WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
mb is origanally from tn, but was raised in wa most her life, and as far as sb knows she has no plan on moving back to tn

I love the use of the map with the photos! Works fantastic! It helps to be able to know exactly where they are taken to put everything into perspective. Thanks so much!!

The photos are incredible!

Ditto! Was heading for bed, nice surprise. Thanks

MikeB,

I appreciate your efforts to fly and photo the areas. Would love to meet up with you Thursday (think I saw you were coming to our town hall meeting). If possible could you bring photos with you so we can go over them together...thanks.

Thanks Brad for working to find Lindsey and all the other children who need help to find their way back home. I can tell from your siggy line that what you do tries to encompass everything and I think that is an excellent approach in solving crimes.

Oh, and WELCOME
disco.gif
to WS ;}

I've been busy. I don't know how well this is going to work but perhaps someone can check it out. Go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/7814456@N08/sets/72157622145620046/ and there will be a bunch of small pictures. Then click on the "map" tab and it will display where the photos are taken. Not sure if this is going to work. Please let me know if it works.

Dennis, I can go through and pull some shots that are representative and get some 11x14s made.

You're totally awesome Mike as are your photographs and I will start looking into the river. Seriously, I did spot a snag in one but it could be I want her to be found so bad.

A toast to all our wonderful WS
photographe-3032.gif
. XOX

MikeB,

I appreciate your efforts to fly and photo the areas. Would love to meet up with you Thursday (think I saw you were coming to our town hall meeting). If possible could you bring photos with you so we can go over them together...thanks.

Welcome :woohoo:

thank you for all that you are doing for our sweet Lindsey :blowkiss:

There is something you can do. I didn't place the Chehalis River photos on the map but they are in the middle of all the thumbnails on the first page. We need to go through the river pictures and, well, look for a body in the river. Pay careful attention to anywhere something might get hung up. You'll need to use the largest size photo. I believe it is 3000 by something. I did notice that you can actually see the bottom of the river in many places.

Thanks, Mike
Already searching! This really is an excellent idea and a way to cover a lot of area with so many eyes. It gets ahead of the ground search by pointing out areas of possible interest.

I spent hours and days searching for Steve Fossett (he was one of my heros) with the set up they had going at the time which was akin to an up-to-date Google Earth. It was a great way to do a search even if he wasn't found by that method. IIRC, they did find six other plane wrecks.

RIP Steve

ok....i had to deleate my last post.....i thought i might have seen something but hubby said what i thought i saw was too big compared to the trees and cars....so my question is .....what should i be looking for? (well i know its Lindsey).....but what would it look like? in these photo's?.....by the way these photo's are awesome!!!

OK, I should have had a more organized plan.

As you are going through the photos and you see something make a note of the picture number, should be something like 090824_03xx, and whatever looks suspicious. Post that information in the "aerial pics by MikeB" thread. Then I and others can scrutinize it. I have looked at a lot of aerial photos. I'm good at it. If it needs checked out further we can do that. That's why we are doing this.

And it's good that more than one set of eyes are looking.

Thanks. Good job!

I've been busy. I don't know how well this is going to work but perhaps someone can check it out. Go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/7814456@N08/sets/72157622145620046/ and there will be a bunch of small pictures. Then click on the "map" tab and it will display where the photos are taken. Not sure if this is going to work. Please let me know if it works.

Dennis, I can go through and pull some shots that are representative and get some 11x14s made.

Nice work Mike. Very nice with the mapping too. Gives one a good sense of where that all is.

OK, I should have had a more organized plan.

As you are going through the photos and you see something make a note of the picture number, should be something like 090824_03xx, and whatever looks suspicious. Post that information in the "aerial pics by MikeB" thread. Then I and others can scrutinize it. I have looked at a lot of aerial photos. I'm good at it. If it needs checked out further we can do that. That's why we are doing this.

And it's good that more than one set of eyes are looking.

Thanks. Good job!

