WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see an MC thread is open again.

If anyone new reads the closed threads on MC they will find some very impressive work done by everyone and new information fed from locals that I could never express my appreciation. Granted sometimes the direction of some to identify possible perps such as family members was a concern. LE has given us nothing which bothers me just as much. There is no way a perp could dump a car or commit this violence without leaving a DNA trail. There is no such thing as a perfect crime. I understand that some crimes take time to build a case but this one is very discouraging because I sense that LE has gone full circle.

After three months they know who did not do this heinous crime but I fear they are no closer to knowing who really did do it. I still believe MC's killer(s) will be identified and convicted. This has been an emotional rollercoaster seeing pics on the very site where MC was found, details about her car detailed down to water tracks and a young life violently ended.

My son is MCs age and I can testify firsthand how difficult it has been to keep him from becoming involved with all the bad influences. I pray for the Cowell family and cannot imagine what they are going through and hope I never walk in their shoes.

I am very sorry that more was read into my earlier post, than I intended. I was simply stating my opinion about what Jon Kruse said in the raw interview. To clarify, for those that seem a little confused about what I said, I was merely supporting what Kruse said and how he stated it. At no time did I even mention anything about the family. If there is any additional confusion about what I post please let me know and I will edit it if there is an issue.

When I started following this thread, I was downhearted because I'd been following so many crimes where nobody was charged. Horrific, senseless murders with the killer unknown and roaming somewhere free. I was even backing away from following any crime.

Here I was hopeful the perp would be found. With MC's body and her car, cell records, etc., it seemed there'd be ample evidence. And I was so impressed with the many locals on this thread...smart, thoughtful, determined.

How has it all fallen apart? With all the potential for evidence, with FBI assisting local LE, and the locale of a small community with concerned and connected citizens, how are we here now. No POI and seemingly little hope for finding one. I just don't understand it.

Some posts have been removed for review. If you have a question about something moderated, it is inappropriate to do it on a thread.

Some of the posts from last night may or may not be restored so please be patient.
Happy Memorial Day.

When I started following this thread, I was downhearted because I'd been following so many crimes where nobody was charged. Horrific, senseless murders with the killer unknown and roaming somewhere free. I was even backing away from following any crime.

Here I was hopeful the perp would be found. With MC's body and her car, cell records, etc., it seemed there'd be ample evidence. And I was so impressed with the many locals on this thread...smart, thoughtful, determined.

How has it all fallen apart? With all the potential for evidence, with FBI assisting local LE, and the locale of a small community with concerned and connected citizens, how are we here now. No POI and seemingly little hope for finding one. I just don't understand it.

Don't give up hope, Spyglass. I still think there is a POI, they are just putting the case together with utmost care.

Good to see an MC thread is open again.

If anyone new reads the closed threads on MC they will find some very impressive work done by everyone and new information fed from locals that I could never express my appreciation. Granted sometimes the direction of some to identify possible perps such as family members was a concern. LE has given us nothing which bothers me just as much. There is no way a perp could dump a car or commit this violence without leaving a DNA trail. There is no such thing as a perfect crime. I understand that some crimes take time to build a case but this one is very discouraging because I sense that LE has gone full circle.

After three months they know who did not do this heinous crime but I fear they are no closer to knowing who really did do it. I still believe MC's killer(s) will be identified and convicted. This has been an emotional rollercoaster seeing pics on the very site where MC was found, details about her car detailed down to water tracks and a young life violently ended.

My son is MCs age and I can testify firsthand how difficult it has been to keep him from becoming involved with all the bad influences. I pray for the Cowell family and cannot imagine what they are going through and hope I never walk in their shoes.
In the most recent update, printed May 18, in the Wenatchee World, given by the law enforcement taskforce spokesman, Capt. Doug Jones, was this encouraging statement:“DNA is really the key thing we’re looking for,” he said. He noted that DNA has been taken from 40 to 50 people, including family, acquaintances" and anybody we contact" That sounds as if some potentially casesolving dna has been taken into evidence, waiting only for its match to proceed to an arrest.I hope that happens soon.

The killer knows himself, as the killer and, he can't be careful enough. He will slip up someday, and be caught. He can't hide forever!

There has never been a legitimate, verified report of WC's property being searched or of any lie dectector tests, failed, certainly not about any particular peson failing one. If such reports exist, I would like to see them. Unfortunately, I think there's been too much unfounded gossip disscussed here.

I consider LE's statements in the media that they searched both of MC's parents homes, as well as their statements that they have administered lie detector tests, to be "legitimate, verified reports."

True, we haven't seen any documentation to back up those reports, but it sure would be nice to!

Please provide a link to the media reports to which you refer. I follow the local paper's coverage of this story, closely, but have not seen any reference to houses searched or lie dectector tests, failed. TIA

Please provide a link to the media reports to which you refer. I follow the local paper's coverage of this story, closely, but have not seen any reference to houses searched or lie dectector tests, failed. TIA

I didn't say "failed." I said LE had stated lie detector tests were given. You can find reference to it here:

http://www.aolnews.com/crime/articl...o-flush-out-mackenzie-cowells-killer/19482387

I found this by going to Google News and typing in the full name of MC and "polygraph."

I didn't say "failed." I said LE had stated lie detector tests were given. You can find reference to it here:

http://www.aolnews.com/crime/articl...o-flush-out-mackenzie-cowells-killer/19482387

I found this by going to Google News and typing in the full name of MC and "polygraph."

That is an interesting news story. Many news stories can be found by typing in a search at the various search engines and news sites. Some day...all of these news stories are going to have an ending.

That is an interesting news story. Many news stories can be found by typing in a search at the various search engines and news sites. Some day...all of these news stories are going to have an ending.[/QUOTE Another interesting story I hope has an end, very soon:
http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/may/18/cowell-team-checks-fresh-tip/ "“A tip said this might have been a place where Mackenzie had been taken,” said Capt. Doug Jones, a spokesman for the task force. Anyone who knew that information, likely knows a lot more, IMHO. I hope this individual continues to provide such useful information, as a new tip, or in direct communication with law enforcement. RiverCom Tip line (509-663-9911)

Has anyone heard what LE was looking for at the hairpin turn near CB?

Has anyone heard what LE was looking for at the hairpin turn near CB?

LE had metal detectors, so maybe her phone or keys? The area is quite a long ways up from the water, and not adjacent to the property MC was found.

I think LE said that the hairpin turn overlooks the place where MC's body was found. That almost sounds like someone stood watch at the corner. From there they could protect the activities of the POI as they moved MCs body and alert them to cars coming down the hill.

Does anyone know how far the hairpin turn is from the river and how steep the slop is?

Does anyone know how far the hairpin turn is from the river and how steep the slop is?
Using Google Earth, there are good views of the locations in question. It looks like the the hairpin is above a steep slope to the river. I have no idea how far the river is from the turnout. OnGE, zoomed in as far as possible , the "turnout" appears very slight. I think you might be able to see the house at 156 Crescent Bar Rd. from the turnout. I hadn't noticed before that the Mansfield Rd. merges with Crescent Bar Rd at the apex of the curve. I always thought of the perps coming from and exiting to Wenatchee. With the Mansfield Rd., there are other posibilities. The attached photos from Google Earth show the 156 CB house and the hairpin curve.

Attachments

• 156 cb.jpg
    156 cb.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 51
  • hairpin.jpg
    hairpin.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 51
This attached GE photo shows both the hairpin curve and the 156 CB Rd. property, allowing a little prespective.

I didn't post the photo correctly so am trying again

Attachments

• hairpin and house.jpg
    hairpin and house.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 69
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online