Victim: Amber Lynn Costello, 27, missing Sept 2010, found Gilgo Beach Dec 2010 *Rex Heuermann charged*

Did you see the interview with DS. He looked genuinely upset. Its like you said. He was doing good until Kim, Amber, and her boyfriend came along. Read Precious Dust post. Seems like he was onto something. Someone he referenced or an acquantance of his.

Did you see the interview with DS. He looked genuinely upset. Its like you said. He was doing good until Kim, Amber, and her boyfriend came along. Read Precious Dust post. Seems like he was onto something. Someone he referenced or an acquantance of his.

Just thinking of every possibly. This case frustrates me so much! Especially because this day in age you'd think this person would've slipped up somewhere with multiple victims.

I couldn't find DS interview when I clicked on the first video but I have seen it before. He did seem genuinely upset.

Where can I find the precious dust post? I didn't see a link when it was being discussed earlier on in the comments.

Has anyone here reached out to DS on Facebook before? I would love to ask him some questions seeing that my POI lived in the same town as him at the time of Ambers Dissappearance. My poi has aliases that he commonly uses. I'm wondering if the John may have given any aliases. I read somewhere (don't remember where) but somewhere it said that one of LISK's burner phones was registered to someone using the name Mickey Mouse. When I read that I got a flashback and my poi would use Mickey Mouse as a joke sometimes. I wonder is DS has more info than we know.

Just thinking of every possibly. This case frustrates me so much! Especially because this day in age you'd think this person would've slipped up somewhere with multiple victims.

I couldn't find DS interview when I clicked on the first video but I have seen it before. He did seem genuinely upset.

Where can I find the precious dust post? I didn't see a link when it was being discussed earlier on in the comments.

Has anyone here reached out to DS on Facebook before? I would love to ask him some questions seeing that my POI lived in the same town as him at the time of Ambers Dissappearance. My poi has aliases that he commonly uses. I'm wondering if the John may have given any aliases. I read somewhere (don't remember where) but somewhere it said that one of LISK's burner phones was registered to someone using the name Mickey Mouse. When I read that I got a flashback and my poi would use Mickey Mouse as a joke sometimes. I wonder is DS has more info than we know.
To Kill a Mocking bird was in touch with DS.

This case frustrates me so much! Especially because this day in age you'd think this person would've slipped up somewhere with multiple victims.

My thought is LISK is forensically attuned. He's been careful so far....and it argues for concentrating on the G4 as Oak Beach was anything but controlled and careful.

I remember Amber was linked to the same motel as Megan but I can't recall the source. Can anybody help? TIA!

It's relevant because DS portrayed himself as her protector and insinuated that it was rare for her to do an outcall and that she did the LISK call for the money...I don't think he's LISK but I don't think he's been truthful.

The claim was I think by Dave...Amber had been asked bya john to do a date at that hotel the holiday inn but she didnt. he speculated it was the same guy whos he went with the last time he saw her

My thought is LISK is forensically attuned. He's been careful so far....and it argues for concentrating on the G4 as Oak Beach was anything but controlled and careful.

I agree. Maybe even specifically the last two since they were only a few short months apart. Both in LI both at night and both likely from an internet ad.

I remember Amber was linked to the same motel as Megan but I can't recall the source. Can anybody help? TIA!

It's relevant because DS portrayed himself as her protector and insinuated that it was rare for her to do an outcall and that she did the LISK call for the money...I don't think he's LISK but I don't think he's been truthful.

Going back to the lost girls book where DS was painted to be this big lovable teddy bear who got sucked into this this dark world, it's seemed like being protective was his nature. Then again, that's all based on his words. What makes you feel he isn't being truthful?

Either way I do remember that about Amber going to that same hotel. I don't think it's because they're related, I think it's more due to the ease of finding the hotel. It's visible from the expressway which is one of the main highways Long Island has. The rates at that specific one may have been cheaper too. I'm not really sure.

The killer was forensically attuned. And yet made several calls to Amanda. It doesnt make sense. Was he drinking when he called? Is that why he was careless? He called John Terry too. Hes a pimp. Did the caller believe he would not report the calls for that reason?

The killer was forensically attuned. And yet made several calls to Amanda. It doesnt make sense. Was he drinking when he called? Is that why he was careless? He called John Terry too. Hes a pimp. Did the caller believe he would not report the calls for that reason?

That raises an interesting point. LISK is also sadistic. Controlling and sadistic. The phone calls to Amanda are the acts of a sadist. (My/our thoughts are that he didn't kill Melissa right away.)

Calling is not careless in and of itself. Well, a measured risk if you will. He kept them short enough to impede tracking. And I believe he'd have gotten his jollies if Amanda went public with the content of his calls.

