Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be extremely odd.

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

I agree. They have the right man. The only question is whether they have enough evidence against him. And what I have been reading on here are the opinions of the glass-half-full folks and the opinions of the glass-half-empty folks. I would say that I'm cautiously optimistic that the charge will stick.

I agree. They have the right man. The only question is whether they have enough evidence against him. And what I have been reading on here are the opinions of the glass-half-full folks and the opinions of the glass-half-empty folks. I would say that I'm cautiously optimistic that the charge will stick.

As I've said before, if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, has a neck tattoo of a duck...

Well, they convinced a judge not to let him out under any conditions...that seems like a good sign to me.

I believe that was just speculation by WSers.

Actually I thought there was an article now that I think of it that stated FBI became involved because of "family ties". I think that's how it was worded. I'll look for it. It should be in one of these threads. I remember everyone saying "What does that Mean?".
Found this...
The FBI is involved - we're told - because of family connections. Investigators haven't said if they saw anything on surveillance cameras in the parking lot where her car was found. They confirmed Thursday that are still under assumption that she is still in Virginia.
http://www.nbc29.com/story/23087552/thursday-developments-in-search-for-alexis-murphy

Actually I thought there was an article now that I think of it that stated FBI became involved because of "family ties". I think that's how it was worded. I'll look for it. It should be in one of these threads. I remember everyone saying "What does that Mean?".
Found this...

http://www.nbc29.com/story/23087552/thursday-developments-in-search-for-alexis-murphy

Thanks for hunting that report down, Heroine...

I had started thinking I had dreamed it!

That piece of information is so puzzling to me...:waitasec:

JMO

Thanks for hunting that report down, Heroine...

I had started thinking I had dreamed it!

That piece of information is so puzzling to me...:waitasec:

JMO

Yeah I still don't understand what that means. I'll be honest, I haven't really looked into the familial DNA thing so I don't really have a clue as to what that even means. I guess I should hunt that down next.

One oddity in this case: RAT's last name is the same as quite a few of AM's aunts and uncles on her mother's side. Uncle "T"ony. One family member, who spoke to media, was 1st referred to as aunt T Taylor. But by August 16 she was going by, great aunt T Murphy.

Got to wonder...

Then you have the "friend of the family" who reported the location of the car which was left within "20-30 yards" of Alexis' paternal grandma and uncles "house."

So, for whatever "family connection" or "sensitive" matter there may be, LE is trying to keep a lid on the leaks.

I know sex slavery is off topic but it has been brought up in this case so I figured I'd share this with you.
http://www.wric.com/story/23241629/3-ny-residents-charged-in-va-sex-slave-case

I'm only posting this because it's kind of shocking to me considering I haven't heard too much about sex slavery lately. I know this isn't related to the case, but I figured you'd all be interested to know, as I was, that it's still going on obviously even in VA.

Yeah I still don't understand what that means. I'll be honest, I haven't really looked into the familial DNA thing so I don't really have a clue as to what that even means. I guess I should hunt that down next.

I think youre reading too much into that article. I just read it and to me it sounds like the family has a connection to the FBI....as in a family member works for the FBI (and probably holds a position of authority there).....hence the involvement in a local case that would normally be handled by local police who can get really touchy about jurisdictions.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/23087552/...-alexis-murphy

I see someone posted pics of the search in the past couple of days. Just wondering if anyone has searched near the abandoned soapstone quarries in Nelson county? There are also a few on the way to Charlottesville. Im told they are mostly filled with water and very deep. If RAT spent a lot of time outside and in the area he probably knew about them. Aberdene Soapstone Company would probably have a lot more information.

I just can't imagine the anguish Alexis's parents must be going through. Not knowing where to start looking, having to keep whatever LE tells you to yourself, if LE is even telling them anything, and just sitting...waiting... and waiting... I can't imagine! Heck within a few hours of not knowing where my dog was, we were out looking, notifying vets offices, checking with neighbors, etc. Every hour that we weren't looking, I was frantic to know where she was! She was found within 3 days. I can't imagine 3 weeks of my DAUGHTER being gone!!! I just can't!!!

Even never knowing Alexis, I want to get out and help look for her! I want to do something!!

The silence is deafening!

