WA - John, 43, & Christale Careaga, 37, & two 16yo sons slain, Bremerton, 28 Jan 2017

Sounds like one nasty home invasion. Look into disgruntled ex-employees...........this has the feel of both anger and the need for easy money stamped on it.

If the father was behind this, then burning the truck and the fourth victim was an attempt to buy some time...................which appears to be working.

This seems more like a rage killing though...........lots of bullets, lots of victims, and to what end ? Was the father driven around to ATM machines before he was shot to death ?

This is so horrible..not far from where I live and frequented the Taco restaurant. Very nice people, very sweet. I am just disgusted right now. Prayers for the family, friends and community. Prayers for the LE involved that they find the monsters asap...

Do we know the relationship the two 16 yos had to the family that owned the house? I am only asking as they have a different name than the female victim and the missing husband. I was thinking they were from another relationship and/or adoption/foster. TIA

Do we know the relationship the two 16 yos had to the family that owned the house? I am only asking as they have a different name than the female victim and the missing husband. I was thinking they were from another relationship and/or adoption/foster. TIA
It has been disclosed in local newspapers today, Johnathon F. Higgins, 16, was the son of the mother and Hunter E. Schaap, 16,
was the son of the father.

I work and live in the area. The husband looks super familiar, people talk about a restaurant/coffee place, maybe that is it.

My condolences to the friends and family. Terrible news, and I hope that the Sheriff is about to bring this to justice if needed.

The articles say this was a large blended family that lived at the house. I don't consider 4 to be particularly large, so who else lived there? It seems really strange that someone intent on wiping out the family would call 911. Could the victim in the truck be someone other than the father? And if the father, wouldn't it take more than one person to drive him to the second crime scene and burn the truck - one person to handle the victim and another person driving a second vehicle to leave the scene?

The articles say this was a large blended family that lived at the house. I don't consider 4 to be particularly large, so who else lived there? It seems really strange that someone intent on wiping out the family would call 911. Could the victim in the truck be someone other than the father? And if the father, wouldn't it take more than one person to drive him to the second crime scene and burn the truck - one person to handle the victim and another person driving a second vehicle to leave the scene?

It was reprted lastnight that the victim in the truck was in fact John Careaga, the father. All 4 murdered

Didn't these two parents have 9 children between the two of them ?

If he was 43, and she was about the same age, one or the other of them could conceivably have a child around 21--24 years old. I don't know if that is the case or not, but I saw somewhere where it was stated they had raised 9 kids.

In either case, we've got an outsider behind all of this carnage.

Didn't these two parents have 9 children between the two of them ?

If he was 43, and she was about the same age, one or the other of them could conceivably have a child around 21--24 years old. I don't know if that is the case or not, but I saw somewhere where it was stated they had raised 9 kids.

In either case, we've got an outsider behind all of this carnage.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxn...ide-washington-state-home-after-fire.amp.html

Careaga was the head of a large blended family that included seven children ranging in age from teenagers to young adults, Wilson said.

Sheriff’s investigators have determined that the four were murdered and that it was not a random act.

The sheriff has requested the assistance of the FBI, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, and the Washington State Patrol Crime Lab.

And the sheriff’s office issued this request on its Facebook page late Feb. 1: assistance from “anyone with video facing the roadway in the areas of the following roads between Friday (Jan. 27) at 7 p.m. until Sunday (Jan. 29) at 2 p.m.”:

Gold Creek Road
Bear Creek
Dewatto Road
Dewatto-Holly Road
Elfendahl Pass Road
Tahuya Blacksmith Road
Tee Lake Road

http://www.kitsapdailynews.com/news/sheriffs-department-seeking-video-of-roads-in-area-of-killings/

Detectives are hoping a $4,000 reward being offered by Crime Stoppers of Puget Sound will help give them the leads they need to solve the case.

“We want to hear all the information. Not just the good. If there`s some good, great. If there`s some bad, great. If it`s just the information about these individuals, that`s what we want to hear about,” Smith said.

Submit the information using the P3 Tips App on your phone or by calling 1-800-22-TIPS.

http://q13fox.com/2017/02/01/4000-r...ty-family-somebody-out-there-knows-something/

The motive behind these killings should be pretty interesting. It sounds as if the father was the target of the rage, but I'm curious as to why he was taken away from the house after the others had been shot and the house set on fire. It seems unlikely to me that one individual could have done all of this by himself. Of course, it is possible, but nobody seems to have tried to escape, nobody yelled to the neighbors for help, the father was obviously transported away from the home afterwards, the person who burned the truck would have been on foot, and there were a couple dozen bullets fired off at the house. To me, that all adds up to a "controlled" situation. I expect at least two arrests, and maybe even more.

Definitely sounds more like this was planned and not a spontaneous crime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.kitsapdailynews.com/news/sheriffs-department-seeking-video-of-roads-in-area-of-killings/

http://q13fox.com/2017/02/01/4000-r...ty-family-somebody-out-there-knows-something/

The motive behind these killings should be pretty interesting. It sounds as if the father was the target of the rage, but I'm curious as to why he was taken away from the house after the others had been shot and the house set on fire. It seems unlikely to me that one individual could have done all of this by himself. Of course, it is possible, but nobody seems to have tried to escape, nobody yelled to the neighbors for help, the father was obviously transported away from the home afterwards, the person who burned the truck would have been on foot, and there were a couple dozen bullets fired off at the house. To me, that all adds up to a "controlled" situation. I expect at least two arrests, and maybe even more.

I agree. It had to have been more than 1 person. I live very close to this, about a 10 minute drive, all wooded. The location of the burned truck was out FAR. I highly doubt the suspect was on foot. It would have been a very long walk back to his own vehicle. IMO atl the very least 2 suspects maybe more. I have no clue why this happened, but it's terribly sad..and IMO things seem very sketchy. JMO

to expand. it COULD Have been an inside job... there are a lot of dynamics in a blended family situation. sometimes kids are angry for one reason or another. sometimes exes are.

That was the first thing that crossed my mind after it was established that the father had also been murdered, either a disgruntled member of the family or an ex-husband. But there again, we have to go back to
the premise that it would've been very difficult for one person to have controlled all the victims by themselves. That means this family member would've had to get additional help, if for nothing else but to get a ride back into town.

I'm still leaning towards an ex-employee that was harboring a grudge. He was a businessman, and had likely hired and fired a few people throughout the years. Sometimes employees take being fired very personally......regardless if it came about due to their own actions. A lot of really dumb employees seem to believe that the owner of a business is literally rolling around in money due to watching the cash register intake all day. They never take into account the amount of overhead, inventory, employee wages, insurance, advertising, and social security wages he has to shell out, along with a myriad of other expenses. I say they're dumb because they have no idea how a business is run or what it takes to run one. All they see is a lot more money coming in than they take home in their check..........which to them is highly unfair.

For a misguided person like that to get a couple of his cohorts to help out during a home invasion probably wouldn't be all that difficult.....especially if there was the promise of a big payday as incentive.
I think what appears to be a lot of rage in these shootings was brought on by the frustration that there most likely was little or no money being kept inside of that home. The big payday and get-rich-quick scheme fell flat on it's face. That may also explain why the father was loaded up in a vehicle and taken elsewhere........continued coercion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back