WA WA - GARY RIDGWAY - Green River Serial Killer

I'm not so sure all the sicko excuses a serial killer comes up with is truth. It irks me that he seemed to have a well paying job and what I consider a lovely home and camper to enjoy while not out killing young girls.

I'm not so sure all the sicko excuses a serial killer comes up with is truth. It irks me that he seemed to have a well paying job and what I consider a lovely home and camper to enjoy while not out killing young girls.

txsvicki, psychopaths are very creative, calculating, manipulative, deflective and speak in riddles. If they say yes, think no. The truth is 180 degrees from their replies..

I feel very deep compassion for those young women that died so long ago. I know them all by name and for some reason this is the case I care most about. Ridgeway states he killed 71 people. I highly doubt it since he can't even remember names/ dates etc, there are about 5 or so missing persons cases I think fit the bill for GR but since most were living a high risk life then many more were peobably never reported missing. It could be 71 for all I know but I think its unlikley.

Since they identified sandras remains in july after 2 decades. I still hold hope that the few others know as "bones" will be identified.

I reccomend it as well. I've read it several times. Before that I had one on the GRK that was printed in 1991 before they caught him obviously.

I feel very deep compassion for those young women that died so long ago. I know them all by name and for some reason this is the case I care most about. Ridgeway states he killed 71 people. I highly doubt it since he can't even remember names/ dates etc, there are about 5 or so missing persons cases I think fit the bill for GR but since most were living a high risk life then many more were peobably never reported missing. It could be 71 for all I know but I think its unlikley.

Since they identified sandras remains in july after 2 decades. I still hold hope that the few others know as "bones" will be identified.

SJA, the plea agreement with Ridgeway did not include victims from Oregon or other states, only Washington..

I seriously doubt that GR gave up all of his innocent victims.. His undeclared innocent victims were his possessions, his only assets..

I know that. I'm sure there are some in oregon, as he had dumped bodies in the state. Only he will ever know the truth.

Also I don't know why someone would want to research bundy. He could have been caught several times ( and was).

Also I don't know why someone would want to research bundy. He could have been caught several times ( and was).

Somewhat agree, SJA..
Ted Bundy escaped police custody twice; once while in Utah, and the other while in Colorado.

There have been hundreds of serial killers in the history of America, and there are a few that tend to stay in the minds of citizens, becoming “famous.” Although Ted Bundy is usually thought of when the subject of serial killers crops up, few people can name even one of his innocent victims, sadly.

Prolific serial killer Ted Bundy; evil in disguise was one of the most infamous serial killers in American history due to Ann Rule's book and ms media exposure, imo. He was handsome, charming, calculating, and creative. All traits playing a role in his chameleon-like ability to rape and murder numerous young women. He also engaged in dismemberment and necrophilia.

Alaska barista slaying: In courtroom, suspect Keyes makes a run for it
May 24, 2012|By Kim Murphy

MP3: Audio from Israel Keyes' attempt to flee federal courtroom

"Kill him!" someone shouts.

"Everybody out please," a voice is heard telling the courtroom. The hearing ended immediately.

http://www.ktuu.com/ktuu-israel-keyes-courtroom-audio-20120523,0,7198717.mp3file

Suspect Israel Keyes (Anchorage Police Department )
SEATTLE -- A courtroom in Anchorage erupted in pandemonium when a suspect charged in the fatal kidnapping of popular barista Samantha Koenig broke out of his restraints and made a dash for freedom before being tasered and wrestled to the ground.

I too read Ann Rule's book when it first came out....loved it, as well as Dave Reichert's book; I thought both were excellent.

I just happened upon this thread by chance. I watched The Real Story on the Smithsonian channel this morning for the first time and Gary Ridgway was discussed. I had no idea how prolific he was at killing. When I look at this list it's absolutely astounding that he was killing up to 6 girls a month! During some periods of time he would kill 2 or 3 within week....I had no idea that he was killing so many women in such short periods of time. For some reason I had thought there was a much longer cooling off period in between crimes.

Gary Ridgway's Victims (thank u Raine for originally posting this list)

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2003/11/06/366446/ridgways-victims.html

What does everyone think about Amina Agisheff? Ridgway was adamant that he didn't kill her, yet her body was found yards from a number of his other victims.

It's interesting to note that they were roughly the same age and both single parents. Ridgway was involved in Parents Without Partners; my thought is that if he did kill her (and I believe he probably did), he probably knew Amina through that organization and that her murder wasn't in any way planned.

