WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
got to get some sleep...those of you in the heat, please take good care and hydrate well. I'm in a suburb of Chicago and it's mid-50's tonight and said to get about mid 70's tomorrow. Seems that Planet Earth is looking to achieve equilibrium in its temps. Unusually cool in the Midwest and so very hot in the Western states. :confused:

Scandi - I will look up the info about 'advanced scent dogs' tomorrow on the research data bases at work. I had no idea such 'state of the art' dogs were being used. Thanks for the info. Hoping to hear something - anything regarding Lindsey tomorrow...hope they search again!

http://www.google.com/search?q=site:thedailyworld.com+"often+comes+an+up-tick+in"&hl=en&filter=0

-> Cached

I tried to pull another one out of cache but wasn't able to. Could be re/moved.

Sometimes certain news sites never make the full article publically available.

Another tip is to do a similar seach ^ w/out specifying site:

Warmer weather brings spate of crime to the area
BY JACOB JONES
The Daily World
Saturday, June 27, 2009 1:15 AM PDT

With warmer weather, police officers know, often comes an up-tick in property crimes as people wander the summer streets looking for loot.

Police and residents said they have noticed some increases in vehicle prowls, burglaries and other thefts in recent weeks from areas near Sam Benn Park to East Hoquiam to Aberdeen Lake.

“It’s burglary season,” said Capt. John Green with the Aberdeen Police Department.

Officers have noticed a slight increase in items going missing from cars while burglaries of commercial businesses has also gone up.

“We’ve seen an increase in them over the last month or so,” he said.

This week he listed a wide range of new crimes reported, from a ransacked office at the Grays Harbor Community Hospital East Campus to cars missing CDs. A home on the edge of Aberdeen Lake was also burglarized.

Another person reported a trailer loaded with two jet-skis had disappeared.

Green said the department has stepped up patrols in several areas and added other efforts to stem the increase.

“We’re going to get a little more aggressive,” he said, without wanting to disclose too many details.

Green said the rise could be a sign of the warm weather, economic downturn or a group of criminals becoming more active. The incidents do not seem to just be the neighborhood kid, but is likely fueled by drug addiction, according to Green.

Hoquiam Deputy Police Chief Jim Maloney said the city saw a dramatic increase in vehicle prowls earlier this year, but those reports have dropped again after increased patrols in East Hoquiam.

“We definitely aren’t having the number we were having,” he said.

Jennifer Brook, who lives along Hanna Avenue in Aberdeen, said she was headed out in the morning and found her car had been stolen.

“The car was gone,” she said. “They took my car seats, everything’s gone.”

Others have reported valuables and wallets missing from cars. Convenience stores and other small businesses have also been struck with a small rise in burglaries.

“They’re kind of all over,” he said.

Authorities recommend citizen lock up personal property and do not leave valuables in vehicles. Park vehicles in well-lit areas.

Brook, who said she is now struggling with replacing her family’s vehicle, was shocked to suddenly find herself a victim.

“I can’t believe this is happening here,” she said.

I clicked on the links.. and it's telling me i have to pay to read them.

That's crappy.

Me too...it's the first time I've been told I have to pay for such recent articles...

I've never had to pay...unless the article is pretty old...is there something I could maybe try to look up in there for you?

Hi McCleary, Sometimes I think of you sitting in your place with all the trees behind you, looking over on your precious little town. It is like you are the guardian for us all with positive thoughts, hoping that Lindsey will be found soon. And somehow your thoughts join with our other dear McClearyites and together it is a mighty positive force for her and her coming back home.

I do think the heat has teched my mind tonight and am fading. See you tommoz ;}

got to get some sleep...those of you in the heat, please take good care and hydrate well. I'm in a suburb of Chicago and it's mid-50's tonight and said to get about mid 70's tomorrow. Seems that Planet Earth is looking to achieve equilibrium in its temps. Unusually cool in the Midwest and so very hot in the Western states. :confused:

Scandi - I will look up the info about 'advanced scent dogs' tomorrow on the research data bases at work. I had no idea such 'state of the art' dogs were being used. Thanks for the info. Hoping to hear something - anything regarding Lindsey tomorrow...hope they search again!

LOL It's 'enhanced' scent dogs, and I sure wish I was in Chicago tonight visiting you. ;} Nite All xox

Holding a cold pack against the carotids really helps. The blood is cooled as it travels from the heart. This sometimes helps when I have a headache too!
Be careful not to press ice against skin for more than a few seconds at most (brings back memories of shoulder tendonitis from swimming practices-heat before, ice after).

The heat you guys are having reminds me of a tragedy a friend of mine went through last summer. We were having our own heat wave and her son went running with his Aunt. He was prob mildly dehydrated bef he went and didn't drink enough while he was running. He was 12 y/o and collapsed and died from heat exhaustion.

Take care

try hitting the cached link again i had to re-edit it

that's sad christee :/

nope still not working jvk.....:)

are you able to read it?

ITA on the cold packs, especially holding something cold against the carotids, the blood is cooled as it travels from the heart, this sometimes helps when I have a headache too!
Be careful not to press ice against skin for more than a few seconds at most (brings back memories of shoulder tendonitis from swimming practices-heat before, ice after).

The heat you guys are having reminds me of a tragedy a friend of mine went through last summer. We were having our own heat wave and her son went running with his Aunt. He was prob mildly dehydrated bef he went and didn't drink enough while he was running. He was 12 y/o and collapsed and died from heat exhaustion.

