WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #7

Can we move on to the threats? Were they directed towards Lindsey? Were they violent in nature?

No SS. Shel did not want to talk about him. I pressed her a little, but she seemed to shy away when I asked her about the brother much. The threat was an arson threat against a neighbor. She said they caught him there with matches in hand and confirmed that he has been in juvenile detention. One other thing she mentioned is that Lindsey's mom still lets him ride his bike around town, just like he did before.

Me neither Kimster. My jaw is on the floor!!

Thanks so much for your sleuthing Cyberswept. It is a veritable quandry of info we have taken in today, and learning there is a good possibility that even her zip up sweatshirt was found, plus a shoe is advancing the case for us up a big notch IMO. TA ;}

Well in all honestly I stumbled on this, but as soon as my wife mentioned Shel knew some details about the case, my WS meter hit 10!

No SS. Shel did not want to talk him. I pressed her a little, but she seemed to shy away when I asked her about the brother much. The threat was an arson threat against a neighbor. She said they caught him there with matches in hand and confirmed that he has been in juvenile detention. One other thing she mentioned is that Lindsey's mom still lets him ride his bike around town, just like he did before.
How strange she would let him take off on his bike after his sister went missing! It is kind of disturbing to me. I wonder if his mother is afraid to tell him he can't do things or if he simply does what he wants to do and is allowed?

He does sound like a troubled boy. Arson is nothing to take lightly. I do hope LE was very intense with him when he was questioned since it appears he probably knows how to "work the system" by now.

Whatever you all think. I am still learning here and don't want to expose a child's identity or violate any rules.
Yes, we probably should edit out that part then. You should probably go back and delete post #383, too. (If you need help deleting just ask!)

I would ask everyone who quoted you to do the same! Thanks, Guys!! :)

Can we move on to the threats? Were they directed towards Lindsey? Were they violent in nature?

I call my open backed/open toed shoes flip flops because my kids kept freaking when I called them "thongs". LOL Mules are one kind of open backed shoe tho.
(also called "Slides"-sorry,OT)

Not clear. The sweatshirt jacket was found in some bushes behind the Shell station, and one shoe was found near the jacket but within sight of her house?

Finding the sweatshirt and flip-flop/slip-on would explain why LE began classifying her disappearance as an abduction rather than a runaway.

OK That was worth staying awake for, Cyber!!!! Way to GO!!

I am quite excited about her jacket and flip flops! (Bridge!) This would coincide with the theory that she did make it almost to her house and was being chased and/or fought hard before the abduction. If that is the case then LE does have a crime scene which is great news. They should also have been able to find other evidence such as broken fingernails etc. If possible, Touch DNA testing could prove to be effective on her jacket.

Boy, 5 drunk driving arrests does sound like a familiar character! I bet that man would be walking now to buy beer. ;) I can't imagine him having a drivers license anymore, but I bet he still has a car.

I think it would be OK to discuss the threats made by the brother and witnessed by the person you talked to about them. (As long as we don't mention his name since he is a minor!) Every detail about the brother which could play into this case should be fine. Shel being afraid of him tells me a lot already. I would like to hear more!

Glad you did your Honeydos first, Cyber~ Better keep that lil Mrs. happy so she will let you hang out with us! LOL

Great job on talking to Shel. You got some excellent information to share and today has been a feast here!! We have truly got some of the best sleuths on WS!! Super Sleuths!! Woohoo!!! What a Sunday it has been!!

A DITTO on everything SS said, Cyber. I couldn't have written it better and so you're getting it twice over. LOL I'm pooped but so encouraged there is something cookin' for Lindsey. Justice is what I'm talkin' about. ;}

Now I have to go to the SO thread and see who this 5x :loser: is. xox

Uhm...Cyber? Now you have to delete the post before this one, too...since you quoted me about that thing which we shouldn't mention here which I deleted from my post earlier. ;) LOL

Not clear. The sweatshirt jacket was found in some bushes behind the Shell station, and one shoe was found near the jacket but within sight of her house?

That particular information really bothers me. The bike was retrieved from behind the Shell station a few days after she disappeared. Did she go back there to take it home? Wouldn't the cameras have caught her back there?

Yes, in other words...the jacket came off closer to the Shell station probably in the area of the Park n Ride. The shoe they found further up towards her house which would be right in the area of the bridge.

A DITTO on everything SS said, Cyber. I couldn't have written it better and so you're getting it twice over. LOL I'm pooped but so encouraged there is something cookin' for Lindsey. Justice is what I'm talkin' about. ;}

Now I have to go to the SO thread and see who this 5x :loser: is. xox

Can someone give us some initials for this person who has 5 DUIs?

I'm officially freaking out, because yesterday when I was thinking about what all of you guys were saying about the park, I was imagining, OK, if I were Lindsey and was being chased by someone in the park, what would I do? And I could visualize her trying to hide. What else could you do if you were isolated?

Yes, in other words...the jacket came off closer to the Shell station probably in the area of the Park n Ride. The shoe they found further up towards her house which would be right in the area of the bridge.

Would that be "your" bridge? The one you've been talking about?

That particular information really bothers me. The bike was retrieved from behind the Shell station a few days after she disappeared. Did she go back there to take it home? Wouldn't the cameras have caught her back there?
I thought the bike was retrieved by the brother right after the fight? I must have missed something.

The cameras are only trained on the pumps and one towards the street sort of...no mention of cameras behind the station at all.

I'm officially freaking out, because yesterday when I was thinking about what all of you guys were saying about the park, I was imagining, OK, if I were Lindsey and was being chased by someone in the park, what would I do? And I could visualize her trying to hide. What else could you do if you were isolated?
Personally, I think she was running like hell.

ETA: I guess hiding would make sense after running far enough to get away a bit. However, it doesn't make sense to me since her jacket was by the station unless she took it off herself. She would have to be quite a distance away from him to hide.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11
Back