VERDICT WATCH - Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Retrial Day 43, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the bet that if and when the jury comes back to say they're hopelessly deadlocked, that JSS will take a week long recess to decide whether she should give JA LWOP or LWP?

That sounds about right...........but only after she confers with Nurmi and Wilmott on what the right decision would be.....in a secret (week long) sidebar.

I would add, followed by the way she callously covered up afterwards, including calling his home leaving messages, after coming out of the "fog," sending a letter and flowers to grandma, and as her mother said acting as if nothing happened.

ITA. It's not that she just killed him 3 times over. It's the cruel things she did after the murder and the games she played and the way she is lying and torturing his family and everyone else with her disgusting defense. She is a sneaky, mean, conniving woman and she deserves the DP 3 times over!!!! If she doesn't deserve it, no one does.

Scarlett, I don't support it either. We had one hold out on my brother's and SIL's murderer, and that's all that kept him from getting the DP. We prayed for that verdict, and he did murder two people. But I respect those that do believe in it, and would never hold that against anyone. My hubby is a DP supporter and I support his belief. He has a right to it. :)

Josie are you being good, or do I need a depends? :floorlaugh:

Yep! There's got to be more than two chairs there. I would just fill up the rest of the chairs, even if it meant the murderers family would be surrounded by Travis' family. It's just a game to the murderer's family.

It's petty and it's sadistic.

No, Because I could have voted for the DP if they proved it all to me that it was warranted. I just don't think it is in this case. I would have been open to it. Like I said, I only changed my mind about it in the last few days.

I respect your opinion. To me I would vote for death. Mainly on driving 1,000 miles etc.
and the conduct since she's been in jail. She sorta did kill two. She killed Travis then she set on another premeditated mission to kill his reputation by the ridiculous abusive pedophile allegations.

It will be interesting to hear the speech JSS gives Jodi when she is sentenced. Will she give her a piece of her mind or treat her with kid gloves?

Kid gloves all the way I bet, and a few kind smiles thrown in .. I hope she mentions the lying and manipulations though, not that it'll do any good, but I'd enjoy seeing Jodi confronted with it.

This is the reason people can't stand them and don't feel one ounce of pity for them. They deserve all the criticism they get and then some!

I agree, the apple didn't fall far from the tree. Just got back from hospital visit and missed most of the drama. But I am not surprised. I figured we had a stealth juror all along. kN talked to them the whole time, hoping they could convince others of their opinion. I can't wait to hear what these jurors have to say after. Probable be like the last time. Only the real jurors will talk the stealth ones will hide as they should. Please don't jump on me for saying anything bad about these jurors, I have a right to my opinion too.

I know you aren't.. :) I don't mind talking about it. I have a pretty tough skin. I wish prisons were all about work and hard time. I wish they were breaking rocks and cleaning floors with toothbrushes 12 hrs a day.

When I was a little girl back in the 50's, there were still chain gangs. Yep. Bring them back. Bet Sheriff Joe's up for it.

The PI hinted that if all player are in courthouse 1 hour notice may NOT apply and verdict could be read right away according to FOX

I could never be death qualified for a jury because I struggle with the death penalty overall. I understand Travis' family wanting it in this case. He was brutally murdered seven years ago and his character has been attacked again and again during the trials. My heart goes out to them and I hope that somehow, somewhere they are given the tools to heal and comfort one another until they see Travis again. They have been nothing but dedicated siblings standing up repeatedly for justice for their beloved brother. Their love and their strength of character has been evident all along the way and I wish them any measure of peace possible.

I wish that there was a true life sentence where the murderers lived their days in the same cell, hour after hour, day after day, month after month, year after year, decade after decade with no interaction with the outside or anyone other than a guard. The only end to this life sentence would be their natural death. That to me would be the ultimate punishment.

All I can say is, if this jury deadlocks and hangs first thing someone in their lives should show them is this vile, remorseless murderers POST CONVICTION interview where SHE HERSELF states she has ZERO mitigators. Let this jury hear how they were played when the killer says to the camera " and in my family there was no sexual or physical abuse or drug addiction or alcoholism, things like that. My defense jokes that my mom didn't beat me enough " ( snicker snicker). Let this jury get a look at THAT video ad they reflect on their lack of commitment to Travis. Bet they will have a hard time thinking of him and his family after they realize they screwed up.

That sounds about right...........but only after she confers with Nurmi and Wilmott on what the right decision would be.....in a secret (week long) sidebar.

Someone on Twitter just said it's a two month delay for sentencing .. I hope to god they're wrong.

I respect your opinion. To me I would vote for death. Mainly on driving 1,000 miles etc.
and the conduct since she's been in jail. She sorta did kill two. She killed Travis then she set on another premeditated mission to kill his reputation by the ridiculous abusive pedophile allegations.

She has killed him over, and over. :(

It's petty and it's sadistic.

It's par for the course with them. They have not handled themselves well with Jodi's victim family. I think if they would put themselves in their shoes for even just a moment they might behave differently.

How can the judicial system handle stealth jurors? Maybe they need a court appointed attorney in the room during deliberation...non partisan of course

I don't believe there is a thing we can do about it. OUR whole system is based on being honest with opinions and having the chance to say so. IF someone lies (to make a point, etc) ... we (society) are stuck with it. Sad. :(

Right...

Same Bat time, same Bat channel.

Actually, JSKS might super secret seal it to read next week.
I'm just repeating what I understood JSS to have said. That if a verdict comes in late in the afternoon, it would not be read until the next day due to the logistics of gathering all the relevant parties and the fact that the court has a hard close time of 5pm. I'm not trying to be controversial, just accurate.

But, before we know or the it's announced in court, they need to tell MDLR so she can give it to Kiefer and Troy.

I just want to hear "Verdict In" tonight, even if they do not read it until tomorrow.

YES. That's another reason I would vote DP for her too. Because she isn't just going to go quietly away. She won't ever stop trashing TA and in a sense killing him all over again. Horrible, despicable person.

I do respect everyone's opinion though. I'm usually the one against DP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen