WA WA - Oakley Carlson, 5, missing during welfare check, Oakville, 10 Feb 2021 *mom guilty, identity theft*

I've thought for awhile that whatever happened to Oakley involved cooking meth. Especially after the descriptions of her before she disappeared. I'm just unclear on how the fire department missed it on the walk through after the fire. Or the police in the property searches.

But I believe it is family land and may have a hidden storm cellar somewhere ... Storm cellars probably aren't a thing in the Pacific Northwest. Are they? If they were cooking, where were they cooking that no one seems to have found it? Can you make meth in a microwave? It was the microwave that caught on fire.

The shake and bake method of manufacturing methamphetamine is designed to get around laws restricting the sale of the ingredients needed to make meth. However, authorities suggest that it is even more dangerous than the old makeshift meth labs.1

Also known as the "one-pot" method, in this scenario meth is produced in a two-liter soda bottle. A few cold pills are mixed with common but harmful household chemicals, producing enough meth for the user to get a few hits.
Dangerous Shake and Bake Meth-Making Method Aims to Skirt Restrictions

The shake and bake method of manufacturing methamphetamine is designed to get around laws restricting the sale of the ingredients needed to make meth. However, authorities suggest that it is even more dangerous than the old makeshift meth labs.1

Also known as the "one-pot" method, in this scenario meth is produced in a two-liter soda bottle. A few cold pills are mixed with common but harmful household chemicals, producing enough meth for the user to get a few hits.
Dangerous Shake and Bake Meth-Making Method Aims to Skirt Restrictions

Holy crap, I had no idea!

Older but longer article with a victim. 'Shake-And-Bake' Meth Causes Uptick In Burn Victims

Totally explains why it was such a small fire in the kitchen.

This is a new video by NewsNation Now. It is heartbreaking to watch, but it is very well done.

Oakley Carlson missing since being returned to biological family

It takes special people with BIG hearts and THICK skin to be good foster parents and to provide safe, loving temporary homes for other people's children. I could never do it. Cases like this solidify that for me.... I imagine even under the absolute BEST possible circumstances, a child being returned to their biological family's home would rip your heart out, I cannot imagine how much those feelings would intensify when it's the worst case scenario- when you know or feel it isn't safe for them and then later you hear they have wound up abused, missing or murdered. No thanks! Bless those reading here who have done it/are doing it. I tip my hat to you.

This is a new video by NewsNation Now. It is heartbreaking to watch, but it is very well done.

Oakley Carlson missing since being returned to biological family
Thank you for this. So awful to hear some of these things. I can't imagine the heartache her foster parents are going through.

Noting some of the text in case the video or article someday goes "poof":
  1. JJH was Oakley Carlson’s foster mother. She and her husband had Oakley with them from the age of 7 months until just before her third birthday.
  2. Sheriff’s Deputy Kevin Schrader is part of a team of investigators searching for Oakley and looking into what happened to her.
“We processed the house and interviewed the children that were there at the house, and none of them had seen Oakley,” said Schrader. “It had been some time since she had been seen. Now, they’re young children, and they can’t answer you directly, but it led us to believe that Oakley wasn’t even there at the time of the fire. And it had been months prior to that that any of the children had even seen her.”

Investigators saw other signs that Oakley had not been at the house.

“We did not notice any bedroom set up for Oakley downstairs where everybody else had bedrooms set up,” said Schrader.

On top of that, Schrader said they saw no clothing belonging to Oakley. The family had moved to a hotel in nearby Tumwater but they were back and forth to the house — another red flag, according to Schrader.

“It was their vehicle that they left the Tumwater hotel with, and then traveled back down to Oakville, had one car seat in it,” said Schrader. “And there was a 2-year-old sibling as well as a 6-year-old sibling of Oakley that would have been in the car at that time. So that right there, that’s a clue that something’s wrong.”

“I think about the abuse that happened,” JJH said. “Like hearing from the police reports about Oakley being starved, or that she was beaten with a belt, or that she was locked in a cabinet. That’s the stuff I think about before I go to sleep. Because if Oakley would have stayed in my care, that would never have happened to her, ever.”

:(:(:(

Last edited:
Thank you for this. So awful to hear some of these things. I can't imagine the heartache her foster parents are going through.

Noting some of the text in case the video or article someday goes "poof":
  1. JJH was Oakley Carlson’s foster mother. She and her husband had Oakley with them from the age of 7 months until just before her third birthday.
  2. Sheriff’s Deputy Kevin Schrader is part of a team of investigators searching for Oakley and looking into what happened to her.
“We processed the house and interviewed the children that were there at the house, and none of them had seen Oakley,” said Schrader. “It had been some time since she had been seen. Now, they’re young children, and they can’t answer you directly, but it led us to believe that Oakley wasn’t even there at the time of the fire. And it had been months prior to that that any of the children had even seen her.”

Investigators saw other signs that Oakley had not been at the house.

“We did not notice any bedroom set up for Oakley downstairs where everybody else had bedrooms set up,” said Schrader.

On top of that, Schrader said they saw no clothing belonging to Oakley. The family had moved to a hotel in nearby Tumwater but they were back and forth to the house — another red flag, according to Schrader.

“It was their vehicle that they left the Tumwater hotel with, and then traveled back down to Oakville, had one car seat in it,” said Schrader. “And there was a 2-year-old sibling as well as a 6-year-old sibling of Oakley that would have been in the car at that time. So that right there, that’s a clue that something’s wrong.”

