Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
people here dont use umbrellas LOl I was told if you are seen with an umbrella that means you are an out of towner LOl seriously, this one guy kept my hubby out in the rain for 30 minutes just chatting away, they dont seem to mind getting wet in this state and I dont get the " we dont use umbrellas " either lol

It's true. We generally don't use umbrellas and I've never seen a woman here use a plastic bag to shield her hairdo from drizzle, plus Cheryl doesn't strike me as the super fussy type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it is very unlikely she was there before, or recently enough to make a difference with the dogs.

Also the trackers in the picture (I recognize one of them) are human trackers (sign cutters). Here is a company that trains trackers in this skill FYI only: http://www.jhardin-inc.com/web/
Are you saying that the person you were able to identify in my photograph was of a Sign Cutter designation? (That being the highest and most skilled tracker certification?) (Side note: I would love to take 5 years of my life and dedicate it to a course like that!)

Yes. And back when it happened locals said it was drizzling that morning. People in that area are so used to the wetness. I lived there my entire life until a year ago and I've never seen someone use a plastic bag over their head. I personally don't think this is a possibility.
Seriously have never seen someone with a plastic bag over their head. I know who is new to the area by whether or not they're using an umbrella. It's very strange, I'll admit that, but so few people use an umbrella here! Not even kids waiting for the bus or walking to school.

"If the brambles covering the eastside of the culvert were not disturbed on the east" AND "There were no signs of disturbance to the ground along the west side of the culvert", from WHERE did she enter? Up stream where there is unobstructed access to, and into creek?
Do you recall from your visit there if the access to the creek from that opening was clear of blackberry bushes? If she did enter from that little grassy section you showed in your picture then wouldn't that suggest that she came from the north -> walking south towards the culvert, but stepped off of the eastern side of the road and into the stream before the culvert? Mainly I'm curious if access to the creek was very limited due to blackberry bushes.

Perhaps Cheryl's killer(s) dine at the same restaurant named on the plastic bag which covered her head!
Fast food places with plastic bags...Jack in the box is the first one that comes to mind, and then KFC - they use the thicker gauge plastic bags for some orders! I honestly don't visit fast food enough to know more than that. But regardless, fast food = a LOT of people using the same bags for takeout. Now, if it was a Chinese food place or similar, sure they use plastic bags more like grocery bags, but they usually don't have the restaurant name printed on them. In not one instance can I truly imagine one of the bags I mentioned being able to actually kill a person, but I have so much to learn. :/

Blue888 - I was under the impression that you were close to this case. Are you able to comment on whether or not Cheryl's new kitten was at home?

My opinion on this is Stryker57 would have answered this if the kitten was "missing"

I am new here. Cheryl got her kitty from me on Friday night. This is her third kitty from me in about ten years. She and her husband work magic with kitties that need lots of love and patience. Her first kitty died of old age in September and she contacted me and asked if I would be willing to hold this kitty until February. She had a vacation planned in January and wanted to be sure she would be home long term to help him acclimate. This is how I know it's not a suicide. Why wait months for a cat and then kill herself?
I picked up the cat on Wednesday after she was taken and he was his normal happy self and not traumatized or injured in any way. Her son carried him out to the living room and he was completely calm. This is a ten year old cat who is very sensitive.
Also she was an avid hunter and carried a 357. If she was going to kill herself that would be a much better way. This was not a suicide.
Also the cats I raise are raised on raw meat from the butcher shop down the road. It's a custom blend. Maybe she was trying some different foods. I saw both cats and neither had any injuries nor did they seem traumatized at all.

people here dont use umbrellas LOl I was told if you are seen with an umbrella that means you are an out of towner LOl seriously, this one guy kept my hubby out in the rain for 30 minutes just chatting away, they dont seem to mind getting wet in this state and I dont get the " we dont use umbrellas " either lol

Your not a true pacific northwester if you use umbrellas. I don't use one either in Oregon

I am new here. Cheryl got her kitty from me on Friday night. This is her third kitty from me in about ten years. She and her husband work magic with kitties that need lots of love and patience. Her first kitty died of old age in September and she contacted me and asked if I would be willing to hold this kitty until February. She had a vacation planned in January and wanted to be sure she would be home long term to help him acclimate. This is how I know it's not a suicide. Why wait months for a cat and then kill herself?
I picked up the cat on Wednesday after she was taken and he was his normal happy self and not traumatized or injured in any way. Her son carried him out to the living room and he was completely calm. This is a ten year old cat who is very sensitive.
Also she was an avid hunter and carried a 357. If she was going to kill herself that would be a much better way. This was not a suicide.
Also the cats I raise are raised on raw meat from the butcher shop down the road. It's a custom blend. Maybe she was trying some different foods. I saw both cats and neither had any injuries nor did they seem traumatized at all.
Welcome Justiceforcheryl! I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. She sounded like such a wonderful lady. Thank you for the post, very insightful. And this confirms for me even more that it was not suicide.Glad kitty is doing OK. Such a shame it didn't get to stay in its new home :/

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Hi! Welcome! You mentioned that you picked up the cat on Wednesday after she had been taken. Cheryl went missing on Monday, and she was still missing when you took the cat back.Did you feel at that time that something bad had happened to Cheryl, that Cheryl wasn't coming back? Or did Cheryl's husband think it was best to take the cat back under the circumstances that Cheryl was missing several days at that point?

