GUILTY WA - Bethany Storro charged in acid attack hoax, Vancouver, 2010

Yeah, I'm not real interested in how upset she is right now. Boo hoo. She sure wasn't upset when she was doing all those media interviews. Big liar. Shame on her.

I noticed that as well. But the doctor said it was something as strong as hydrocloric or sulfuric (excuse misspelling) acid, so I don't think she would have used that for a facial. However, it does appear that she purposely spread the acid on her face. Interesting idea though and I will be looking to see if anything comes up about this. Could someone really be that dumb to put acid on their face for a facial peel? I suppose stranger things have happened.

By the time she got to the hospital, they really didn't have a "sample" of it.

She HAD to have holes in her clothes -- right? She heard (wait! another red flag!) her skin and clothing "sizzle".

Now we hear the police suspected something was wrong, from the beginning. But it's not PC to blame a nice little Christian deaf girl who's been victimized by an angry jealous (her description) black woman.

This is by far one of the craziest stories I've heard in a very long time. Such extreme to attack yourself with acid.

I think it was purely a career move. She wanted to be the feted, wonderful survivor who made it through because of her faith. Yeah, phooey.

I have heard speculation that she was doing some kind of do it yourself facial peel that went wrong and made up this story because she was too embarrassed to tell the truth. If you look at the burns they look to be evenly spread out on her face.

If she was too embarrassed to admit she messed up a facial feel, so decided to blame a black woman (who looks like Barack Obama with earrings) ... she's not mental, she's been trained.

I wonder if it's common in her family to blame everything on "black people"?

I have heard speculation that she was doing some kind of do it yourself facial peel that went wrong and made up this story because she was too embarrassed to tell the truth. If you look at the burns they look to be evenly spread out on her face.

Really? Because she was embarrassed she gave a press conference all covered up in bandages on how Jesus saved her eyesight? Someone who is embarrassed going to go to the media to tell their inspiring story? That does not add up.

I was a little suspicious when she first said that the woman called her "pretty girl"...:)

Sorry, that's mean, I know...

Really? Police actually investigated somebody, multiple somebodies? That sketch didn't even have the earrings correctly, they were supposed to have been in the left ear, but the sketch showed them in the right ear.

That might have been a trick, by the police sketch artist.

I read an article once that said when people are lying, they will often pick out details of a famous person (like Barack Obama in this case) or look at details on the sketch artist's face.

Yes, black women were being brought in for questioning. One black woman was just shopping at Walmart on Monday (!) and police got a 911 call. She was investigated. Can you imagine?

Her accusation was sad, but it was so pitiful that so many people readily believed (1) the "black woman" story without question, and (2) that she was truthful because she was a Christian.

I was a little suspicious when she first said that the woman called her "pretty girl"...:)

Sorry, that's mean, I know...

Truthful, though. How come it's not PC to be truthful? We should have been able to solve this one, two weeks ago ;)

That might have been a trick, by the police sketch artist.

I read an article once that said when people are lying, they will often pick out details of a famous person (like Barack Obama in this case) or look at details on the sketch artist's face.

Yes, black women were being brought in for questioning. One black woman was just shopping at Walmart on Monday (!) and police got a 911 call. She was investigated. Can you imagine?

Her accusation was sad, but it was so pitiful that so many people readily believed (1) the "black woman" story without question, and (2) that she was truthful because she was a Christian.

I also think that sketch resembles Barack Obama with earrings. LOL. As for people believing it, I'd guess it is very hard to imagine a woman on purpose injuring her own face with some sort of acid. I certainly don't think that a random attack like that would be out of realm of possibility. It's not like she claimed alien abduction. LOL.

I also think that sketch resembles Barack Obama with earrings. LOL. As for people believing it, I'd guess it is very hard to imagine a woman on purpose injuring her own face with some sort of acid. I certainly don't think that a random attack like that would be out of realm of possibility. It's not like she claimed alien abduction. LOL.

Honestly, I think she picked a black woman because she thought it would be a more believable story. Would people believe a white woman would be jealous of a "pretty girl"?

"When I first saw her, she had this weirdness about her – like jealousy, rage. " <--- Typical "angry black person" comment.

Our nation has been struggling with race issues for a long time; maybe THIS is the story that will wake people up.
I hope people here and elsewhere look inside their own hearts, and decide why they believed this totally-ridiculous story.
I'm even looking inside myself, to figure out why I felt so guilty when I posted my comments here on Sep 3rd.

