Verdict Watch Thread Saturday July 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox News showing attorneys at bench with judge - Question from jurors:

They want clarifications on instructions for Manslaughter

Wow. Asking for clarification on manslaughter...sounds like they're getting close to a decision...

I noticed that MOM squeezed in during closing that TM was a defensive player in football. Based on his size, it's my opinion that he was a defensive back (safety or corner) - These are the players that are trained tackling techniques. IMO, 17 year old football players that smoke pot usually don't fear much...I pay attention to football recruiting and have seen plenty of these young men that ruin their careers and lives by choosing thuggery over a college education and possible career in the NFL. JMO

Trayvon last played football when he was 14 years old. You know, when he looked like he did in the pictures so many people complained about because he looked so young and innocent.

Manslaughter based on what? Thank God for the appeals process IMO

I need a good amount of comfort food this week. With this verdict and the Arias trial hearing coming up I might go bonkers!
I hate verdict watch...already been thru peanuts, pretzels, a banana...and I'm eyeing the popcorn!!!

If they are asking for clarification of manslaughter- could that include the time of the manslaughter sentence that they would be asking about, I wonder?

What is wrong with that combo? Lots of people think I am strange because I love fried liver and onions and bacon. Luby's Cafeteria makes the best!

Can we please let this go? I don't think anyone is unclear that this is the kind of thing we've been asked to avoid bringing here.:seeya:

I'm encouraged by the length of deliberations so far. IMO if they were going to hang GZ out to dry for political expedience, I think they would have done it by now. Fingers crossed for an acquittal!

You would't think that it would take 12 hours for a jury to find reasonable doubt in this case. Even considering the Tom Foolery shenanigans used by the prosecution team; <mod snip>.. imo..

Guess with the new advancements in medical technology. Justice is no longer blind, huh? Florida; the sunshine state's Justice system should hang their heads in shame, imo..

Trayvon last played football when he was 14 years old. You know, when he looked like he did in the pictures so many people complained about because he looked so young and innocent.
According to NG, he was a running back. Not that that matters, IMO.

Why do you say that? Specifics?

I think he has done a good job especially by counteracting the prosecution's meaningless drama.

IMO.

I don't know why that poster said it, but I think he was the wrong person for the job, as well. Without going into all of the details, he's not exactly 100% supportive of his clients' position in all regards. That said, he did a fine job, imo. However, he also had the strongest defense case I've ever seen with only emotion and agenda on the other side. jmo

OMG ...

Jury wants ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS ON MANSLAUGHTER !

Whoa ...

Thoughts ?

IMO ... MOO ... JMO !

The only thing this means to me is the jurors have decided that GZ is not guilty of Murder2...Now they want clarification on what has to be proved by the state in order to consider manslaughter. ETA: JMO

In all honesty, I think the manslaughter charge is the toughest one to understand by non-legal folks.

If they are asking for clarification of manslaughter- could that include the time of the manslaughter sentence that they would be asking about, I wonder?

they arent allowed to know the sentencing times.

I think that one or two jurors are holding out for not guilty and the others are trying to get them to vote for manslaughter. That's why they asked for some help via this question to get the holdouts to change their mind. MOO.

Yes, MOM conveniently left that part out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname