WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did everyone read this?

I keep seeing the same thing when an article talks about COD; there seems to be a huge focus on the fact that blunt trauma contributed to her death. Maybe they know for a fact that she was knocked unconscious?

I keep seeing the same thing when an article talks about COD; there seems to be a huge focus on the fact that blunt trauma contributed to her death. Maybe they know for a fact that she was knocked unconscious?

I see your point.

If the blunt force trauma to the head was severe enough she could have been dead before she was choked or stabbed her body just did not know it. It would be similar to someone having severe stroke or an aneurysm and their body still functions just without brain activity.

This could also explain why there is no DNA for an attacker. If she was unconscious when she was manually strangled and stabbed she would not have fought back, no DNA under the finger nails. This could be why they do not have a suspect, less contact with the body.

I think this will become an important issue. IMO it means that the autopsy scientifically proved that the two events that ended her life were manual strangulation and stabbing. IMO they have forensic proof of this from the autopsy.

They may not have direct forensic evidence that the blunt trauma directly caused death, but IMO they can prove that it contributed to it.

If this turns out to be an act involving more than one perp in the murder, than the DA and LE can charge anyone who inflicted any of those injuries with murder, JMHO.

Some women have problems with their daughters due to jealousy. I know for most of us moms that sounds bizarre but I've seen it. I had a friend whose mother would go to jail ( and literally did) for her son but wouldn't even come to her own daughters birthday party. Sounds like MC's mother had that issue... she was hanging with a younger married man and wasn't interested in who her daughter was seeing or what was really going on with her for at least a year and a half. Maybe the psychiatrists or therapists among us can tell us what that "jealousy" is called.... JMHO...

I've seen this with my own two eyes. My daughter in law has 2 brothers that can do no wrong and her parents will do everything in the world for them, including the youngest who is a meth addict. She was left pretty much to make her own way with no help from them, even in HS. Her parents are educated. One is a HS teacher and the other a HS counselor! It's bizarre!

Is there anybody that knows the family that knows if there was something unusual that happened when MC was born? Something that would have kept mother and baby from bonding?

I'd argue that we don't have a single piece of concrete evidence that supports the JF theory either.

I understand what you're saying and agree, but I just keep coming back to the fact that he and WC were the only people specifically mentioned in reports undergoing questioning by the FBI. RC or his fiancee weren't mentioned specifically, neither was the BF. Not to say that they weren't questioned, I'm quite sure they were. But for it to be specifically mentioned is compelling. In many cases it turns out that primaries mentioned early on as being questioned turn out to be the perp(s).

But no, we don't have any concrete evidence or statements at this time.

IMO, I don't think that explains or excuses the fact that WC never even met JV during the nearly 2-years they were dating. It's one thing to argue that WC simply didn't approve of JV due to the age difference. That's understandable. I'm sure RC initially felt the same way. But to never meet, see, or talk to her daughter's boyfriend during their entire 20-month relationship is absolutely bewildering. It reeks of an uninvolved mother.

I totally agree, as do other rumors we've heard about her involvement.

ETA- or lack thereof!

Once again, Del, you seem to have an information monkey on your back. I wish I knew what you know about this case.

I can imagine there would have been some disruption and drama that might have included JF's non-blissful wedded partner??????

Let's not go down that path (b/c it will start to involve innocent people relative to MC's case).

Thanks,

Hoppy

Is there anybody that knows the family that knows if there was something unusual that happened when MC was born? Something that would have kept mother and baby from bonding?

Again, we're not going to go down that path in this forum. It caused problems before.

Thanks,

Hoppy

Puff,
Could you put the cell tower info on the timeline please.

I was also thinking it might be cool if someone could align Puf's map with this cell tower map, to show the cell phone towers that were near MC's reported locations that day. :)

Important to note, and I believe I read a comment in a post earlier about no witnesses placing Mackenzie @ the Boat Ramp...cell pings don't place the phone like GPS with an exact location...they place the phone in a 120degree (1/3 of a circle) area within a few miles of the cell tower that carried its transmission. When the cell towers are close they can be more exact...but not as specific as a boat ramp. QUOTE

I was just speaking with Mr. Bond and I asked him if the texts could be more precise than just a ping in regards with the boat launch location his answer in short was no. I sent him a map and other info and I am hoping he will join us again. He asked if puff could post the cell tower info on the timeline so we could start to narrow it down.
Please join us Mr. Bond!!

"He also said that detectives have not been able to determine if the killer was someone Cowell knew or was a stranger."

Whut?? I thought they said it was someone close to her?

They know exactly who did it... they just dont want that person to know they are on to them... thats why they are so hush hush about the case. IMO

It's a little quiet on here now so...
:sunshine: I wanted to share some more information from JV and clear up some rumors: :sunshine:

1. He says he is 21 and has no idea where the rumored age 27 comes from. He has never lived in California and has never been married.

2. He has never been to Crescent Bar, and as far as he knows, MC had never been there either. He will be confirming this with RC to see if he knows for a fact whether she had been or not.

3. I asked him if MC and him ever lived together, like was mentioned on this site and he said no, but they spent most of their time together. I'm thinking maybe she would spend the night at his place a lot, but didn't technically live there.

4. I sent him a link to the Tacoma guy's facebook where MC left that message "mmmm, u look good." JV has no idea who this guy is or how MC knew him.

--->Check this out 5. When he arrived at PC the night she went missing, RC and LE were there. WC may have been there and left before he got there but he can't confirm that. To answer the question about what was done with the car that night- no one drove it or anything. It was towed. The LE were concerned about MC right away, especially when JV told them that MC never would have gone up to PC on her own. JV said they were all up there until 12:50 a.m. the next morning so it seems like a lot was done to preserve the car's evidence, we hope. :crossfingers:

6. His car was never at the Hair Academy the day she went missing. He said he wished it were and he wished he would have taken the day off work that day to spend with her so this wouldn't have happened. He says that he cries every day for her and wants nothing more than to find out who did this to her.

While we can't call it fact for sure, I do think that the above info is as reliable as we could get, since it came first-hand from one of MC's loved ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan