WA WA - Nancy Moyer, 36, Tenino, 6 March 2009

Someone will most likely get away with murder even after a confession.

Wow you guys! I'm just catching up on these promising development! I've followed Nancy's case from Day 1, and I'm crossing my fingers that they will find enough evidence to charge Eric Roberts. I don't buy the details of his confession.

Thinking of Bev as well who worked so tirelessly to find her dear friend.

From the investigations manager at KIRO 7 News: "Man who confessed to killing Nancy Moyer (then recanted) now booked into Sno Co Jail on DV assault charges for attacking his son in 2018 (previous efforts to keep him in Thurston Jail, then Fed custody on weapons charges failed)"

Nathan Wilson on Twitter

Snohomish County Jail bookings - Snohomish County - dailyBookingRegister

Suspect in 2009 slaying is free for now

OLYMPIA — A man arrested last week in connection with the 2009 disappearance of Nancy Moyer has been released from federal custody, after federal weapons charges were dropped.

Lt. Ray Brady with the Thurston County Sheriff’s Office told The Olympian that Eric L. Roberts is “free,” there are no pending charges at this time, and the sheriff’s office does not have the authority to conduct any kind of required monitoring.
[...]
For now, charges regarding Roberts’ connection to the Moyer case are on hold. When asked if the investigation at Roberts’ property regarding the disappearance of Moyer is ongoing, Brady said no one was at the house but the investigation is still “very active.”

Suspect in 2009 slaying is free for now

OLYMPIA — A man arrested last week in connection with the 2009 disappearance of Nancy Moyer has been released from federal custody, after federal weapons charges were dropped.

Lt. Ray Brady with the Thurston County Sheriff’s Office told The Olympian that Eric L. Roberts is “free,” there are no pending charges at this time, and the sheriff’s office does not have the authority to conduct any kind of required monitoring.
[...]
For now, charges regarding Roberts’ connection to the Moyer case are on hold. When asked if the investigation at Roberts’ property regarding the disappearance of Moyer is ongoing, Brady said no one was at the house but the investigation is still “very active.”
It looks like this was published before he was arrested again yesterday on a DV charge. The Snohomish County jail roster shows him in custody as of this morning at 6:03 am.

There was clothing evidence found not only in Eric Roberts house but also in Nancy Moyer's house... that's one of those held-close-to-the-vest elements of this case. LE is waiting for forensics testing to be completed on those and potentially other items.

Suspect in Nancy Moyer case booked into jail on new charge right before expected release

I wonder what kind of cloth evidence? I wish that would be large amount of blood, otherwise it may not be enough, we know Nancy had a sexual relationship with Eric's nephew, they spent time at Eric's house, and Nancy may also had a fling with Eric too

There was clothing evidence found not only in Eric Roberts house but also in Nancy Moyer's house... that's one of those held-close-to-the-vest elements of this case. LE is waiting for forensics testing to be completed on those and potentially other items.

Suspect in Nancy Moyer case booked into jail on new charge right before expected release

Can you link to the info about the clothing evidence? Or did I miss it in the article you posted? I didn't see it. Thanks!

It was in the video on that page. Has anyone found another source? I can't find any other source that says clothing was found.
@sasha17
According to court documents, Roberts told detectives last week that Moyer’s clothing was still in his basement. (https://www.theolympian.com/news/local/crime/article232744332.html snipped)

He then told detectives he burned the scarf but kept Moyer’s clothes in his basement. Detectives obtained a search warrant and began looking for evidence on the property on Wednesday afternoon. They have not commented on what evidence has been found, but Sheriff John Snaza gave brief comments on the investigation in a press conference Thursday morning. (‘I Don’t Think Anyone Will Be Able to Find Her’: Man Calls 911, Confesses to Killing Nancy Moyer snipped)

The Charley Project was updated this month Nancy Kareen Moyer – The Charley Project

@sasha17
According to court documents, Roberts told detectives last week that Moyer’s clothing was still in his basement. (https://www.theolympian.com/news/local/crime/article232744332.html snipped)

He then told detectives he burned the scarf but kept Moyer’s clothes in his basement. Detectives obtained a search warrant and began looking for evidence on the property on Wednesday afternoon. They have not commented on what evidence has been found, but Sheriff John Snaza gave brief comments on the investigation in a press conference Thursday morning. (‘I Don’t Think Anyone Will Be Able to Find Her’: Man Calls 911, Confesses to Killing Nancy Moyer snipped)

The Charley Project was updated this month Nancy Kareen Moyer – The Charley Project

The clothes alone would make that much a difference since Nancy told her friends she spent dates with Robert's nephew in his house, and she may also had a sexual relationship with Robert too, so unless blood and other evidence were found on those cloth, it may not be enough to file charge against him.

It was in the video on that page. Has anyone found another source? I can't find any other source that says clothing was found.

IIRC, it was stated as, "clothing evidence found in Eric Roberts house and also in [Nancy Moyer's] house."

IIRC, it was stated as, "clothing evidence found in Eric Roberts house and also in to news of clothes being found
IIRC, it was stated as, "clothing evidence found in Eric Roberts house and also in [Nancy Moyer's] house."
I am not sure what IIC is but if you could link to a news source (video or written) that isn't KOMO, that would be great or let me know that another news source has not been found. I am sorry to keep posting this request but I haven't found another source and sometimes news isn't accurate so the more sources the better. For example the KOMO video also said he choked his father. His son was the DV victim an so far I haven't heard from the court that he was choked. Different news articles can contain additional information for a more complete picture.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back