Thank you Mike and everyone looking at the river photos. More than one eye is a very good thing here, because we are not experts. Here's the thread to the mikeb aerials: Arial pics by Mikeb - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

It is so nice to be able to do something physical for this search even though many of us are hundreds of miles away. Thank you mike for giving us this opportunity and for all you efforts to locate Lindsey.

Salem

mb is origanally from tn, but was raised in wa most her life, and as far as sb knows she has no plan on moving back to tn

Thank you ghost. This is exactly what I told the person who asked me about it.

I can't imagine MB moving back to Ten. I mean it's her business if she does and I wouldn't put her down for moving (I don't know if I could continue to live in the town my child disappeared in).

I seriously hate the "local rumor mill". I hope I put a stop to this one.

ok....i had to deleate my last post.....i thought i might have seen something but hubby said what i thought i saw was too big compared to the trees and cars....so my question is .....what should i be looking for? (well i know its Lindsey).....but what would it look like? in these photo's?.....by the way these photo's are awesome!!!
Yes, it is tricky. What I do is find a reference point in each photo so if an object appears to be out of place in the photo...I can judge the size by that reference point. I am looking for her clothing colors, too.

It was so much easier looking for a crashed airplane and parts than for a tiny little girl in these photos. However, it is not impossible. You have to make sure you have the photo set on the largest which is 3027 or Original size.

The photos are amazingly detailed thanks to Mike and his equipment.

I am seeing enough logs to build a cabin in that river. :waitasec:

I am seeing enough logs to build a cabin in that river. :waitasec:

my husbands boat keeps finding those logs too.. I wish the state would clear them but they are protected because the fish use them.

Darn fish costing me way to much money to repair the hubbys boat. LOL

I wondered how the boats navigated around them. Guess they don't according to your husband's boat. LOL

Here they tend to use whole trees for the fish to congregate and not stripped logs. So they are put in the water on purpose? I thought perhaps a logging truck spilled and they ended up there.

I wondered how the boats navigated around them. Guess they don't according to your husband's boat. LOL

Here they tend to use whole trees for the fish to congregate and not stripped logs. So they are put in the water on purpose? I thought perhaps a logging truck spilled and they ended up there.

Well most of the time the guys avoid them.. seems my husband is incapable of that. lol

The end up there naturally. Winds blow them down, the shore is washed away by currents.. that kind of thing.

Buy him a sonar thing for Xmas. ;)

Hey...I wonder if it would be a good idea to ask Tricia to invite help looking over Mike's photos. They should be examined throughly before Friday's search if at all possible. This leaves little time for so many photos and we need all the eyes we can get on it.

I'd rather sell his boat.

I plan to look over photos this afternoon when I have less interruptions (baby sitting the 19 month old grand daughter.. can't concentrate on photos yet. lol) but recruiting more wouldn't hurt.

I'd rather sell his boat.

I plan to look over photos this afternoon when I have less interruptions (baby sitting the 19 month old grand daughter.. can't concentrate on photos yet. lol) but recruiting more wouldn't hurt.

Consider me recruited! I have a couple of free hours, so I will peruse them. These photos are awesome, Mike. Let's find Lindsey.

mikeb ~

I am blown away with your selfless act of kindness. The time, money, and resources it took to take and organize these incredible pictures may prove to be invaluable. Perhaps this link should be shared with Grays Harbor Sheriff’s Detective Polly Davin at the Montesano HQ if it already hasn't.

To mikeb and all the other angels that will be in McCleary tomorrow & Friday our thanks, thoughts and prayers are with you all ~

angelblowingakisswv81-2.gif

from viewing the visual aids, maps pictures etc...

Take Wm McCleary RD
It turns into Old Olympic Hwy

Take it all the way down, there are to the left some buildings, not sure if there homes?
If those are personal homes, and not buildings of some kind
then perhaps don't bother looking there?......

Just an area of interest to me.
So i thought i would post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members