WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missing Washington Girl's Mother Thinks She's Alive, But Out of the Area
<snipped>
The mother of a missing 10-year-old Washington girl believes her daughter is alive but has been kidnapped and taken out of the area.

Melissa Baum said she thinks her little girl Lindsey, who vanished Friday night, was snatched and is no longer in their hometown.

"I don&#8217;t think she&#8217;s in McCleary. I don&#8217;t," Baum told The Daily World of Aberdeen, Wash. "Why would they keep her in McCleary? Whoever took her went on the freeway. There are three ways to get out of McCleary and all three ways there are freeways within five or 10 minutes."

Baum said she hasn't given up hope.

"I feel it in my heart that she&#8217;s alive," she told the paper. "I&#8217;m just trying really hard not to focus on the other things so I don&#8217;t fall apart. Because I know in my heart she&#8217;s still alive. But every hour that goes by, I just keep getting more and more anxious because how much time do we have left?"

The worried mother pleaded with whomever might have taken her daughter to let her go, according to the World.

Meanwhile, the hunt for the girl expanded on Tuesday. Searchers on horseback looked for signs of Lindsey in McCleary and on nearby trails in areas they could reach.

A dive team was called in to search through swamps and creeks, and a National Guard helicopter shot aerial photos that were being analyzed, the World reported. The FBI is helping in the search.

Article:
http://www.myfoxspokane.com/dpp/new...for_Signs_of_Missing_Washington_Girl_68343491

:angel:

Have we ever seen a concrete statement from LE in the media that Lindsey was not seen on the Shell gas station surveillance tapes? In every link I've seen so far it states they are "under review." Where did the information that she was not seen in the surveillance tapes come from? KK?

:confused:

I'll do some searching. I don't think LE has made a statement in a couple of days but I do remember reading about it.

What if Lindsay didn't take the shortest way home?

Last night we came upon a friend of Lindsay's, a poster named Mlechester, who lives on 1st St about a block from Lindsay's home.

This gal who is 30/31 yrs old and might have a son Lindsay's age was someone she had turned to for help to call 911 to report being abused at home. This is what the lady said so take a bit of salt with it, but was hardly a good mentor for Lindsay as posters found her involved with several sex sites on the internet.

This lady wrote two powerful posts, one telling of Lindsay being chased around by her brother brandishing a knife and choking her. Both these posts were posted at the end of the last thread.

Having already had an argument with her brother not long before her walk home, maybe she wanted to be in a comfort zone and thought she'd stop at Marilyn's house on the way home. It is just a thought. All Lindsay would have had to do is go south one more block before turning west to go straight up to this lady's house. She would have missed the camera at the Shell station IMO taking that route.

I think it would be a good thing to mark Marilyn's house on the map. I can pull up her address if someone can do this. It was in the 200 block of 1st st.

All IMO and hope Lindsay is found soon. ;}

ETA: This Marilyn was found to have 10 entries for District Court since 2006 for maybe 5 or 6 crimes, one of which was from mid Feb of this year where the Judge ordered a Writ of Restitution. She is also associated in some way, maybe just friends, with a SO in California where she had moved from up to McCleary.

I think everything we have learned about this lady puts her in a suspicious category regarding Lindsay's disappearance. I can't imagine that MPD hasn't read both her pointed posts and have investigated her and all connections to Lindsay she might have. Who knows though? We are only 5 days into this case and since LE has been centering so far on abduction, maybe they haven't concentrated on this Marilyn yet.

I could be way off base. Maybe there is something there to take a good look at ;}

posted by FifthEssence
pp 17 of Thread #1
post #417

"Here are the original posts in this thread with both MLAchester's comments she had written on the king5.com news site.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - WA-10 y/o Lindsey Baum, missing since 6/26/09
snipped:
"Lets look at the truth guys. This little girl was abused by her brother. He has choked her till she passed out chased her with kitchen knives and shovles. The McCleary police was called on the incidents and they took her back home CPS didn't even do anything for poor Lindsey. And her mom didn't treat her much better."

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - WA-10 y/o Lindsey Baum, missing since 6/26/09
mlachester 2 hours ago wrote:
NN1, AND SUMITHRYO, I am close to her and I know a lot more than the media or law enforcement are saying right now. As for Scanner, sorry if you don't like the truth but I have never been one to keep the truth in and she should of been taken the first time she called 911 from my house asking for help instead of put in a police car and taken back to her abuser."

Here is a link to this Marilyn's address on S 1st St:
http://whitepages.yellowpages.com/results.php?ReportType=34&qf=M&qi=0&qk=10&qn=Lachester&qs=WA&qz=98557

NG didn't have anything new about Lindsey. one of the talking heads said it was strange there is no scent from the dogs. He said a scent can stay around for about a month.

which makes me think we need to look harder at kara and Scott (which I can not find anything on GRRR)

NG didn't have anything new about Lindsey. one of the talking heads said it was strange there is no scent from the dogs. He said a scent can stay around for about a month.

which makes me think we need to look harder at kara and Scott (which I can not find anything on GRRR)

Just watched it.

