**Verdict watch weekend discussion thread** 3/3-4/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's kind of the point, yes? Maybe he couldn't, but it's possible that he could - simple as that.

But until today people have acted like it was the gospel that he could wear the shoes... Now we all know its possible he may not have.. Simple as that ;-) Really none of us know.... You say he could I say he couldnt.... What does the jury think?? Or do they even think about the size 10.. I know I would really be thinking why didnt they expound on the shoes..

Fran, you posted this in the other "hook" thread, and I didn't want to muck it up with questions/arguments. I missed the testimony about something missing from the table. Who testified to this? And how does he/she know something large was missing without knowing what it was?

IIRC, it was Meredith who testified to that. She was the one who did a walk through of the house afterwards, since JLY refused.

IIRC, it was Meredith who testified to that. She was the one who did a walk through of the house afterwards, since JLY refused.

Thank you! Do you know the answer to the 2nd half? I assume some sort of dust splotch or something?

Even the CA case at first I didn't think she was guilty... go figure that! I was in the Orlando airport when the story hit, and I felt so bad for this young mother that her baby was missing. Fast forward, and of course my opinion changed dramatically. I try not to jump to a G or NG until I start hearing the evidence, and IMO both the CA case and the JY case have overwhelming CE. Both cases the accused were the only ones with Means, Motive & Opportunity in my eyes. Moo....

Really?? WOW!! Yea she was definitely guilty.... I agree with the CE , but theres just something about the JY case that makes me think NG... I cant explain it...

Wolfpack,
It was MF in the first trial - I think !! I don't recall saying it this time.

Thank you! Do you know the answer to the 2nd half? I assume some sort of dust splotch or something?

IIRC correctly Meredith said that there was a table in that hallway and that something had been on that table, she just couldn't remember what exactly it was. She just knew something had been on that table, and now it wasn't.

I don't know why she said something was missing. I don't think anyone testified as to why.

Just for the sake of putting yourselves in someone else's shoes (bad analogy in this trial), for those that are on the NG side, what do you think are the State's 3 strongest pieces of evidence for GUILT, and for those on the G side, what do you think are the Defense's 3 strongest pieces of evidence for NOT GUILTY. Everyone has pointed out the one's that they think support their position.

My vote is for GUILTY, but the 3 pieces that I think are the strongest for the Defense are:

-2 witnesses that saw a SUV near the driveway of home b/w 5 and 6am.
-Gracie's testimony being questionable
-clean NTO

Anyone else willing to play? I think this will give an interesting perspective and may help this group be less divided and snarky ;o)

Not that I think hes guilty..Because really none make him guilty. But I say--

The HP shoes
Ex g/f
Affairs

But until today people have acted like it was the gospel that he could wear the shoes... Now we all know its possible he may not have.. Simple as that ;-) Really none of us know.... You say he could I say he couldnt.... What does the jury think?? Or do they even think about the size 10.. I know I would really be thinking why didnt they expound on the shoes..
Well, I respectfully disagree. People have acted like it was possible that Jason wore the size 10s, and it is.

To be frank, at the end of the day, I don't care a whit about the size 10s; maybe Jason wore them, maybe he didn't, maybe he had help at the scene, but he was there, because the HP shoe prints put him at the scene. All the explanations I've heard of this, especially Klink's closing regarding the HP print, stretched my credulity and insulted my intelligence.

While Klink was closing, I was thinking he must be hoping some of the jurors are complete dolts.

IMO

CGW, I think this is a great exercise (listing the other side's points). If the jury gets deadlocked, I wish someone would think of this, to get the conversation moving.

I wonder if the FBI footwear guy could tell if it was a brand new Franklin that made the print, or one that had some wear.

Fran, you posted this in the other "hook" thread, and I didn't want to muck it up with questions/arguments. I missed the testimony about something missing from the table. Who testified to this? And how does he/she know something large was missing without knowing what it was?