Being in the vicinity does not mean she left the car on her own accord, as you imply by your statements.

Right, on this point, LE knowing that she was by her car when it was parked, I do think we should trust what LE says. As to my theory/assumption she walked, correct - you're welcome to speculate as I have. :)

Honestly I can't remember if it was Wednesday or Thursday but yes she was still missing. I picked up the cat because he is a shyer and sensitive cat trying to acclimate to what was a very calm and quiet home. The stress of all of the people in and out was too stressful they felt.
I knew from the beginning something was very very wrong. Like I said, she waited months for this cat because she didn't want to leave him alone while they were gone.
They still have the boy they got from me about 8 years ago. He is a stunning boy that I told them was so shy that they may never touch him. They got him as a buddy for the first cat. The first night she sent me pictures of him snuggled in bed with them. That's the type of people they were.
The police were here and I showed them the raw food and how it can leak. However they picked him and the raw food up in a different car.

Your not a true pacific northwester if you use umbrellas. I don't use one either in Oregon

I grew up using umbrellas. Maybe it is more of a European type thing. I use an umbrella on occasion here in Colorado, but not a lot of people do. It could also be a generational thing. I use a hat mostly now though, but I do have a couple really cute stylish umbrellas.

Great post, and I'm totally in agreement. The more people that come forward with stories like this, the harder it becomes for law enforcement to write it off as a suicide. They hate it when that happens.......means more work for them.

This case screamed homicide from the beginning...........so what's changed ?

Well....the cops can't find anything that points to homicide, according to them.

The cops can find things leading to a suicide if they spin it right and mold the evidence to fit a theory.

Great post, and I'm totally in agreement. The more people that come forward with stories like this, the harder it becomes for law enforcement to write it off as a suicide. They hate it when that happens.......means more work for them.

This case screamed homicide from the beginning...........so what's changed ?

Well....the cops can't find anything that points to homicide, according to them.

The cops can find things leading to a suicide if they spin it right and mold the evidence to fit a theory.

LE is far from completion on Cheryl's case.

To me, what has been presented in the media and what LE states can go BOTH ways, a homicide or a suicide, in my opinion.

I haven't written off LE. They are still working on the case.

IMOO.

Honestly I can't remember if it was Wednesday or Thursday but yes she was still missing. I picked up the cat because he is a shyer and sensitive cat trying to acclimate to what was a very calm and quiet home. The stress of all of the people in and out was too stressful they felt.
I knew from the beginning something was very very wrong. Like I said, she waited months for this cat because she didn't want to leave him alone while they were gone.
They still have the boy they got from me about 8 years ago. He is a stunning boy that I told them was so shy that they may never touch him. They got him as a buddy for the first cat. The first night she sent me pictures of him snuggled in bed with them. That's the type of people they were.
The police were here and I showed them the raw food and how it can leak. However they picked him and the raw food up in a different car.

Thank you for your post. Lots of information. :)

Well, no disrespect, is Big Foot accounted for? Animal blood, in a culvert almost a mile and half away from her car, no signs she walked there, no signs she drove there, cuts on fingers, bag on head, and face down in two feet of water..... how many people actually drown in water WITHOUT ANY MEDS OR DRUGS INVOLVED in such a small amount of water? You can't! You would involuntarily push yourself up with your arms, or roll over, or stand up when the urge to BREATH becomes so intense that you can't stop it.

No, this doesn't sound like a suicide. In a pond, or lake, maybe, but, not in 2 ft of water! Not with a bag over your head that isn't tightly secured, and with your hands able to remove the bag, push yourself out of the water, etc. No. Just NO!

Whoever did this to Cheryl, they will pay.

Knowing Cheryl was a cat lover breaks my heart even more. I had a Siamese kitten that was very shy, and considered 'not adoptable' by the rescue. My parents have him now, and it's adorable, but doesn't like strangers. He sleeps with my Mom and they love him!

It takes a special person to want the 'unadoptable' pets of the world. Cheryl will be missed by the humans and the animals.

First Impreza wasn't made until 1992.

Well, that's what was named when she went missing. I dunno. I can't link to anything here on my phone but when I Google "1988 Subaru Impreza," I get some hits. I keep seeing her car described as a 1988 Legacy, and I don't believe the Legacy was made at that time. We used to have a 1988 Subaru wagon and it was a GL or DL or something

I wonder if Cheryl talked to anyone else about the cat and about the raw meat?

I wonder how that animal blood got in her car? Was it fresh, from that morning?

IMOO.

This happy lady no way in hell committed suicide. If a person like her did, then it would maybe be because they just got a terminal diagnosis. Otherwise, I would never believe it. Feel so bad for her family regardless.

I think the majority here sensed the homicide from the beginning and still do. It does present a mystery that no one saw anything that morning in that entire area. That leads me to believe she probably knew the person. A friend, colleague or acquaintance asked for her help, maybe even requested a private meeting with her. So far there are ZERO tells that suicide would be a cause.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Sorry for your lost. Thank you for the information. Can you expand on what you mean about "custom blend"?

Also, if she was trying something new, what that may look like?

IMOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member