“I think about the abuse that happened,” JJH said. “Like hearing from the police reports about Oakley being starved, or that she was beaten with a belt, or that she was locked in a cabinet. That’s the stuff I think about before I go to sleep. Because if Oakley would have stayed in my care, that would never have happened to her, ever.”

:(:(:(

BBM yes that is what i was referring to :( i hadnt seen that out there :(

BBM yes that is what i was referring to :( i hadnt seen that out there :(

It was the 9 year old brother who told this to authorities. Here's a link to one of the MSM articles from December.

Oakley Carlson update: missing Washington girl, 'eaten by wolves,' sister tells cops

The missing girl’s 9-year-old brother told authorities that her mother “beat Oakley with a belt,” and would “put Oakley in the closet, possibly under a stairwell,” according to the report. He also said he “has been worried about her starving,” the outlet reported.

Those poor kids. What they have seen and experienced will always be with them.

It was the 9 year old brother who told this to authorities. Here's a link to one of the MSM articles from December.

Oakley Carlson update: missing Washington girl, 'eaten by wolves,' sister tells cops

The missing girl’s 9-year-old brother told authorities that her mother “beat Oakley with a belt,” and would “put Oakley in the closet, possibly under a stairwell,” according to the report. He also said he “has been worried about her starving,” the outlet reported.

Those poor kids. What they have seen and experienced will always be with them.
i read that one but forgot the cabinet part. how horrifying for a kid. bella bond and gabriel fernandez had to go thru that. what is wrong w ppl.

This is every state in the country unfortunately. CPS/DCF Has an ultimate goal of family reunification. And that needs to stop.

The CPS/DCF have to follow the laws of the state. The state has to obey federal law. The family first act stresses the importance of children being with their family instead of in the fostercare system. The law won’t change without people speaking up. It is flawed but things won’t change unless people are informed and speak up.

About the Law | FamilyFirstAct.org

The CPS/DCF have to follow the laws of the state. The state has to obey federal law. The family first act stresses the importance of children being with their family instead of in the fostercare system. The law won’t change without people speaking up. It is flawed but things won’t change unless people are informed and speak up.

About the Law | FamilyFirstAct.org
Absolutely correct. Most people really have no idea how the child welfare system works. I didn't, until I became a foster parent. And I was shocked.

I am so pessimistic about stuff like this. I don't think things will change until we have a fundamental societal shift recognizing the rights of children. At present, the USA does not recognize that children should have rights - at least not to the extent most of our allied countries do. This makes us somewhat unique in the western world. It is why we have never ratified the U.N.'s Convention on the Rights of the Child. When countries ratify, it means they are publicly committing to doing what's in the best interest of the children and being held accountable for these decisions. We won't do it because the USA prioritizes parental rights. And don't get me wrong, parents should absolutely have rights, but children should have rights too. So until our society decides that *sometimes* in *certain circumstances* that a child's right to safety/education/etc trumps that of a parent's right to do anything they want to that child, our government has its hands tied. Because it is simply operating how the American public wants it too.

FEB 22, 2022
Statements by Parents of Missing 5-Year-Old Oakley Carlson Could Be Evidence in Upcoming Trial | The Daily Chronicle (chronline.com)
[...]

While Bowers and Carlson have identical charges and will be tried at the same time, their cases remain separate up until the joint trial.

That trial is currently scheduled for April 19.

Prosecuting attorney Jason Walker told Grays Harbor County Superior Court Judge Dave Edwards Tuesday morning that Bowers’ case would require a 3.5 suppression hearing — a special hearing to determine if any statement of guilt by the defendant can be used as evidence in a trial — prior to trial.

[...]

Carlson’s attorney, Jonathan Feste, informed the court earlier this month that Carlson’s case would also require a 3.5 hearing.

[...]

Bower’s 3.5 hearing is scheduled for 9 a.m. on March 25, while Carlson’s has not yet been scheduled.

Their next court appearances, however, are pre-trial conferences scheduled for March 14.

Walker informed the court Tuesday that expected to submit additional evidence — a pediatrician’s exam of the 6-year-old and the 2-year-old — before trial, but none of the parties have indicated they won’t be ready for trial by April 19.

[...]

*** There's a good timeline at the bottom of this article.

It takes special people with BIG hearts and THICK skin to be good foster parents and to provide safe, loving temporary homes for other people's children. I could never do it. Cases like this solidify that for me.... I imagine even under the absolute BEST possible circumstances, a child being returned to their biological family's home would rip your heart out, I cannot imagine how much those feelings would intensify when it's the worst case scenario- when you know or feel it isn't safe for them and then later you hear they have wound up abused, missing or murdered. No thanks! Bless those reading here who have done it/are doing it. I tip my hat to you.

This is what foster parents have to deal with all the time. It's horrible. You love and care for these children and try to help them and then they get returned-often to the same situation they left. Sometimes you have these kids for 1 - 3 years (or more) and they become family. And if you disagree with the system or try to protect the children you are often retaliated against.

I’m a cops wife, yes it’s in my name. However this case burns me up. Andrew Carlson is a bad cop look what he’s turned into. Was it Jordan’s fault he’s like he is? Making false police reports to his missing daughter??? Where is that beautiful little girl and why was she ever returned to them?? I would say parents but they’re not parents. I’m so disgusted over this

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squidsquidsquid
Back