Videotaped Interview Of Cindy Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if they are releasing all this, plus what KC had on her computer, does that mean they won't be using any of it at trial?

Good question.

My guess would be that they do not have to release any information that would be used, however they can if they want to.

Any legal eagles?

Good question.

My guess would be that they do not have to release any information that would be used, however they can if they want to.

Any legal eagles?

Well, if it's being released in the same way the recent interviews were, it was part of the discovery phase. In essence, when they turned all that evidence over to the defense, it then became a part of the public record and is how we got our grimy little hands on all that juicy information.

So, yes, it is evidence that will be used in a trial.

i think they are saving what is really incriminating. they are not going to give the defense everything that would tip their hand. they are just giving out enough to try to get the rotten egg to give up the body. i hope shes having nights sweats of the computer info release!!

One thing I don't understand. Why did they wait TWO weeks to question Cindy??? Wouldn't it have been to LE advantage to talk to her BEFORE she had two weeks to think up everything she wanted to say?? Is this customery?? I don't know as I have never really paid attention to cases this closely before. Did LE drop the ball by waiting too long to question everybody?

i think they are saving what is really incriminating. they are not going to give the defense everything that would tip their hand. they are just giving out enough to try to get the rotten egg to give up the body. i hope shes having nights sweats of the computer info release!!

I agree, I don't believe they'll use most of the released information to prove economics charges or child neglect. As a matter of fact, I don't expect the child neglect charges will ever be pursued. I think they'll drop that (if not all the charges) in lieu of murder charges.

So, I believe they are selectively releasing information they feel is beneficial to them. I don't think it's required, but they can use that guise to get any and all information released that they want.

do we know for a fact that this information has already been turned over to Caseys attorney?

you know what I AM INTERESTED in seeing? The video visitations between Casey and her family? I want to see if she really cries in them like they said she did.

Uhhhh my brain hurts from all this new info overload, lol. If this is actually true and a vid is being released, along with computer records, I am definately going to have to set some pc time aside to get caught up.

I agree, I don't believe they'll use most of the released information to prove economics charges or child neglect. As a matter of fact, I don't expect the child neglect charges will ever be pursued. I think they'll drop that (if not all the charges) in lieu of murder charges.

So, I believe they are selectively releasing information they feel is beneficial to them. I don't think it's required, but they can use that guise to get any and all information released that they want.
interesting thoughts... I hope you are right. And I hope they stick too.

:eek:talk about a bombshell! LE must be gearing up for a grand finale soon! (I can only hope)

I agree with you! I think they are in the final laps of this race - I hope, I hope, I hope!

Well, if it's being released in the same way the recent interviews were, it was part of the discovery phase. In essence, when they turned all that evidence over to the defense, it then became a part of the public record and is how we got our grimy little hands on all that juicy information.

So, yes, it is evidence that will be used in a trial.

It's my understanding that they could have been provided to the defense as discovery without filing them with the court and therefore they would not have been made public (as it wouldn't have been in the defense's best interest to do so, IMO). There's a reason that they're releasing them to the public. I just haven't figured out quite why yet. But I like it!

Long, loooong time lurker and voracious reader. Not much of a 'talker', though. Carry on... :seeya:

I agree with you! I think they are in the final laps of this race - I hope, I hope, I hope!
yes! Maybe they have enough for a capital case and will be able to use that to get her to tell where Caylee's little body is. I just hope she can be put to rest....

It's my understanding that they could have been provided to the defense as discovery without filing them with the court and therefore they would not have been made public (as it wouldn't have been in the defense's best interest to do so, IMO). There's a reason that they're releasing them to the public. I just haven't figured out quite why yet. But I like it!

Long, loooong time lurker and voracious reader. Not much of a 'talker', though. Carry on... :seeya:
wftv stated that they filed for public release of them...and it was granted.....

sorry!~ how rude of me~!!!!! HAPPY FIRST POST SUZIHAWK! Welcome to posting! Chime in dude!

One thing I don't understand. Why did they wait TWO weeks to question Cindy??? Wouldn't it have been to LE advantage to talk to her BEFORE she had two weeks to think up everything she wanted to say?? Is this customery?? I don't know as I have never really paid attention to cases this closely before. Did LE drop the ball by waiting too long to question everybody?

I don't think they did wait 2 weeks. I would bet this is a followup interview. When you look at some of the interviews that took place on like July 23rd, etc..., they'll say, we're just following up on earlier interviews that the various people had given.

I'd bet it's the same with Cindy.

do we know for a fact that this information has already been turned over to Caseys attorney?

I know when we were waiting for the other interviews to be released (transcripts), they had reporters waiting outside of Kinkos (SP?) waiting to pick the transcripts up. They were at that time being handed over to the defense.

The interviews are also being released on the OCSO site, though, I do not see CA's interview, yet.

http://www.ocso.com/Default.aspx?tabid=547

Fyi, when you click the download link, it takes you to another site. And you can only download one file at a time.

interesting thoughts... I hope you are right. And I hope they stick too.

Well, think about it. Baez has to know he has no way of winning any of the economic charges. That's as black and white as it comes. I think it was a tactical strategy on his part because he knew they'd never have to face the charges anyway. Thus, pleading NG keeps Casey out of jail while LE builds the case of murder.

Well, there is probably some truth in that (I won't proclaim to know), but IMO, LE DID want the information out there. It was a tactical move on their part, imo. What in those interviews did they need to prove the economic charges? Perhaps the child neglect might be touched on a bit, but they wouldn't need everything released to prove that charge, either.

Imo, it was a tactical move on LE's part to release exactly what they wanted out there. Since it is the discovery phase, it can and will be used when the state brings forth a murder charge.

Thank GOD I have nothing to do tomorrow! :woohoo:

Anyone else think LE is brilliant with how all of this stuff is coming out? I bet the pressure in the house is rising to unmanageable levels. :popcorn:

The house must be close to imploding!
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm feeling some
information over-load fatigue.
:pcguru:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics