WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the key to solving this murder is the Crescent Bar location.

The location where the car was dumped could have been random; the Crescent Bar location had to be picked. You just don’t drive from Wenatchee to randomly dump a body and end up at Crescent Bar. There are too many dump site choices between Wenatchee and Crescent Bar.

You drive by two remote canyons, several remote river access points, as well as ten or more remote roads heading off into the hills. They picked Crescent Bar. There has to be a better reason than river access. There are many remote river access areas where someone can put a boat into the water. It does not make sense that this person would pick this location at random. I believe that our killer is someone who has spent time at Crescent Bar.

Sorry if I stepped on toes regarding the Crescent Bar location, I was just stating that the murder picked one of the worst stretches of the Columbia to dump a body if that was the intent. If they chose that place it was not for its disposal qualities but because they knew that place. It was familiar to them. If this was their first murder, many of the things they did were most likely familiar to them.

I believe this is bad reporting on the part of NWCN - turning "evidence gathered from house" to "evidence of homicide gathered from house". Paragraph here:

I would like to see that evidence of homicide was gathered from the house by more than just this one news article. Anyone else seen it printed elsewhere?

And by the way. GREAT time-line. Thanks!

Is "evidence of homicide"----just a body? or is evidence of homicide things like blood and broken tree branches and struggle in the grass? In other words when they say "someone placed her there" that suggests the murder and other actions on the body occurred elsewhere. When they say "evidence of homicide" that sounds like some action occurred at the CB house. Which is it?

Thanks for that. I thought so too. SO if you take your sim card out and put it in your wifes phone, it is still considered your calls, your records, your pings... SO, the phone itself isn't the ultimate goal (except the finger prints), but more the sim card??

My phone is a smart phone, that may explain why I have a sim card. I do not know if that basic phone has a sim card.

I was told by a previous employee of JF that at least one of the R bros did work for JF. He commented that JF seems to often hire questionable people to save $$.

Post from IBpom 63

I was told by a previous employee of JF that at least one of the R bros did work for JF. He commented that JF seems to often hire questionable people to save $$.

I think maybe that settles that debate.

Thanks for that. I thought so too. SO if you take your sim card out and put it in your wifes phone, it is still considered your calls, your records, your pings... SO, the phone itself isn't the ultimate goal (except the finger prints), but more the sim card??

So far from what I am reading, some Verizon phones do have SIM cards, but they make them so that you can't remove them.

That's odd I've been w verizon for four years. I have never had a verizon phone w a sim card.

My phone is a smart phone, that may explain why I have a sim card. I do not know if that basic phone has a sim card. I do not know if Mackenzies Phone had a sim card.

You can change your phone online through the verizon network. In theory someone could log into her account and move her number over to a new phone.

So far from what I am reading, some Verizon phones do have SIM cards, but they make them so that you can't remove them.

My sim card can be removed. When I bought the phone they asked me if I was going to be traveling. When I answered, they placed the appropriate sim card into my phone.

I think that the key to solving this murder is the Crescent Bar location.

In addition, another important key IMO are the footprints leading from the abandoned car. We just don't know what they are. Boots with heels? Boots without heels? Sneakers that have a definite tread pattern? If they are not MCs, then they would be very important evidence. If they are MC's, then why not just say so.

LE may not be divulging this so that the owner of the shoes does not dispose of the evidence.

In addition, another important key IMO are the footprints leading from the abandoned car. We just don't know what they are. Boots with heels? Boots without heels? Sneakers that have a definite tread pattern? If they are not MCs, then they would be very important evidence. If they are MC's, then why not just say so.

LE may not be divulging this so that the owner of the shoes does not dispose of the evidence.

LE needs to release more information. If they do not have a suspect, I hope that this case does not go cold like Cooper-Stodden case in Snohomish County. IMO keeping all of the evidence secret has stalled that case.

If we knew information like, cause of death (not details) and shoe size it might help.

How dare you use my quote and say "this is the root of rumors". I was not responding to your question of JF and R bros working. I was responding to someone asking if they had ever worked together on a site, and I said "I thought I had heard at some juncture they did." Then you say
"I was insinuating that there may be a connection to them working on the CB house". Why are you insinuating anything? If you want facts, you don't insinuate. Sounds to me like you got a few solid pieces of info from people with first hand info on JF and Bros. Speculation at this point on the CB house, but fact that they worked together at some juncture, which is what I was answering in the first place.

Wow, Greydiggity, you sound REALLY angry! No offense intended, but you did say "I heard it"...which was my point in commenting on rumors. I think we can all agree on the "I heard it somewhere here.." statements?

Regarding "insinuating," I was fessing up to my part of contributing to the rumor mill. Perhaps, "eluding" to JF and the R brothers would have been a better word choice on my part. None the less, keep up the great work! I've no doubt you have the best intentions.

My sim card can be removed. When I bought the phone they asked me if I was going to be traveling. When I answered, they placed the appropriate sim card into my phone.

Exacly...apparently on SOME Verizon phones a sim card can be used, and generally they only give you one if you will be travelling out of country (this is what I learned from researching Verizon and sim cards on Google). Is you phone by chance a blackberry, because I noticed that it was specifically noted that they do this with blackberries.

HOWEVER, this is mackenzie's phone...but upgraded:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/...t&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=4746

If I remember correctly Mackenzie had the LG EnV2, this is the LG EnV3, and does not say it supports a sim card anywhere in the specs. Hope this helps!

12. The car is driven by perp and/or accomplice up Pitcher Canyon road.

I feel this theory creates two very strange anomalies.

1st. Let's say she travels up north and out town where something happens to her. Then the suspect(s) just happen to abandon her car only minutes from South Wenatchee, (and a place where her last known sighting(*) is recorded). Odd coincidence.

(*) at least as far as the plebes have been officially informed

2nd. I stated this one before to another theory as well, (so sorry if I am repeating for some). This secret meeting in town, (with what we seem to be finding out is our car-wash suspect) just happens to be on the same day she ends up missing/murdered. Even odder coincidence, in my mind.

From what I gather from your theory, either it requires ANOTHER secret meeting on the way to Orondo with someone she knows or a total stranger. I have a very hard time with it being a total stranger because I can see no motive. Add to that what they have done to the body and what they didn't do to her (i.e. no rape) leaves the complete stranger a highly unlikely theory in my mind.

Otherwise, I love your theory. :) No seriously, thanks for sharing. It really does help keep things moving.

a bit off topic, but has anyone driven by WC house to see if there is any LE anywhere around? I got a message sent through to me today that stated the BF is indeed living there again. Isn't it a nice night for a drive????

I believe this is bad reporting on the part of NWCN - turning "evidence gathered from house" to "evidence of homicide gathered from house". Paragraph here:

I would like to see that evidence of homicide was gathered from the house by more than just this one news article. Anyone else seen it printed elsewhere?

And by the way. GREAT time-line. Thanks!

Agreed. If you look closer at the Examiner article regarding local LE quotes (more elaboration than what is reported regionally) BTW, the author is in West Virginia. Did the author really get a direct quote? Just saying...

Some things are just bothering me... All the connections to vacant for sale homes/real estate locations, construction areas being searched, bizarre 911 calls by WC, logs from the sheriff's reports missing for all dates in question to certain things regarding this case, the tight lipped community (including the media). It all points to the WC or JF!!! Something is not right! If it was my daughter I would be all over every where getting answers and stewing up witnesses. Regarding JF, even if I had broken up with someone and their daughter was murdered, I WOULD be at the funeral and all bad things would be set aside. I have a gut feeling that WC and JF are still together in some way. I have a theory and I think I might be right on, but I'm afraid people on here may not be up to it. So I will hold my tongue until I hear someone else going in a particular direction.

Some things are just bothering me... All the connections to vacant for sale homes/real estate locations, construction areas being searched, bizarre 911 calls by WC, logs from the sheriff's reports missing for all dates in question to certain things regarding this case, the tight lipped community (including the media). It all points to the WC or JF!!! Something is not right! If it was my daughter I would be all over every where getting answers and stewing up witnesses. Regarding JF, even if I had broken up with someone and their daughter was murdered, I WOULD be at the funeral and all bad things would be set aside. I have a gut feeling that WC and JF are still together in some way. I have a theory and I think I might be right on, but I'm afraid people on here may not be up to it. So I will hold my tongue until I hear someone else going in a particular direction.

From the outside looking in, this seems like an open/shut case. Look at all the variables...or lack thereof. I made a call tonight to a friend of mine in forensics. He is often highlighted on the Nancy Grace/Prime Time News shows. I told him the specifics on this case and asked if he could do anything about getting this covered. He was really interested in the WC/BF aspect in the case. I told him I was surprised it hadn't made headline news yet and he said there are many variables in determining which cases do and don't, and the parents are the main reason. The obviously guilty stand out like a sore thumb. Maybe this is the reason they are not seeking the national media to try and determine who exactly killed their daughter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74