkness, now. Maybe just a warm sincere smile is all you have to offer. GIVE THAT.

This trial , as many things in life, began and ended. What matters is what remains.

What lives on is a memory of a beautiful soul that inspired the world. http://youtu.be/HPfG728ymxc

Just finished listening to dear Tricia's interview with Paul Sanders. Very informative. Sanders said that the juror replacement issue was a trivial one and that the same thing happened in the Marissa Devault trial as well. No big deal.

A three day weekend is a little annoying but I say let the jurors relax, ponder, contemplate, prepare and pray for strength in order to vote for death on Monday. I still believe that they will come back with a verdict of death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon