WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the searches conducted yesterday didn't turn up anything major or we surely would have heard something about the activity. I guess Pierce was brought in for "fresh eyes" which is always a good thing.

I wonder if they checked around the darn bridge this time?! LOL I want them to aggressively chop down the folliage for a better look. (They really need to clean it up anyway since kids are playing so close!)

Snipped for space
My suspicions, personally, and only imo, are that, or "is" that, if LB is anywhere in McCleary, KAYDENCE, her loving partner, would have already smelled her presence.

... she won't hire the experienced equi...whatever, because I believe that one of the requirements of that group is to admit that the child is possibly dead.

Texas Equuisearch also searches for live people. They search, regardless. There have been a few cases where the evidence pointed to the fact that the person was no longer alive (Caylee), so searches went where a body would be found instead of where a live person might be hiding, hidden, etc.

Check out their website: http://texasequusearch.org/category/about/

Salem

Morning, Coffee and my first cold shower of many today! Considering LE didn't report their activities till noon yesterday I'm wondering if they will return today as reported yesterday. Has anyone in Mc Cleary heard anything today? If LE is out and about on such a dangerously hot day, those actions would tell me something is definately brewing in town. Scandi, I just read the threads since logging off and your knowledge of search dogs is so imformative. Did they use water cadaver dogs in the initial search?

Good grief you guys with the heat issues. Put your wrist under the cold water faucet it will bring down your body temp. Take a cold shower and get your hair wet, that works best. I have been florida for years so famiiiar with lots of heat. buy a kiddie pool and go jump in. lol

A basin of as cool of water as you can stand for your feet will cool your whole body off :). Just sit with your feet in, make sure to drink water all day long. I've lived in TX for the last 9 years. It gets mightly hot here :D

Originally Posted by Normcar21
My suspicions, personally, and only imo, are that, or "is" that, if LB is anywhere in McCleary, KAYDENCE, her loving partner, would have already smelled her presence.

... she won't hire the experienced equi...whatever, because I believe that one of the requirements of that group is to admit that the child is possibly dead.
TES has only run up against this situation in the A fam case. They did not want TES to search in areas where evidence could be found, imo, such as their backyard. They did everything in the world to prevent TES or anyone else from finding Caylee...IMO.

TES starts at the last known location and works their way out in a grid pattern...but they also go where LE directs them. If LE is adamant the area they searched is clear, TES will move on to other places. Any missing child search has to include the possibilty that the child is dead. Searchers have to look EVERYWHERE, but it doesn't mean the family has to give up their hope for the child to be found alive.

Morning, Coffee and my first cold shower of many today! Considering LE didn't report their activities till noon yesterday I'm wondering if they will return today as reported yesterday. Has anyone in Mc Cleary heard anything today? If LE is out and about on such a dangerously hot day, those actions would tell me something is definately brewing in town. Scandi, I just read the threads since logging off and your knowledge of search dogs is so imformative. Did they use water cadaver dogs in the initial search?
As far as I know, a cadaver dog is trained to detect human decomposition which includes coming from the water. When the gasses from a body underwater come to the surface...the dog can hit on the scent as easily as if on land. I don't believe there is special training for dogs to alert on the water, but I could be wrong.

It is unclear if they used cadaver dogs early on, but it would have been a mistake if they did not. Within two days or before, the dogs could find decomp.

I guess the searches conducted yesterday didn't turn up anything major or we surely would have heard something about the activity. I guess Pierce was brought in for "fresh eyes" which is always a good thing.

I wonder if they checked around the darn bridge this time?! LOL I want them to aggressively chop down the folliage for a better look. (They really need to clean it up anyway since kids are playing so close!)

Morning SS ~ Do you know which video Tuba is referring to in her most recent post regards the search and Lindsey's backyard? I've searched Angel Who Cares posts and looked on my own, and I'm not seeing anything like she describes. She indicates it's "recent".

Thanks so much ~

My son and I talked on MSN this morning.. temps in Iraq are 120 and he's been dealing with that, the sand, bombs, IEDs, bad food, stinky water and lack of sleep for a year.

I don't think I can complain anymore about a few days of ungodly hot weather.

Morning SS ~ Do you know which video Tuba is referring to in her most recent post regards the search and Lindsey's backyard? I've searched Angel Who Cares posts and looked on my own, and I'm not seeing anything like she describes. She indicates it's "recent".

Thanks so much ~
Hmmm...I haven't seen Tuba's post so I don't know. Let me check it out.

ETA: Tuba mentions it was seen on HLN, but nothing specific so I would assume this is part of a video where they are doing an interview with MB maybe and only showed a snippet of the yard area. I guess you should ask Tuba.

As far as I know, a cadaver dog is trained to detect human decomposition which includes coming from the water. When the gasses from a body underwater come to the surface...the dog can hit on the scent as easily as if on land. I don't believe there is special training for dogs to alert on the water, but I could be wrong.

