WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
WC's Financial Status:

WC earns "$4,000+" per month;

WC was awarded the Cowells' construction company, including all its assets and holdings, and the right to use the Cowell name in the construction industry, as a result of the divorce;

WC receives $500 per month in child support;

RC pays for both of their sons college; and

RC pays for 100% of their children's auto insurance

This information is from court documents, which are not hearsay.

Here's on thing I will show you the other part I read.

Does anyone think that IF the rumor IS true that Mackenzie was known to have gone four-wheeling in the Pitcher's Canyon area with friends, that it seems fairly logical that the people that owned the four-wheeler(s) lived in that same area?

According to this close family friend, Mackenzie wouldn't go up PCR. Maybe this adult friend just didn't know what Mackenzie was up to.

From the article:

Nelson said the family became concerned when Cowell didn't make curfew. About two hours later, a homeowner in Pitcher Canyon in the Squilchuck area of Chelan County, many miles from Cowell's home, reported an abandoned 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix near their driveway.

Authorities then began searching for her.

"We are thinking maybe she trusted someone," Nelson said. "Her car being where it was makes no sense. There's no way she would have driven up there."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2011077689_cowell15m.html

What I believed to have read and I will try to find it, is that RC the stepdad used to drive her around to school, and dance lessons because the mother needed sometime to get her business together. Also paid Mac's real dad to drive her to school. Let me go back and find the post someone wrote.

RC is MC's dad. Her mom has a bf, but they're not married.

MC's dad was the one who, if the posts quoting court records are to be believed, transported MC. There was a period of time when he paid MC's grandfather (IIRC) to do so.

I'm not going to link the original source, because of our warnings against discussing the divorce.

In the article in the WW regarding cybersleuths it would appear that this panic alarm is unrelated and had been previously discussed on an earlier thread. It did get the attention of LE, however, it looks like they have looked into it and found no connection to this case.

Maybe they need to look again. They didn't even look into it the first time until they read a comment on one of the WW articles.

Ok... in regards to the walk for MC yesterday....and only 20 people showing up, which all appear to be MC's friends and their parents. If it were one of my girls, and say WC DOESNT have the money to contribute to the reward fund, then I would be out there posting poster and signs all over about the walk, I'd be spreading it by word of mouth to try to get as many people possible out there!!! I dont understand why her family was no where to be seen in the pictures or video of the walk. :waitasec:

Also, someone previously said that LE was at the CB property through sunday... well my mom got to CB on sunday night and before she could even get out of her truck, her and her fiancee were approached by the FBI and briefly questioned. I went down there that monday(2/15) and there were still several LE cars at the property and there WAS still tape blocking off the driveway from CB rd and all over.

I agree completely with what you said about the walk. It is very infuriating.

My parents got to CB that Sunday morning and they were never questioned, in fact they didn't even see any FBI so it must have been a real hit & miss thing. They talked to someone who heard police sirens the day before but they were there from Sunday through Wednesday after she was found and did not see or hear anything out of the ordinary. :confused:

:Welcome-12-june: aboard to cybersleuth, clueso, and all the other newbies! Glad you joined us! :)

Regarding the 911 call in Chelan, according to the above mentioned WW article (bbm):

"Do investigators look at these sites?

Yes, says Mike Harum, Chelan County sheriff. He wasn’t familiar with Websleuths but said investigators “read every one of them” posted about Cowell on The Wenatchee World’s site.

He noted that recently a poster on the site asked if anyone had noticed an entry on the sheriff’s office log from Feb. 9 that came right after the entry about Cowell’s car being found abandoned up Pitcher Canyon. The call was about a panic alarm at a building in Chelan. The poster had traced ownership of the building to a member of the Cowell family and wondered if there might be a connection.

Turns out there wasn’t a connection to the case
, but it was a situation that law enforcement was not aware of until the commenter pointed it out, Harum said."

So it would seem that LE does not think there is a definite connection to the events surrounding MC.

Thanks ajfa for this update......still......not connected. lbpm63 and I are having a hard time chokin' it down.

I will probably get alot of slack for this, but I really don't believe the mother is a "grieving mother". I am sorry but I would be screaming in the streets if anything happened to my kids. My friend lost her son 2 weeks ago, and I can't even get over it. I just want to do anything for her to get her son back. The fact that the stepdad drove Mac everywhere is a big sign to me. Sorry to be ruthless.

Here's my take on this... Suppose, just suppose that you find this out all this in the span of say 24 hrs (totally hypothetical, and I personally don't think WC is above being at least involved):
1. Your daughter is murdered
2. You should have been a grandmother
3. The father is your boyfriend
4. Your ex/boyfriend is most-likely a murderer

None of us know how we could possibly react to that, nor could we ever prepare. I think I'd pretty much be comatose.