IMO Melissa seemed to jump the gun' a bit (strangely) early w/repeatedly saying Lindsey isn't around + No Scent ..

What are Kara & Scott's ~full names ?

Nancy grace is P!ssing me off BIG TIME!!!!

I'll do some searching. I don't think LE has made a statement in a couple of days but I do remember reading about it.

Here is the article:
http://www.theolympian.com/southsound/story/896613-p2.html

snipped from article - (bolded by me)
Lindsey was wearing a gray or blue hooded pullover shirt and blue jeans. Investigators have reviewed surveillance video from the downtown Shell Station that Lindsey would have walked by on the way to Mommsen Road, but it turned up nothing, Scott said. Detectives are waiting for additional video surveillance from local businesses.

The article also has a quote from Undersheriff Scott saying that the witness who saw her on the way to work saw her about halfway home, which makes more sense after looking at the map.

snipped from article - (bolded by me)
The last person to see Lindsey was a resident driving through town who saw her walking on Maple Street between Fifth and Sixth streets around 9:15 p.m. – about the halfway point between the two homes, Scott said. People said light was waning but the sun hadn’t gone down.

I agree, no scent is interesting. Those dogs can pick up just about anything.
I wonder is it for sure her friend walked her part way home?

It may "feel" like two-thirds of the way home but is really a little more than halfway home. I think two-thirds is a stretch.

I agree. I think they're throwing the term 2/3 around kind of randomly. So, she was last seen almost but not quite to 3rd St. on Maple?

Seems like such a simple question for us to answer, and yet we can't trust any of the sources.:waitasec:

ETA, after reading distracted's link. Are we back to her last being seen between 5th and 6th St.?
mcclearymap-1.jpg

KK on the other site said that her daughter didn't walk lindsey part way home. that the media reported it wrong. she said her daughter just watched from the porch until lindsey made it to the end of the block.

reported by Undersheriff Scott

We have her coming back from the residence alone

http://www.thedailyworld.com/article...4694664243.txt

This link doesn't work for me.:confused: I may have to take a break for a while -- getting so frustrated that links don't even work.

ETA I don't mean I'm frustrated about links not working. I mean, my frustration is causing links to not work. Seems like I'm so frustrated I can no longer communicate coherently.

Have we ever seen a concrete statement from LE in the media that Lindsey was not seen on the Shell gas station surveillance tapes? In every link I've seen so far it states they are "under review." Where did the information that she was not seen in the surveillance tapes come from? KK?

:confused:

Syttende: I put together a time-line (small as it is) in the last thread and I put Lindsey was not seen on surveillance tapes at the Shell station. The information was in two updates posted on the thread..one was by Angel. If there are two different routes out there, the sleuthers on this site will figure out what is needed for both sites...I'm so impressed with the hard work and quest for facts.

I agree. I think they're throwing the term 2/3 around kind of randomly. So, she was last seen almost but not quite to 3rd St. on Maple?

Seems like such a simple question for us to answer, and yet we can't trust any of the sources.:waitasec:

ETA, after reading distracted's link. Are we back to her last being seen between 5th and 6th St.?
mcclearymap-1.jpg

Hi STEADFAST, Thanks for that map. I wanted to point out there are many streets there that seem to disappear as they are not highlighted. If she took an alternate way home it would have been on those streets if she was going to stop by Marilyn's house which is right about where 1st street takes that sharp bend to the south.

Hi STEADFAST, Thanks for that map. I wanted to point out there are many streets there that seem to disappear as they are not highlighted. If she took an alternate way home it would have been on those streets if she was going to stop by Marilyn's house which is right about where 1st street takes that sharp bend to the south.

But she was seen on Maple. Are you referring to streets south of Mommsen going east/west? There's Pine St., but there aren't streets in between. Being Washington State, though, there are probably alleys in there somewhere.

Here's the closest I can get google maps to go.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...52,-123.265657&spn=0.003267,0.009645&t=h&z=17

mcclearymap-1.jpg

No, I think it was near the intersection of Maple and Third, almost halfway home.

Couple things for the maps...
Not sure it is correct. Zillow shows Baum's home near the intersection of Birch and Mommsen.

KaraK said Marilyn moved from the house on 1st (343 S. 1st)

No, I think it was near the intersection of Maple and Third, almost halfway home.

Then why would the link say specifically
The last person to see Lindsey was a resident driving through town who saw her walking on Maple Street between Fifth and Sixth streets around 9:15 p.m. –

You know what would have really helped? If Google had just sent one of their little camera cars around McCleary. We could have compared houses on street view to pictures in people's myspaces and etc. I mean, they've blanketed the whole US and lots of the rest of the world, but they couldn't drive down a few streets in McCleary??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member