I hope it's not believed we think LISK is a criminal mastermind - most of these guys aren't rocket scientists. But he is careful and measured as far as SKs go. He is not what is called a disorganized killer.

One of the more interesting parts of the case is why the police have apparently asked Amanda to not get into the details of the calls. Or for that matter release to the public a snippet of his calls if any were recorded. I don't pretend to have an answer there.

Going back to the lost girls book where DS was painted to be this big lovable teddy bear who got sucked into this this dark world, it's seemed like being protective was his nature. Then again, that's all based on his words. What makes you feel he isn't being truthful?

Either way I do remember that about Amber going to that same hotel. I don't think it's because they're related, I think it's more due to the ease of finding the hotel. It's visible from the expressway which is one of the main highways Long Island has. The rates at that specific one may have been cheaper too. I'm not really sure.
RBUIBM

Exactly - he portrays himself as being a protector. IMO he was/is a pimp. Letting Amber hook to supply his habit is not being "protective". And if he let her do outcalls...well that makes him - what? Protective? First of all it makes him a liar...and that leads me to believe he may have been more involved in setting up her calls; therefore, he knows more...IMHO
AND, if Megan and Amber both worked out of that hotel - that is a HUGE connection between these two victims and that's important IMO. Tx for the convo Notorious!

That raises an interesting point. LISK is also sadistic. Controlling and sadistic. The phone calls to Amanda are the acts of a sadist. (My/our thoughts are that he didn't kill Melissa right away.)

Calling is not careless in and of itself. Well, a measured risk if you will. He kept them short enough to impede tracking. And I believe he'd have gotten his jollies if Amanda went public with the content of his calls.

I hope it's not believed we think LISK is a criminal mastermind - most of these guys aren't rocket scientists. But he is careful and measured as far as SKs go. He is not what is called a disorganized killer.

One of the more interesting parts of the case is why the police have apparently asked Amanda to not get into the details of the calls. Or for that matter release to the public a snippet of his calls if any were recorded. I don't pretend to have an answer there.

That baffles me too. What have they got to lose by releasing tapes to the public so he might be id'd? This case was originally handled by NYPD. They recorded the calls. I guess they relinquished their investigation and gave it over to SCPD. Too bad. NYPD might have done something with it.

RSBM

Just to add what a nice guy he was - he reported her missing right away! Oh, no he didn't. Nobody did.

He was a little more than just attuned. He was well versed in forensics. Perhaps he's a true crime lover himself. My POI has a collection of books about serial killers. In fact serial killer books are the ONLY type of book he has. Maybe the killer has carefully studied other serial killers in order to prefect his craft. My poi also lived in the same town as ALC, at the time when all girls went missing. The day Amber went missing was quite a significant day in his life. Same for the day MW went missing. Hell I can even place him right near Melissa Barthelemy's apartment, the day she went missing. Anyway whomever it is, he knows what he is doing.

He knew enough to use burner phones and to call from crowded places and not let the calls go on to long. I'd say that's forensically attuned.
He very well may have been drinking when he made those calls or perhaps in drugs. A lot of serial killers have issues with drugs and alcohol. Jeff Dahmer being one of the most famous. He was always drunk when he killed.

He knew enough to use burner phones and to call from crowded places and not let the calls go on to long. I'd say that's forensically attuned.
He very well may have been drinking when he made those calls or perhaps in drugs. A lot of serial killers have issues with drugs and alcohol. Jeff Dahmer being one of the most famous. He was always drunk when he killed.
The killer stayed on the phone for less than 3 minutes. But he put his voice out there on several occasions. Im sure LE has a recording. They can compare it to all the POI's. They dont need Amanda for that. Is that enough to make an arrest? Not if a DA doesnt believe its enough to get a conviction.

The killer stayed on the phone for less than 3 minutes. But he put his voice out there on several occasions. Im sure LE has a recording. They can compare it to all the POI's. They dont need Amanda for that. Is that enough to make an arrest? Not if a DA doesnt believe its enough to get a conviction.

That's true deedee. didn't think of it like that. Ok I'm going with he was drunk, lol and making poor decisions. I forget where I heard this but I know it was in an interview with someone from MB's family or her boyfriend/pimp and they said that the caller sounded drunk at times. I know this because there were dates of the phone calls published somewhere and I checked them against my POI's Facebook page and sure enough he talks about being drunk one of those days.

Anyway, we are getting off topic here but some killers (like son of Sam, the happy face killer, and BTK) like to toy with LE. Apparently LISK likes to toy with family members and law enforcement. Maybe the phone calls are a display of his arrogance, that he thinks he's covered his tracks so good that he can make brazen moves like that.

ETA: if I find links to that interview where they said LISK was drunk during the calls, I will post in the MB thread.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back