....and we have to remember how she gloried at the press conference, talking "in pain" for over 20 minutes, with her face wrapped in bandages.

Anyway, even the gossip sheets are laying into her:
LA LATE.
Guyism

I think we have had quite enough of the phantom African American perpetrators. This needs to stop. It just incites more divisiveness and mistrust. Plus, it's stupid.

I agree. We need to put it to rest. Both in the real world, and in inciteful comments on this thread.

I agree. We need to put it to rest. Both in the real world, and in inciteful comments on this thread.

I think there's much value in discussing this as a crime -- because it's more of a crime now that the hoax has been revealed, than it was before.

Maybe it's a teaching moment for everyone. Having a strong BS detector makes a strong sleuth.

This is one truly insane story and one woman with severe problems. If this was done for attention, (as i heard on the news) she is in need of real help.

To go to those extremes and burn yourself, takes a pretty twisted person.

I hate to know she had to go blame this on someone else too. What is this cycle again of blaming others, and always African American? Even though she needs serious help, I'm glad she may do time and is being fined. Such a bizzare story.

PS: in regard to her looks, I saw a pic where she looked very pretty. Maybe they used an old picture of her to line them up next to each other to show the contrast.

Goz

I might have found a clue indicating premeditation.

Remember the well-known Bethany Storro FB page that she used to communicate with people and comment on her "attack", and gain their sympathy? And which was later pulled? There's a partial screen shot HERE.

That was a new FB page, with her full name!

Her ORIGINAL FB page, using her nickname that few would find if they looked, still exists HERE.

If you weren't trying to publicize your "situation", why would you create that separate FB page? (Just noticed that her initials are BS.)

ETA:
Note also that the "Send Hugs to Bethany Storro" FB page has suddenly disappeared, too -- but there's a partial screenshot on the first link (above).

I think there's much value in discussing this as a crime -- because it's more of a crime now that the hoax has been revealed, than it was before.

Maybe it's a teaching moment for everyone. Having a strong BS detector makes a strong sleuth.

Teachable is great! We've all learned how NOT to act by this woman's actions.

Maybe it's just me, but reading over some of the comments regarding this incident made me start to feel uncomfortable. Like it was less of a teaching moment, less of a general discussion about the crime, and more of a mean-spirited, incindiary kind of thing. Kind of like a train running off it's tracks.

We're just tired of people pulling these kinds of stunts. I have made unkind comments to be sure, but I feel they are totally justified in light of her horrendous behavior. She is just another scammer playing on everyone's sympathy and blaming the never-present African American. I, for one, am sick of it. She deserves every nasty comment she gets and then some.

I'm tired of it too, I guess probably all of us are. It makes my heart hurt. It's not as easy as saying, "just stop doing it!", though, or else the problem would have been obliterated long ago. I have a feeling this is a battle that will go on for generations, unfortunately, because racism breeds racism, and hate breeds hate.

Teachable is great! We've all learned how NOT to act by this woman's actions.

Maybe it's just me, but reading over some of the comments regarding this incident made me start to feel uncomfortable. Like it was less of a teaching moment, less of a general discussion about the crime, and more of a mean-spirited, incindiary kind of thing. Kind of like a train running off it's tracks.

I read a comment here, early on, that made me very uncomfortable. It was about blacks and Muslims. I don't know why anyone jumped to that connection, except there's a certain political "side" to that.....AND, if you read BS's true FB page, you'll see that she's part of that side.

She committed a personal crime, and created a victim based on race. I think it's totally fair to question her personal motives in doing so.

We're just tired of people pulling these kinds of stunts. I have made unkind comments to be sure, but I feel they are totally justified in light of her horrendous behavior. She is just another scammer playing on everyone's sympathy and blaming the never-present African American. I, for one, am sick of it. She deserves every nasty comment she gets and then some.

There's been so many, yet it continues.

Charles Stuart, who murdered his wife and blamed it on a black man. Hundreds of black men were hauled in, until police figured out the lie.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_Smith"]Susan Smith[/ame] who killed two sons, and blamed it on a black man. I saw through her story as soon as I saw her "Amos N' Andy" perp (who'd have faced her, yet the perp was shown in profile).

Ashley Todd, the McCain volunteer who claimed a "dark-skinned man" (Obama supporter) carved the letter "B" on her cheek.

Bonnie Sweeten hoaxed a "black men kidnapped us" and took her daughter to Florida.

And those are just the cases I can remember off-hand. Now this.

It still works.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993