I know sex slavery is off topic but it has been brought up in this case so I figured I'd share this with you.
http://www.wric.com/story/23241629/3-ny-residents-charged-in-va-sex-slave-case

I'm only posting this because it's kind of shocking to me considering I haven't heard too much about sex slavery lately. I know this isn't related to the case, but I figured you'd all be interested to know, as I was, that it's still going on obviously even in VA.

Less than a month ago, Heroine;

Largest sex-trafficking bust in U.S. history nets 70 N.J. arrests

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/20...ackdown_in_us_history_nets_70_nj_arrests.html

One oddity in this case: RAT's last name is the same as quite a few of AM's aunts and uncles on her mother's side. Uncle "T"ony. One family member, who spoke to media, was 1st referred to as aunt T Taylor. But by August 16 she was going by, great aunt T Murphy.

Got to wonder...

Then you have the "friend of the family" who reported the location of the car which was left within "20-30 yards" of Alexis' paternal grandma and uncles "house."

So, for whatever "family connection" or "sensitive" matter there may be, LE is trying to keep a lid on the leaks.

I haven't seen Trina referred to as Trina Taylor (have always seen her referred to as Trina Murphy) but you may be right.

There is an Aunt Angela Taylor who has given interviews to the media with the disclaimer she is no relation to Randy Taylor.

:phone:By chance was the tip called in re: Alexis as well? Maybe it's been misplaced again? Maybe different investigators?

2Hope4, I've been researching missing/murdered persons investigations for 5+ years. Seldom is the ball 'not dropped' in a missing/murdered person investigation. Perceived hypothesis, jurisdictional linkage blindness, overlooking pertinent tips/communication, and the refusal to utilize all available investigative resources are the primary reasons for mounting cold cases, imo.

The recent successful/miraculous rescue of 16 year old Hannah Anderson, was due to the San Diego Sheriff's Department's very proactive and professional investigative strategy combined with their excellent media management skills..

One of the highest profile abductions in history was the abduction of Adam Walsh. Adam Walsh's case went cold for 3 decades due to perceived hypothesis and the incompetence by untrained investigators.. After a series of blunders, photos of serial killer Otis Toole's vehicle were taken after luminol tests were conducted. The film set undeveloped at the FDLE crime lab for 3 decades. Once the film was developed by retired Homicide Detective Lt Joe Matthews(hired by John Walsh). Adam's face appeared on the rear floorboard of Toole's car.

Bringing Adam Home is a gripping and greatly detailed account of what it took to bring closure to a horrific crime that should not have taken decades to solve!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfjRi_iLlGk"]BRINGING ADAM HOME by Les Standiford and Joe Matthews - YouTube[/ame]
BRINGING ADAM HOME by Les Standiford and Joe Matthews

I haven't seen Trina referred to as Trina Taylor (have always seen her referred to as Trina Murphy) but you may be right.

There is an Aunt Angela Taylor who has given interviews to the media with the disclaimer she is no relation to Randy Taylor.

http://www.nbc12.com/story/23111299/fbi-no-sign-of-alexis-murphy-despite-suspect-arrest

"Alexis's family says the arrest is a bittersweet development in her abduction.

"Exciting. Obviously, very bittersweet to know that they have a suspect, but Alexis isn't home yet. But a jolt of energy, hope and faith," said Angela Taylor, Alexis's aunt.

"It's been determined that she really was abducted, and we have a suspect and they're in custody, that's major," said another aunt, Trina Taylor."

https://www.google.com/search?q="tr...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

http://www.nbc12.com/story/23111299/fbi-no-sign-of-alexis-murphy-despite-suspect-arrest

"Alexis's family says the arrest is a bittersweet development in her abduction.

"Exciting. Obviously, very bittersweet to know that they have a suspect, but Alexis isn't home yet. But a jolt of energy, hope and faith," said Angela Taylor, Alexis's aunt.

"It's been determined that she really was abducted, and we have a suspect and they're in custody, that's major," said another aunt, Trina Taylor."

This could be correct or it could be a reporter's confusion with names (happens all the time with facts in articles). If Trina is a Taylor she may have gone back to the Murphy name to keep that name forefront in the news since she appears to be the family's main spokesperson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
copella