Maybe the person who owns a car similar to Mackenzie's (was it pufnstuf?) can tell us if there is a panic alarm on the car's key fob?

Respectfully snipped...

Yes, there's a panic alarm on the fob.

Also, if the car has been locked with the fob, that turns the anti-theft alarm on. If someone is in the car and unlocks the car from the inside, then it triggers the alarm system, and the result is loud horn honking and all lights flashing. The only way to turn off the alarm is to insert the key into the door and turn it.

I agree completely with what you said about the walk. It is very infuriating.

My parents got to CB that Sunday morning and they were never questioned, in fact they didn't even see any FBI so it must have been a real hit & miss thing. They talked to someone who heard police sirens the day before but they were there from Sunday through Wednesday after she was found and did not see or hear anything out of the ordinary. :confused:

I do agree it probably was a very hit or miss thing. My mom arrived in CB around 7 pm that sunday, at the vacation home just down the street, when they were approached by the FBI. When we drove DOWN to CB I didnt say any cars in the driveway. However LEAVING CB I did see LE cars in the driveway. Hmmmm

Ok my bad. I still can't find it, but I guess I read it as RC was the stepfather and he paid the dad not the granddad. Still doesn't change my mind about the mother.

As there are a number of new guests and members here, I thought I'd throw out another RUMOR I've heard numerous times that has come from sources within completely different demographics:

The person MC met with was associated with Facebook, it was also said that it was someone from the west side. Tacoma was mentioned, as well as "new boyfriend." Any other info out there regarding this RUMOR?

Another thing I don't think I would be smiling at a funeral. I think I would be balling my eyes out.

As there are a number of new guests and members here, I thought I'd throw out another RUMOR I've heard numerous times that has come from sources within completely different demographics:

The person MC met with was associated with Facebook, it was also said that it was someone from the west side. Tacoma was mentioned, as well as "new boyfriend." Any other info out there regarding this RUMOR?

I heard this RUMOR before I ever heard of WS. IIRC it was from a teenager that knew someone that knew someone so I didn't put much stalk in it.

Thanks ajfa, howver I still hmm about the call. So I will go back to my orignal theory which I have yet to post, working on the pond angle and other stuff. The stuff on helpfindthemissing.org about JF and is very very interesting. Look at the pond pics from CB house and 18 n lindwood dr.

My hearts and prayers go out to MC's acquaintances, friends, and family. No one can truly measure loss except by the hole left in one's absence.

As unique as our fingerprints, we all grieve in our own way. Let us not pass judgement on ANY of her family, immediate or extended thru relationships, in ANY way - innocent until proven guilty. More so, these people are in DEEP grief and by jabbing at them in their pain, is horrible to watch.

I am a mother of two teenage girls - if I learned my daughter was murdered, it would take every ounce of miraculous energy I had to even crawl out of bed to make it to her memorial and be a mom to my other child. Let alone make it to work. Half of me would die and the other half dragging that part around... it's awful to watch people picking at MC's loved ones so ruthlessly.

That being said... I am curious as to why LE has not asked if anyone saw someone walking out of NUMBER TWO canyon in the wee hours of the night or morning following the found car. It seems to me that the person(s) who committed this crime is from the local area. IF it was me not wanting to get caught - I would NOT walk out Pitcher Canyon, instead I'd walk down the road away from the car (ie footprints) and THEN hike over to Number Two Canyon Road and down into town that way, or possibly via Saddlerock.

Here's the thing: Even if Mackenzie was up in Chelan and something happened to her up there, and it is entirely possible.............why bring her body all the way back down to CB?
Somewhere in her history, there has to be a connection to CB. Maybe not necessarily that house, tho. Maybe the connection is just Crescent Bar. That house just happened to be what the killer thought was the ideal location to hide her.......or he did try to float her out into the river but it just wasn't happening. Lake Chelan is very deep! There is a personal connection somehow..........somebody close to her and possibly threatened by her but certainly enraged and I believe a connection to Crescent Bar and possibly that house.

Maybe they need to look again. They didn't even look into it the first time until they read a comment on one of the WW articles.

My feelings is they didn't find it because they weren't looking for it. They know exactly who was with MC driving through down and they probably put together a rough outline of his travels before and after the killing. Chelan did not fit into this outline so it didn't matter to the investigative team.

It's actually bad detective work because at trial a good defense lawyer will use it to show that police were using blinders in their investigation because they were so focused on his client. They are trying to make the facts fit the crime, as they believe it to be, (very common among police agencies and something they have to constantly be vigilant against doing). Of course, all of this is just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74