I see others have answered, Wolfpack. But yes, Meredith testified there was 'something large missing from a table.' She didn't know WHAT it was, just that it was big.

So to me, IF JY had walked through the house to LOOK for things missing, he would have been able to give that answer, as to what was missing. But he didn't. He wouldn't even let LE talk TO him or AT him. He wouldn't face them.

Then, during the trial, NOT one word from the defense about an item that could have been missing as Meredith testified to. `

To me, the missing LARGE item and the defense ignoring it, shined a light in my subconscience as to WHY would they ignore that?

Why wouldn't at least JY's mom say what it was. It COULD have been exculpatory evidence for JY, proving a robbery and SODDI.

or, it was the elephant in the room, ie the MURDER weapon. IF it's found, the defendant doesn't want anyone to recognize it as such. Then there would be dna and such taken off it if someone found it and, well, it COULD prove who killed MY and Rylan. :(

JMHO
fran

CGW, I think this is a great exercise (listing the other side's points). If the jury gets deadlocked, I wish someone would think of this, to get the conversation moving.

That was my thought exactly. This has to be done to come to some agreement if possible. Thanks to all of the NG folks for posting! Time for some of the G folks to do the same! I found it very interesting the 3 pieces of evidence the NG folks listed. It's good to see where the other side may think there are weak points and may lead to some good discussion and possible compromising (in that jury room and maybe here).

Just for the sake of putting yourselves in someone else's shoes (bad analogy in this trial), for those that are on the NG side, what do you think are the State's 3 strongest pieces of evidence for GUILT, and for those on the G side, what do you think are the Defense's 3 strongest pieces of evidence for NOT GUILTY. Everyone has pointed out the one's that they think support their position.

My vote is for GUILTY, but the 3 pieces that I think are the strongest for the Defense are:

-clean NTO

Anyone else willing to play? I think this will give an interesting perspective and may help this group be less divided and snarky ;o)

I've wracked my brain, but everything I can think of points to JLY. :( Starting with the camera's at the HI. The propping of doors, both interior and exterior. There is so much motive, beginning with the huge amount of life insurance on Michelle's head. At the crime scene, little CY, the medicine dropper with adult strength medicine in it. And JLY's never asking 'how could michelle be dead? What happened to her, I was just home last night and she was fine??? To refusing to assist the police in any way to find the brutal killer of his wife and unborn child. It's not for lack of trying, I simply can't think of anything but coincidence upon coincidence, adding up. As someone else said, 'how unlucky could one guy be on that one night?'

-clean NTO

It is hard for me to play this game because I am so convinced beyond any reasonable doubt that JY is guilty but here goes my 3,
1. The size 10 Franklins
2. CY identifying Mommy doll but not Daddy doll
3.A tight timeline

-clean NTO

Guilty 1st degree

-Total unwavering Silence
-HP
-Trip to Raleigh and back is totally feasible

That was my thought exactly. This has to be done to come to some agreement if possible. Thanks to all of the NG folks for posting! Time for some of the G folks to do the same! I found it very interesting the 3 pieces of evidence the NG folks listed. It's good to see where the other side may think there are weak points and may lead to some good discussion and possible compromising (in that jury room and maybe here).

I'm trying!!! These aren't necessarily what I would have reasonable doubt about, but the jury may...

The 10 Franklins (I think they were a clever scene stager, and as a woman with multiple sizes would throw those out as what i think they are - staged)

CY not identifying the daddy doll (but then again, if he was masked how would she know)

Not claiming the insurance (i believe he was biding his time, after all he told his sister in emails that every investigation has a set time frame and this would just blow over... he wasn't broke, so he wasn't desperate to cash in MOO)

I've tried.... I just can't explain away their "evidence". Now if they had him on a tape at the HI at 2 a.m. or 4 a.m., that would be different... but he never was seen on camera after midnight...weird!

I'll give you G people some fodder for your lists: no blood transfer, no fiber transfer, no blood in drains at house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox