WA WA - Marizela Perez, 18, UW student, Seattle, 5 March 2011

Still no word. :(

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20040572-504083.html

Michelle Malkin's cousin missing, Seattle police search for 18-year-old Marizela Perez

The woman's family said she left the Rainier Beach neighborhood at about noon Saturday and was likely headed for a light rail station and then eventually on to the UW Seattle campus.

"She wanted to be a chemist, at some point, she wanted to be...she wanted to be a lot of things," said Perez' cousin Michelle Seth.

Marizela's family are hanging posters along her likely route to the light rail station in the hopes they can find her.

The family is getting help looking for Perez beyond the Seattle area as well. Perez' cousin is well-known conservative blogger, Michelle Malkin.

Malkin wrote about the missing teen on her website and sent out a message via Twitter, in hopes that one of her over 150,000 followers may help generate a lead in the case.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thanks Fran! There are now flyers put up in the downtown Spokane Amtrack station.

Excellent idea, the Amtrak station in Seattle is right along the the light rail route, right on the edge of the ID. Perhaps she's depressed, wanted out of school, and got on the train. I hope she did, and is maybe somewhere having a drink and enjoying the great views on amtraks Empire Builder train. That's what I prefer to hope, instead of the alternatives. :/

Anyone in Portland able to post some missing flyers at the Amtrak station there as well? Amtrak has a route that runs south from Seattle in addition to the EB that runs east and goes through Spokane.

Someone posted on FB that they saw her at 7:00 p.m. on Saturday. This person is calling LE. I guess FB is good for something, other than rumors!

Ok im confused by this persons FB posts. The tunnel in Chinatown/ID is the underground free bus that goes from ID/Chinatown Up to Westlake mall. But king st station is the Amtrak station, if I remember correctly, and isn't technically in the ID. Two separate stations. So the person posting their siting on FB is confusing me a bit. Do they mean the ID tunnel (underground free bus that goes from ID up to Westlake)? Or do they mean king st station, which if I remember correctly is NOT a tunnel, and is where you would get Amtrak trains and commuter rail (Sounder, I think it's called, and runs out to places like Tacoma).

The poster says first they saw her in front of King St Station in Chinatown. The follows that up with they saw her going down into the tunnel at king st station. So, color me confused. Locals, has king st station changed into a tunnel since I lived there?!

Here is a light rail map that shows the two different stations, king st (amtrak and commuter rail) and ID tunnel (bus, and looks like now, the light rail) Close together, but different, as I remember them:

ID-map.jpg

So I'm unclear on which station exactly this person saw her at. If it was King st., maybe she was headed out of town or out of state. In which case it would be a good idea to get posters up in Tacoma and Portland train stations.

officeareamap.GIF

Union Station
Sound Transit's main offices are located in historic Union Station within the International and Pioneer Square districts in Downtown Seattle; it is not to be confused with King Street Station, which has the tall clock tower and serves as the Amtrak Rail Station and Sound Transit's Sounder commuter train station. Sound Transit also has offices at the 625 Union Station and the 5th and Jackson building.

Taking transit to Sound Transit

Bus routes serving Fourth or Fifth avenues at South Jackson Street and tunnel routes serving the International District/Chinatown Station in the Downtown Seattle Transit Tunnel will take you near Sound Transit's Union Station at 401 South Jackson Street. Link light rail also serves the International District Station. Leaving the transit tunnel via the north exit, walk west to the Union Station front entrance, located on South Jackson Street between Fourth and Fifth avenues.

http://www.soundtransit.org/About-Us/Contact-Us/Office-Locations.xml

FWIW, Michelle Malkin is a popular conservative blogger and author and a contributor to a number of conservative programs, both radio and tv. She normally, during the week, makes several daily updates to her blog about political happenings around the country. Since her cousin disappeared, she's been noticeably absent. This am was the first update since, I believe Monday. I have to tell you, it brought tears to my eyes and a lump to my throat just seeing what she and the family are going through.

Anyway, here's a link and she has another picture of Marizela.

Prayers that Marizela is found soon, safe!

fran

http://michellemalkin.com/2011/03/10/marizela-perez-still-missing/

Marizela Perez: Still missing

Dear readers,

Apologies for my absence. I’ll be getting back up to speed today, but it is hard to function with dread coursing through your veins.

Spread across the country, the family and friends of Marizela Perez — missing in Seattle since Saturday and last seen at the University District Safeway — are going through this:

You try to eat, but all you can taste is indigestible fear.

You try to breathe, but all that fills your lungs is stifling uncertainty.

You try to sleep, but all that comes is fathomless fatigue.

Your heart is weighted with grief, but your soul refuses to mourn.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<more and picture at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ok im confused by this persons FB posts. The tunnel in Chinatown/ID is the underground free bus that goes from ID/Chinatown Up to Westlake mall. But king st station is the Amtrak station, if I remember correctly, and isn't technically in the ID. Two separate stations. So the person posting their siting on FB is confusing me a bit. Do they mean the ID tunnel (underground free bus that goes from ID up to Westlake)? Or do they mean king st station, which if I remember correctly is NOT a tunnel, and is where you would get Amtrak trains and commuter rail (Sounder, I think it's called, and runs out to places like Tacoma).

The poster says first they saw her in front of King St Station in Chinatown. The follows that up with they saw her going down into the tunnel at king st station. So, color me confused. Locals, has king st station changed into a tunnel since I lived there?!

Technically, King St Station is the above ground Amtrak station... but, the Downtown Transit Tunnel exits out above ground onto the intersection with King Street, so I have heard locals refer to taking the light rail or the bus to "King St. Station" (even though the station is labelled as "International District" on the official signage.) Hope that helps...

Technically, King St Station is the above ground Amtrak station... but, the Downtown Transit Tunnel exits out above ground onto the intersection with King Street, so I have heard locals refer to taking the light rail or the bus to "King St. Station" (even though the station is labelled as "International District" on the official signage.) Hope that helps...

Ok so they're probably referring to the ID tunnel station then? The one that has its entrance on the little plaza along 5th, where King intersects it? almost across from uwajimaya?

Thanks for the help. I lived in the Uwajimaya apts. above the store, but like I said it was a few years back so I'm picturing how it looked then, and was getting confused. :)

Either way, though, if she was at either of these stations she could have hopped easily from local transit to regional (commuter rail) or to national (Amtrak), so I'm hoping that posters have gone up in other cities along those possible routes.

I will be in Portland in the next few days and will put up flyers at the Amtrak station there.
Spokane Amtrak station has been covered.

Ok so they're probably referring to the ID tunnel station then? The one that has its entrance on the little plaza along 5th, where King intersects it? almost across from uwajimaya?

Thanks for the help. I lived in the Uwajimaya apts. above the store, but like I said it was a few years back so I'm picturing how it looked then, and was getting confused. :)

Either way, though, if she was at either of these stations she could have hopped easily from local transit to regional (commuter rail) or to national (Amtrak), so I'm hoping that posters have gone up in other cities along those possible routes.

O/T - I love Uwajimaya!

ETA - I didn't answer your question. Oops. Yes, I think they very well could be referring to the ID tunnel. It's in exactly the spot you're picturing it in.

Do you have a link for where to find the posters? I'm in the ID pretty frequently, plus I commute through Tacoma (which has an Amtrak station as well) and I'm also travelling to Oregon next week, so I might be able to help distribute some. TIA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back