What does everyone think about Amina Agisheff? Ridgway was adamant that he didn't kill her, yet her body was found yards from a number of his other victims.

It's interesting to note that they were roughly the same age and both single parents. Ridgway was involved in Parents Without Partners; my thought is that if he did kill her (and I believe he probably did), he probably knew Amina through that organization and that her murder wasn't in any way planned.

I tend to think that he didn't kill Agisheff and that the dumpsite was just a coincidence. It seems unlikely to me that he would not take credit if he did it especially since being untruthful would put him back on the trail to death row.

Amina Agisheff is an ongoing mystery to the GRK investigation. She doesn't fit the profile of the other Ridgeway victims. She had no known ties to prostitution or drugs or any other lifestyle "issues". She was a single parent so the possibility that she knew Ridgeway through Parents without Partners is intriguing but she lived in Ballard and Ridgeway lived over 10 miles to the south.

From what I understand, the place she was found wasn't "yards" from other GRK dump sites. t was actually over a mile from any known GRK victims. Where Amina was found has a bit of a reputation in Seattle for being a prime body "dump spot". It is about the first spot along I-90 where there would be access to wooded areas for anyone traveling out of Seattle east. Other bodies have been found in that general area that are considered unrelated to either case. The thing that really connects her to Ridgeway is the date of her disappearance: one day before the official beginning of the GRK "reign of terror" when Wendy Lee Coffield was abducted and killed.
Thats quiet a coincidence.

Amina was last seen July 7th 1982 at 10:30 PM when she left her mother's downtown Seattle Apt to catch a bus to her Apt in Ballard. She never made it home that night and it can not be confirmed that she ever got on a bus at the downtown stop. The family believes she was abducted "off the street" by her killer. It seems very unlikely that she was hitchhiking or accepted a ride from a stranger. I don't know exactly where the mother's apt or the bus stop was but while downtown Seattle has it's sketchy areas, there tends to be people around at 10:30 and the abduction of a grown woman off the street would be unusual.

Thanks for that background info. Everything about Amina's murder suggests that she knew her attacker. I just wish there was more information available. Perhaps she deserves her own thread in the cold cases forum (if there isn't one already)?

From 2011:

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/41672897/...-killer-pleads-guilty-th-murder/#.VXCna4v8FWY

Ridgway, who has been dubbed the Green River Killer, confessed to killing Rebecca "Becky" Marrero in 1982 as part of a 2003 plea deal that spared him the death penalty...

Ridgway rose and began to apologize to the family, but was cut off by a man in the audience who shouted, "Shut your mouth."

"I'm sorry you had to wait this long for some truth and some justice," Roberts said to the family. The judge told Ridgway that in his case, "I can find no compassion," then sentenced him to a 49th consecutive life term.

Guess who got transferred for more freedom:

Official: Gary Ridgway transferred to allow more freedom

The man who helped put Gary Ridgway, the most prolific serial killer in U.S. history, away for life is livid over what he describes as a "prison upgrade" for the Green River Killer.

Washington State Department of Corrections documents show Ridgway was transferred to a high-security Colorado prison so he could be brought out of isolation.

The transfer, U.S. Representative Dave Reichert says, allows Ridgway more freedoms, including a job, and interaction with the general population.

"It is unbelievable and absolutely intolerable that the Washington State Department of Corrections determined that because Gary Ridgway, this country's most notorious serial killer who confessed to 49 murders, was such a model inmate, he was relocated to a Colorado prison at a cost of 20k for a private jet to transport him, so he can now socially interact with others and get a job," Reichert said in a statement.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/of...ed-to-allow-more-freedom/ar-AAe1hIO?li=AA54ur

<modsnip>

<Irony>

Most inmates at ADX SuperMax are going to be there for life or beyond.. Nothing to loose.. I've done a lot of research on GR. Like most SK's he had two selves; good Gary & evil Gary. Stabbed a kid after luring him into the woods at the age of 14; aproximate age that most SKs cross the threshold from fantasy to dark reality, imo. After stabbing the kid, the kid ask GR 'why did you kill me'? GR laughed and replied, 'just to see what it felt like'.. The kid survived and was in the courtroom when GR was sentenced to multiple LWOPs..

June 25, 2015 - Life in a Supermax prison ... inside supermax prison orig_00004310.jpg .... not yet known; Inmates spend 23 hours a day in small cells with no view..
http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/25/us/dzhokhar-tsarnaev-supermax-prison/

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53