Take care

awwww (((hugs))) :blowkiss:

Police officer, dog injured during search
BY JACOB JONES - The Daily World
Friday, June 26, 2009 12:33 PM PDT

Sgt. Jeff Salstrom and the police dog Enno with the Hoquiam Police Department were injured in a fall while tracking a suspected car thief in Aberdeen early this morning.

Chief Jeff Myers said in a news release Salstrom and Enno were on a call along the 900 block of Anderson Drive to help locate a suspect who had fled into the brush. They fell while tracking the suspect along a steep embankment near Cannon Street above the 2300 block of West Fifth Street shortly before 1 a.m. today.

“Sgt. Salstrom and Enno lost their footing in the heavy brush and fell down a nearby sharp embankment followed by an approximate 15 foot drop-off,” Myers wrote.

Both suffered significant injuries. Salstrom was taken to Grays Harbor Community Hospital while Enno was treated at the Raintree Veterinarian Clinic.

The hospital listed Salstrom in satisfactory condition this morning. Myers said other officers visited Salstrom throughout the morning and he was up and talking.

“He’s doing well,” Myers said.

The chief said both Salstrom and Enno are expected to recover after some time off.

The incident started with two suspicious vehicles speeding along the 2700 block of Aberdeen Avenue at about 12:40 a.m., Myers wrote in the release. An Aberdeen officer stopped on of the drivers, who reported he was trying to follow a man who had stolen his mother’s car.

Additional officers responded and found the car abandoned on Anderson Drive, Myers said. Salstrom and Enno responded to assist with the search.

Police found a man hiding in nearby brush several hours later and arrested him on suspicion of drug possession, Myers wrote. They are still investigating whether the man was involved in the car theft. He has refused to give his name or answer questions.

He has been booked into the Aberdeen City Jail.

http://74.6.146.127/search/cache?ei...y+this+morning"&d=F0KyhxlMTGWu&icp=1&.intl=us

ok....my little man needs his mommy to rock him to sleep....if im not back on tonight ...i will see you all later tomorrow.....

and thank you so much jvk!!!

Hi McCleary, Sometimes I think of you sitting in your place with all the trees behind you, looking over on your precious little town. It is like you are the guardian for us all with positive thoughts, hoping that Lindsey will be found soon. And somehow your thoughts join with our other dear McClearyites and together it is a mighty positive force for her and her coming back home.

I do think the heat has teched my mind tonight and am fading. See you tommoz ;}

LOL It's 'enhanced' scent dogs, and I sure wish I was in Chicago tonight visiting you. ;} Nite All xox

LOL...

If you want the truth, I got on here and started posting not only because I want Lindsey (and if she was taken, whatever sicko too her) found...but also because I got tired of the media and other sites having locations, names and facts wrong. I do my best to help people "see" the town and the surrounding area, and give as many facts as I can, sharing my opinion only when I think it might help.

Goodnight friends! I think my little portable A/C is going to work well enough to allow me to get some sleep!

Good grief you guys with the heat issues. Put your wrist under the cold water faucet it will bring down your body temp. Take a cold shower and get your hair wet, that works best. I have been florida for years so famiiiar with lots of heat. buy a kiddie pool and go jump in. lol

O/T: Maybe they should all opt for frozen brass bras instead? It could become WA's latest fashion craze. (Hey...I could market these! hehehe Victoria's Secret missed selling ta ta coolers. ;))

BOMBSHELL: Washington Women Break Out their "Witty Titches Brass Bras" To Stay Cool During Heat Wave! Film At 11:00pm!

Playing *major catchup here (Strep didn't go away - on new stronger meds & bedrest) - and I am *very relieved to finally see some news breaking regarding searches (why wasn't this done at this level earlier?). I sincerely hope everyone and especially those hard working pooches got cooled down ok! {{Kudos}} to them!!!! :clap:

In reading your posts regarding the apparently insufferable heat over West Coast Way, I am as always - amazed and in awe of my fellow sleuthers ingenuity and creativeness in ways of escaping the heat!!! Ice, Coolers, Herbal Packs, *Ice Bras??? :applause: Here I am, can barely move, can't swallow, and I'm ***croaking w/laughter! Does this count as bed rest?) Ok back to catching up........and sincerely hoping and praying for a major break in this case! Lindsey needs to be found, *yesterday! :praying:

I thought that the scanner links may come in handy for this case & many other cases at times of activity going on in them! I included a link to find any throughout the country too! :wink:

Live Police & Fire Scanner
Story Published: Oct 17, 2008 at 7:46 PM PDT
Story Updated: Jun 22, 2009 at 10:04 AM PDT
Listen live to police and fire incidents throughout Seattle as they happen.

Snohomish County online scanner
http://www.geocities.com/mltradio/

Kitsap County online scanner
http://web.kitsapsun.com/html/scanner.html

Snohomish County online scanner (Sheriff and fire departments)
http://www.daronjohnson.com/SnohomishCountyFeed/

King County online scanner (Vallycom - Fire and EMS)
http://www.kcfpd47.com/VC_Feed/

Thurston County online scanner
http://tcwa.incidentbroadcast.com/

Other scanner feeds around the country
http://www.police-scanner.info/live-police-scanners.htm

Link:
http://www.komonews.com/news/content/scanner

:angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics