WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering this too, and my theory was that maybe they didn't pick them up because they could tell she hadn't been shot.
So maybe that is why they didn't collect them?

That added to the fact that it was a duck blind and used for hunting - and maybe it looked like the shells had been there for longer than MC had?

About the spec house...

I think the info that we've received is most important not because it may have been a crime scene, but because LE thought that there was even a possibility that it could have been a crime scene.

Tells us which direction they're looking, as far as suspects.

just my guess but 1. they may have been obviously to old and 2. MC might not have shown any gun trauma? just my best guess.

Yeah but isn't it better to be safe than sorry? I would have thought they would have collected everything in the area just to make sure nothing was missed. :detective:

I assume you're not from the area? There are boats in that river but where her body was found was in the outskirts of Quincy and there is a dam on the way there...btw Quincy is about a 30 minute drive from Wenatchee, where the boat launch the LE thinks she was at.

you're a fast driver ;)

Thanks, No More... I'll be glad to edit the timeline if you can link me up to articles.

The timeline initially stated that she left at 3:23, but several people here said that it was actually 3:01 when she left, and I think that link was verified.

About the incoming/outgoing texts, please give me a link and I'll edit.

That goes for anyone... if you want to see something added to the timeline, just fire me off a link to my PM with a note about what needs to be added or amended.

Only exception... I don't use examiner as a source.

Hi pufnstuf... as requested here are the WW articles that I offer as support of my suggestions to edit your timeline (two WW articles):

1. http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/...aunch-day-she-disappeared-investigato/?online

IMO this first article is misleading in that the World Staff IMO wrote a headline that I do not believe to be 100% fact...that her phone activity placed MC at the boat launch on 2/9. If you read the article closely, it says "Investigators are working under the assumption that Cowell, and not just her phone, were at the boat launch." IMO it is possible that MC was never at the boat launch and had already lost control of her safety by the time these two last text messages occurred. As I said before in my previous post to you about the timeline, anyone could have echoed back a text of "Hey"... it did not have to be MC. My more important point is that maybe LE should be looking for possible video and witnesses of all people and vehicles at the boat launch on 2/9...not just MC and/or her red car.

2. http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/mar/02/cowell-investigators-await-more-cell-records/?online

Here is the second WW article. It states "Information that came back last week placed Cowell’s phone near the boat launch at Riverfront Park near the foot of Fifth Street. An incoming and an outgoing text message, placed about 3:40 p.m. Feb. 9, were the last activities on her cell phone. Jones incorrectly said Thursday that the last message was a call. One of the texts was an incoming message from her boyfriend and the other was an outgoing message from her to him, investigators have said. In each message, the only words exchanged were, “Hey.”"

I assume you're not from the area? There are boats in that river but where her body was found was in the outskirts of Quincy and there is a dam on the way there...btw Quincy is about a 30 minute drive from Wenatchee, where the boat launch the LE thinks she was at.

No, I'm not. I looked at a map someone posted here and the time line that showed that boat ramp info. Thought it was a weird coincidence.

you're a fast driver ;)

LOL- put the pedal to the metal and all you slow pokes get out of my way! :snail: No I guess its more like 45 minutes. I didn't mean the actual locations either- just generally takes about that long to get from CB to Wenatchee for us.

Yes but they still have to get INTO the garage without being seen. If I was familiar with that house/neighborhood I wouldn't risk it personally. The risk of being seen is sooo huge! Have you been by this house? I was surprised at how wide open it really was.

How do we know somebody in the spec house neighborhood didn't see something or report something?

Someone very well might have; hence the reason LE searched it on 3 different occasions (probably 3 different reportings from neighbors).

WOW- that explains the tactics the LE is using and possibly why they have no suspect or POI at this point. WTF?? Does this outrage anyone else?

It just really makes you wonder what else they may have left behind that could have been useful in incriminating someone. I think they have some explaining to do.

Uh yes!! This leaves me feeling quite uneasy. How many other things have they not collected because it didn't appear to be part of the case? I'm trying to keep faith but little things like this worry me. Finding who did this isn't what I am scared of. Convicting someone is!!!

One last tid bit of info:

I left a couple things in the duck blind which I never bothered to retrieve.

One was a blow-up floating mattress (which I’m fairly certain I popped).

The other was a bag.

Wow... I'm not the speechless type... but... wow. This almost made me feel sick so I can't imagine how you feel. I really hope one of our guests reading may be able to provide description of the bag so we can figure it out.

[/QUOTE]"Information that came back last week placed Cowell’s phone near the boat launch at Riverfront Park near the foot of Fifth Street. "[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

So...is it possible that MC was never "at" the boat launch, just "near" it??

Latest news update is.... not much.

Biggest thing I gleaned from this article is that we won't see an arrest until DNA comes back:

Members of the Wenatchee Police Department's VIPs, or Volunteers in Police Service, distributed flyers at area businesses today asking people with information about the murder of 17 year old Mackenzie Cowell to contact authorities.

Investigation task-force spokesman, Captain Doug Jones says the reward fund for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for the has grown considerably. Contributions from a group called Wenatchee Valley Citizens Against Crime has pushed the reward fund to 40 thousand dollars. The 24 hour RiverCom tip line is (509) 663-9911. If you want to make an anonymous tip, you can call the anonymous Crime Stoppers tip line at (509) 888-4280 on weekdays between seven a.m. and five p.m.

So far, no suspects or persons of interest have been identified in the killing. Jones says while authorities continue to investigate the case diligently, chasing down leads, authorities are also playing a waiting game. Jones says they are waiting on results from the crime lab. Things such as trace evidence from where Cowell's body was found and from where her car was located.

A bit more at http://www.kpq.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1927

i wonder what evidence they found in the house at CB?
i wish the investigators would let the public know if they have any leads or not. i also wonder if the killer(s) are reading the WW or these threads?

Is the spec house, that was possibly searched, a tour home from last year?

I don’t know if this is related; however, there is a person on the sexual predator list, who lives close to where Mackenzie’s car was found and there is someone with a similar name on the jail list, sorry if this is old info.

"Information that came back last week placed Cowell’s phone near the boat launch at Riverfront Park near the foot of Fifth Street. "[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

So...is it possible that MC was never "at" the boat launch, just "near" it??[/QUOTE]

There is no way cell records could confirm 100% that the phone was at the boat launch. not from a text or registration anyway

That added to the fact that it was a duck blind and used for hunting - and maybe it looked like the shells had been there for longer than MC had?

Even if MC had have been shot, LE would have only picked up the shell if she was shot with a shotgun. It would be very easy for the trained eye. There is a big difference between 2 shot and a .45. LE is doing a fine job, I wouldn't read into this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blondeboricua