Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding is they are still undertaking computer and cellphone analysis and they wouldn't release this "sensitive information" until then. They haven't released toxicology reports to the public. Also this quote came from the recent article.

Police released the sensitive information after they learned that some of that sensitive information was released by the family. It was out of respect for the family that it was withheld, but if family was not concerned with confidentiality of details that may indicate suicide, then police don't need to withhold that sensitive information anymore.

The "sensitive info" comment is from Feb 25.

Police released the sensitive information after they learned that some of that sensitive information was released by the family. It was out of respect for the family that it was withheld, but if family was not concerned with confidentiality of details that may indicate suicide, then police don't need to withhold that sensitive information anymore.

The "sensitive info" comment is from Feb 25.
The comment was repeated in March at the link I gave in my post.

I am guessing they found indications of suicide. This is not being handled like any murder I am aware of, but jmo.

The comment was repeated in March at the link I gave in my post.

Thanks - I didn't scroll down past all the ads. That phrase is linked to the Feb 24 article which suggests to me that the comment was not repeated by police in March, and it also suggests to me that the reporter does not understand that in the case of probable suicide, police do not release sensitive information. Indeed, in the case of probable suicide, the family has every right to have sensitive information about plastic bags and razor blades withheld.

My sadly-, badly-written haiku for Cheryl:

Undetermined.
A sad word. No answers.
A gentle woman lost.

I hope the family have some peace one way or another.
A great bunch of sleuthers have collected here and I'm sure I will return here for some news, but for now I'm signing out.

Thanks - I didn't scroll down past all the ads. That phrase is linked to the Feb 24 article which suggests to me that the comment was not repeated by police in March, and it also suggests to me that the reporter does not understand that in the case of probable suicide, police do not release sensitive information. Indeed, in the case of probable suicide, the family has every right to have sensitive information about plastic bags and razor blades withheld.

I see the logic in what you are saying in terms of timeline, and that the info is sensitive to the family if it gets out, but here is another quote where they say (BBM):
"“We want to do what we can to hold sensitive information back until we see the phone, computer and lab results,” he said."

There are two key words there, not sensitive information, but "holding back". This is what the detectives internally talk about evidence, NOT specifically related to suicides, NOT something that would harm the family if it came out, but information used to correlate or check witnesses and other evidence.

By definition, "hold back info" is NOT given to the family. If it turns out to be a homicide, releasing it to ANYONE would compromise the investigation. Sometimes they don't even tell us the holdback info (it depends on the case).

It may well be that it was the bag and razor blade BUT telling the family that would be then NOT considered "hold back" info because they told someone.

I'm reading between the lines a bit here. And I might be wrong, but I think there is another shoe to drop.

I see the logic in what you are saying in terms of timeline, and that the info is sensitive to the family if it gets out, but here is another quote where they say (BBM):
"“We want to do what we can to hold sensitive information back until we see the phone, computer and lab results,” he said."

There are two key words there, not sensitive information, but "holding back". This is what the detectives internally talk about evidence, NOT specifically related to suicides, NOT something that would harm the family if it came out, but information used to correlate or check witnesses and other evidence.

By definition, "hold back info" is NOT given to the family. If it turns out to be a homicide, releasing it to ANYONE would compromise the investigation. Sometimes they don't even tell us the holdback info (it depends on the case).

It may well be that it was the bag and razor blade BUT telling the family that would be then NOT considered "hold back" info because they told someone.

I'm reading between the lines a bit here. And I might be wrong, but I think there is another shoe to drop.

I agree, that there are probably things that aren't being released for strategic reasons. I keep thinking about a statement CD's husband made-something to the effect that the public would be afraid if they knew some information that LE is keeping from us. If what you are saying is true though then LE would not have shared this information with the husband either so why would he make that statement? Here is a link to an article with his quote. Also I re-read this article and this is the first one that I've seen that discusses blood on the exterior of the car ( they speculate that it is CDs but that has not been confirmed as far as I know). All of the other reports I've seen only discuss the blood on the interior of the door, the seat, the console and the floor (animal)
http://mynorthwest.com/11/2939704/F...bt-surrounding-Mountlake-Terrace-womans-death

Time for a new thread for Cheryl. Please continue here at Thread #8.

This thread will close in about 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname