Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That could be, as well. About when she went home, I'm still unclear on that. But yeah, her 16 year old brother wasn't there.

Perhaps her big brother was a protector at home too. I always wanted a big brother. I was the oldest, that was not always fun.

When he said the state crime lab would work 24/ 7 to get these samples processed, didn't he also follow that by saying it should take roughly 24 hrs? I may have missed something , but I thought he meant within 24 hrs the samples would all be done? But they don't even have them all, so what did I miss?

This does sound like a teenager did this. I think an older person would put her remains in the car and drive her out of that. Interesting it was along a pathway that kids use back there in the woods.

Great map, thanks!

There's a distance legend on the bottom that's 100 feet to give an idea how far it is she was found. 100 feet is so close.

That is what I used when I placed the red plus sign in the woods. That is approx 100 feet from the area that LE was seen going in and out of from the MH park. They went in and out right by the blue house in the bottom right corner of the park.

I would guess because they have to specifically test for a number of different potential substances as well as any readings that would help narrow down the TOD. I don't know how long the various tests take to run but I would imagine they aren't all instantaneous.

One thing I remember the spokesperson saying in response to a reporter's question of 'why are you doing blood work?' was (I'm paraphrasing) to see what substances may have been in her system at the time. So I am really, really wondering about the COD and whether maybe it wasn't as immediately apparent as we all think and fear.

To me, it sounded like he was tossing out examples why autopsy reports take awhile.

I would guess because they have to specifically test for a number of different potential substances as well as any readings that would help narrow down the TOD. I don't know how long the various tests take to run but I would imagine they aren't all instantaneous.

One thing I remember the spokesperson saying in response to a reporter's question of 'why are you doing blood work?' was (I'm paraphrasing) to see what substances may have been in her system at the time. So I am really, really wondering about the COD and whether maybe it wasn't as immediately apparent as we all think and fear.

BBM. The substances in her system could relate to food etc too. But, yeah I was wondering about that statement too.

Is the blue house near where the body was found - is that the abandoned one?? Anyone know which one was the abandoned home?

A nice single lady lives there....that now I think is horrified.

To me, it sounded like he was tossing out examples why autopsy reports take awhile.

Me too.

As the public information officer, is he not generally limited to knowledge that is being released to the public? In order to prevent a detective who knows everything from going up there and answering questions on the spot, at the risk of letting something pivotal slip? That's what I assumed. I may be completely wrong!

ie: He often says "I don't know, I'll have to ask and get back to you"

BBM: Doesn't this mean they have some DNA to compare to?

Back in the last thread there was discussion about the press briefing this morning and several heard the speaker say something about dna then backtrack quickly and say evidence. So I suspect there is dna evidence they can cross reference. I hope she fought and had skin under her fingernails. Don't really want to think about semen.

I'm wondering if Jenise tried to tag along with a big kid (or kids) who strongly discouraged her and who ended up hurting/killing her in the process. I guess I really want to think it was an accident (which would still be homicide), not murder.

I wonder the same. I can't imagine teens wanting a 6 yr old hanging around them. jmo

Anyone know if minors can be tried as adults in Washington State?

I go back and forth between they know who it is to they have no idea! IF they did know who it is maybe they are still collecting evidence or verifying witness accounts, but couldn't they arrest them and they are allowed to keep and question them for so long before charging them? Maybe more witnesses would come forward if the person was arrested.

Or another thought I had was they have an idea of who it is but it is more than 1 person, so they are waiting until they have enough evidence against everybody involved.

I kinda just feel like with a close knit community like this and a killer on the loose they would arrest someone quickly. Discussions on fb between the community have got very heated between family/ friends of J and people in the community that didn't know her.

When he said the state crime lab would work 24/ 7 to get these samples processed, didn't he also follow that by saying it should take roughly 24 hrs? I may have missed something , but I thought he meant within 24 hrs the samples would all be done? But they don't even have them all, so what did I miss?

I didn't watch, but when I read the recap I read it as each sample would take 24 hours to process (with multiple being able to be processed simultaneously). I'm sure they'll start with whoever is on top of their list....

What does that mean? That they are testing her blood to see if she had ingested drugs or something?

They always test to check for drugs and/or poisons. Sometimes perps drug their victims. Sometimes kids are killed via poisons.

They can also get a good DNA sample of her that way.

It's typical in the cases I have followed for LE not to release COD when an arrest has not been made. The recent murder of Maggie Daniels is one similar example.

Yup. If only the perp knows, but he (or she) tells confesses, then LE will know his confession has legs. Or if he tells a third party, and that third party talks to police, then LE will know if it is a viable tip.

I don't have a particularly strong feeling one way or another about the age of the killer.

I will say, that as a child/teen our 'gang' of neighborhood kids (wide range of ages) lived near a creek and woods. When you wanted to do something bad, the woods was the place we always went. As a kid/teen, you don't have much privacy or a place of your own (bedrooms are usually within earshot of parents) and the woods offered that privacy from adults.

Jenise being put in the woods does remind me of something a teen might do. Many posters have said if it was an adult with access to a vehicle, they would have driven her away and disposed of her elsewhere. I don't disagree with that idea, as it would decrease chances of Jenise being found. But another reason an adult would not drive Jenise away is if he did not want to risk her DNA/other evidence getting in his car.

I'm on the fence.

Or, if the adult was in a hurry to hide the body before anyone noticed or before he or she was expected somewhere. I mean, let's say some perp killed her in his house, like Kali Ann Poulton, but knew there would be searches soon and/or his or her spouse was due back any moment, or roommate or parent? Well, maybe they don;t have time to get in the car. So, the body is dumped 100 feet from the residential area.

A nice single lady lives there....that now I think is horrified.

How are you doing, ShadyLady? Being so close to all of this must be horrific for you. More so than for the rest of us. Too close to home.

I'm wondering if Jenise tried to tag along with a big kid (or kids) who strongly discouraged her and who ended up hurting/killing her in the process. I guess I really want to think it was an accident (which would still be homicide), not murder.

That had occurred to me too but it seems usually older kids ditch younger kids by doing things like playing hide and seek and then leaving when they are "hiding" and going somewhere else where they can't be found and bothered again. Of all the motives for homicide of a child, I don't know if I've ever seen a case where an older child was bored and irritated by a neighbor child continuously hanging around them.

They were collecting DNA before they actually found Jenise.

Does anyone know of any other cases where they have done this, collected DNA before finding the victim? To me that's very telling.

I'm sorry, here you go...

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213098357178031319243.0004ffd2253935735b6b5&msa=0

Link to map with where Jenise was found and her house, etc

Didn't I read there was a fence around the perimeter of the whole neighborhood? Was she found outside that area or did the fence extend down near the creek?

Some of my best childhood memories are playing in a creek, in the woods that bordered our neighborhood. So sad that kids cannot be kids anymore.

Back in the last thread there was discussion about the press briefing this morning and several heard the speaker say something about dna then backtrack quickly and say evidence. So I suspect there is dna evidence they can cross reference. I hope she fought and had skin under her fingernails. Don't really want to think about semen.

I am hanging on dearly to that thought too and/or that she bit her attacker(s)

Audi1, wait til the trial starts.:coffeews::anguish::anguish::waiting::laughcry::countsheep::lookingitup::gathering::floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500