Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I make it quick in my mind like this Amber Alert=Abduction. Abduction is you know the child is with someone and the type of car. My boyfriend(who is in newscasting)taught me the A thing. They need certain descriptors to fill in for the system to go off

I do think that someone from that community is responsible for her disappearance, but she is not inside their home any longer. Had someone called sooner for help the day she disappeared this person might have been caught, but this person knew they had PLENTY of time before her parents would get worried. They perhaps had tested once before to see when the parents would start getting alarmed. 8:30 seemed to be the time. What time is sunset in Washington where this little girl lives?

Sunset
8:35pm
http://www.wunderground.com/weather-forecast/US/WA/Bremerton.html
All posts are MOO

I hope little Jenise is found safe and well very soon :(

I do think that someone from that community is responsible for her disappearance, but she is not inside their home any longer. Had someone called sooner for help the day she disappeared this person might have been caught, but this person knew they had PLENTY of time before her parents would get worried. They perhaps had tested once before to see when the parents would start getting alarmed. 8:30 seemed to be the time. What time is sunset in Washington where this little girl lives?

Sunset
8:35pm
http://www.wunderground.com/weather-forecast/US/WA/Bremerton.html
All posts are MOO

I agree. Someone could have stashed her in the trunk of their car and been out of there by 5 pm. Plenty of time. It may have been a friend or relative of a resident, or someones boyfriend or father or grandson, anyone.

The height thing is tricky. On instinct Id probably wager that isn't right, but I've seen perfectly healthy well cared for children that are well shorter than their classmates in my class. Every child is different. According to the chart up thread my 4 year olds are way above the range of normal height, and the girl is under weight as well at that. Now according to their doctor they're perfectly healthy and thats just how they were made. Because of those charts I used to get so worried when they were babies somehow feeling like I wasn't doing a good enough job if they weren't in the "normal" range. They're normal for them.

The reasoning of that is because at this 4 to 9 age range most children are very close in size. In my class (which is kinder so 5/6 year olds) it's typically 17 children that are all the same size and one thats really tall or short.

I might not know exactly how tall my 6 or 10 year old is. If she comes up to my shoulder, you can bet that I am getting a ruler and guessing to the best of my ability.
If my child was missing I would not be haphazardly choosing numbers that more closely match a child half the age of the one missing.
It's a pet peeve. My daughter was only 13 inches at birth (14 weeks early) by her 2 year check up she was almost 34 inches.
I don't know Jenise's date of birth, but I am going to guess she is probably closer to 7. I base this on her dentition in the pictures I have seen.
I will look for a date of birth.

11/07/2007 6 yrs 9 mos
http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1236032/1

All posts are MOO

So she is one of the older kids going in to first grade. But she looks like a preschooler if her stats are correct. My son is also going in to first grade, will be the youngest in class, and is 49".

I hope she makes it home for her first day of school. I hope she has a fun new backpack. I hope she gets to run around and play at recess and eat tator tots at lunch.

BBM

Maybe I'm confused, but aren't Amber Alerts only issued if they have details on something to look for (other than the child)? When I see them, I'm pretty sure they have always mentioned a car description and/or license plate number, etc.

The one that woke me up at 4:30 this morning had that.......

And, yes, I agree....the regulations vary by state, but I think there has to be at least something to go on, something to look for, other than just a description of the child (which in this case, as pointed out, is probably not quite accurate since the height seems off, and we don't know for sure what she was even wearing).

So she is one of the older kids going in to first grade. But she looks like a preschooler if her stats are correct. My son is also going in to first grade, will be the youngest in class, and is 49".

I hope she makes it home for her first day of school. I hope she has a fun new backpack. I hope she gets to run around and play at recess and eat tator tots at lunch.
I'd like to see the new school supplies she has! Unless school doesn't start for a few weeks.

I doubt there are any children 13 inches shorter than your child who are also older... just a hunch.
moo
All posts are MOO

I'd like to see the new school supplies she has! Unless school doesn't start for a few weeks.

All posts are MOO

Sadly, I doubt there are any. My boys picked out star wars backpacks this year.....

All posts are MOO

Sadly, I doubt there are any. My boys picked out star wars backpacks this year.....

all this talk of her height, it's obvious her parents don't spend much time with her.
i don't know how many inches/feet tall my two kids are, but i can tell you EXACTLY where there head hits when they hug me.
sad

School doesn't start until September 3 2014 in Bremerton Washington. I doubt many children have school supplies yet.

All posts are MOO

There was a case about 6 mos ago or less, here on WS, with a missing child in a small trailer court similar to this. Many kids saw her playing that day but no one saw her getting snatched. The perp was a neighbor who actually was interviewed on tv and IIRC , he may have even called 911 and reported her missing. I sure do hope this story has a much different outcome.

Does anyone remember the name on this case? I keep hearing the little sesame street song " who are the people in your neighborhood'' and it seems these days no one really knows who their neighbors are. Unless they were seen being hauled off to jail after a brawl in the street, people seem to assume they're OK

A couple people on the other thread asked about a pretty similar case recently and I never saw it answered.

I think you're thinking of Reann Murphy - 9 - lived in a trailer park in Ohio and was found dead in a dumpster 5 hours after she'd been reported missing. (Reported at 8:30 pm, found at 1:30 am)

She'd last been seen 3 hours earlier (5:30 pm) playing with friends. Suspect was arrested just a few hours later - or it was tweeted by PD just a few hours later (9:30 am - so 8 hours after she was found)

VERY quick process on that one! An arrest just about 12 hours after she was reported missing! (And found in between that time also!)

And you're correct, the person who killed her was one of the people that reported her missing and also "helped" in the searches. The whole 911 call was...well, just listen to it! You can hear it here

Metsker, a neighbor and friend to the Murphy family, took part in the frantic search.

At one point telling a searcher that he had already searched the dumpster where the little girl's body was found hours later.

An article for those that'd rather see that than the thread above.

article-2524830-1A26014700000578-317_306x423.jpg

The police said they felt this case did not meet the criteria for an Amber Alert!

That's because an Amber Alert is designed to immediately put out a description of a person or vehicle which has been observed or confirmed to be involved in a kidnapping. Since we can't even confirm that Jeneice left the home alive, there is no perp or vehicle description to be on the alert for.

An Amber Alert is not a general missing child alert, it is a "help us spot this kidnapper fleeing". More eyes on the street to pinpoint the location of the person with the child.

A couple people on the other thread asked about a pretty similar case recently and I never saw it answered.

RSBM.

Yes, thank you! That is the case I remember and keep thinking this reminds me of.

And, ugh who could forget that face :sick:

So, LE doesn't see anything wrong about not reporting a 6 yr. old missing that hasn't been seen for 24 hrs.? Because the neighborhood is tribal?? What?? Jerise had breakfast with one family and lunch with another because she had nobody caring for her at home!! I have no faith that this police dept. will find out what happened. They're brushing off the most OBVIOUS clues about this case.....poor little girl.

In our community the children of the reservation can be seen day and night outside playing with little supervision. IMOO this is the typical parenting style seen there. ( this is not a slight on those parents, the neighborhood is very safe and a similar layout as seen in Jenise's mobile home park). We are native, so again, this is not a slight - just an observation. Many rez folk are related to one another and children will go from one house to the next; one yard to the next; it is not seen as any big deal.

I was not this laid back with my children, nor were my husband's parents. We came in (at very least) at lunch and dinner and by 9 pm for bed. As I discussed it with him, we agreed that these were pretty much our only "rules."
FWIW

“I was hanging out with her all day Friday and Saturday and I woke up and didn’t see her at all Sunday,” Mary said.
http://q13fox.com/2014/08/06/search-for-missing-6-year-old-continues-to-intensify/

Mary P, 14, was one of the last people to see Jenise. She said they were together Saturday night.

This is troublesome to me. Teenagers don't typically hang out with 6 yr olds. In my opinion, I feel that there's been a rise in crime by youthful offenders. I'm not saying Mary is involved but it should really be investigated.

From the last thread:
Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
In my opinion, "running around unsupervised" is necessary for healthy normal human development. A child should develop the ability to bike around the neighborhood and fall off the bike and get skinned up but still walk the bike back home, bruised and bleeding. A child should be able to wander into the woods and get lost and be forced by their own wits to find their way home. That's how you develop intellect and independence and ability to function. That's how you keep from being 30 years old and not being able to leave mom and dad's home because you frankly aren't capable of anything independent as many in this last generation has proved to be.

So that's why, in my generation and all generations before this, kids were allowed to pedal off on their bikes or wander off on foot for adventures. It's necessary to develop a child into an independent individual.

That has nothing to do with this case, where a child was missing in the morning when everyone got up and it wasn't until dark that anyone at all looked for her. That's a family in chaos and nothing to do with having children able to flex their freedom muscles and pedal around the area or walk and exercise their own independence for awhile.

(bbm)
I agree -- that was the world I grew up in...but I was 6, 40 years ago. It was a different world back then. You *could* do all those things back then, usually safely (although there were cases of abductions).

Just in case I'm not understanding your point of view...as your post seems to infer, are you suggesting that it's ok, even necessary, for a 6 year old to do all these things, in today's world?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member