It is unclear if they used cadaver dogs early on, but it would have been a mistake if they did not. Within two days or before, the dogs could find decomp.
Morning SS! Keep us delierious hot members on track today! Do you remember when they brought in extra special water cadavar dogs in Caylee Anthony case? Where is Scandi for info? Bet she's doing a "cool down"! Wouldn't that be great to ex out waterways? I may be off the mark but don't we have some of the best trained dogs in search & rescue here in the Pacific N.W.? Would love to know if this true for trained cadaver dogs as well?

My son and I talked on MSN this morning.. temps in Iraq are 120 and he's been dealing with that, the sand, bombs, IEDs, bad food, stinky water and lack of sleep for a year.

My son leaves for the sandbox the end of Aug. I am so not looking forward to it!

My son leaves for the sandbox the end of Aug. I am so not looking forward to it!

I am so sorry to hear that. Internet is expensive over there but so worth it. I was able to keep in contact with my son via Myspace, MSN messenger and emails. Made it seem like he was across the country.. not the world.

I'll keep you and your son in my thoughts and prayers.

Morning SS! Keep us delierious hot members on track today! Do you remember when they brought in extra special water cadavar dogs in Caylee Anthony case? Where is Scandi for info? Bet she's doing a "cool down"! Wouldn't that be great to ex out waterways? I may be off the mark but don't we have some of the best trained dogs in search & rescue here in the Pacific N.W.? Would love to know if this true for trained cadaver dogs as well?
I guess dogs that are trained to search water are considered "subspecialty" dogs. Interesting.

I keep checking the news pages.. no new news on Lindsey or searches.

this is getting very frustrating!

Man exposes himself to girls in library
Story Published: Jul 29, 2009 at 9:23 AM PDT
Story Updated: Jul 29, 2009 at 9:37 AM PDT
By Valerie Hurst KATU News and KATU.com Staff
Video

PORTLAND, Ore. – Police on Wednesday were still searching for a man who exposed himself to two 5-year-old girls at the Beaverton City Library earlier this week.

It happened about 6:45 p.m. Monday in the children’s section of the library, located on Southwest 5th Street near Southwest Hall Boulevard, according to Detective Pam Yazzolino, a Beaverton police spokeswoman.

The mother of one of the girls told investigators she was sitting no more than six feet from her daughter and the girl’s friend when her daughter called out that a man was exposing himself, Yazzolino said. He was within touching distance of the girls.

The mother said she jumped up from her chair, and, with an infant in her arms, chased the man through the library, Yazzolino said. When the woman reached the front doors, another patron took over the chase while calling 911 on a cell phone, she said. The suspect got away, however.

Police described the suspect as white, between the ages of 18 and 25 with blond hair, stubble on his face and a “dirty appearance.” He was wearing an orange T-shirt, khaki shorts and prescription glasses.

Police were expected to release surveillance video from the incident later Wednesday.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/51996547.html

my 20 year old son is there also...and is soon to be home....he was suppose to be back in the states already.....but at the last min......they had him stay a bit longer....now im waiting to hear when he will be leaving.....no date yet...they havent told him yet.....ugg...he works at the hospital there at the large air force base.....so he does get a bit of cool air once in awhile....he said its been so hot...and they have to keep fully suited up.....he said he goes to bed soaked.....

sorry....OT

its very hot today.....i wonder if they will be searching today?...its already 85 at 11:00 am :eek:

I guess dogs that are trained to search water are considered "subspecialty" dogs. Interesting.

Water cadaver dogs are picking up on the same gases but it requires a dog that can sit still and focus for long periods of time (in the boat) versus the dogs that cover miles of ground and are on the move. The big difference comes in with the handler that has to understand water movement, currents, and how that relates to where the dog finds the gases on the waters surface in relation to where that would place the body.

Hi there! No news on Lindsey? Wonder what yesterday was all about?

I can't share ongoing research that hasn't been presented or published. Here is what I can share:

I looked up cadaver dogs on our research bases and found that the 'death scent', decomposition, is what almost all cadaver dogs are trained for. The variation comes from training dogs for different settings...water, mountains, natural human disasters such as earth quakes, hurricanes, 9/11 etc. (as noted by other posters) We, as humans, once dead, emit the same decomp scent which is a combination of gases and other odors. Yes, we have variations in the death scent - there are chemicals affecting the way we sweat and release hormones...diseases that affect metabolism which may cause variations in the death scent (perhaps what Scandi was referring to). In almost all reviews thus far, the necessity of searching for a dead body takes precedence over the extravagant and even more costly cadaver training that would be necessary in finding a 'specific' decomposing body. As far as I can tell, cadaver dogs looking for specific humans based on specific scents is far too complex and costly. I'm sure the future will hold different scenarios.

In the medical arena: dogs can detect and alert to an oncoming seizure; wacky blood sugar levels (diabetes); disease states such as cancer; and a myriad of other medical anomalies. A dogs incredible ability to detect even the tiniest changes in sweat glands, hormones, tissue destruction etc. make the dog truly a man's best friend. mho Research about cats is equally as fascinating. Seems that animals have brilliance that humans have yet to place an IQ on. mho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member