WA WA - Rio Boyd, 21 - Last Seen in Spanaway on 17 Oct, 2022 - Phone Found Smashed Block from Home

Still missing

DEC 5, 2023

Rio Boyd: Missing Since October 17, 2022

Washington State Patrol Missing and Unidentified Persons Unit

Rio Boyd: Missing Since October 17, 2022​

Rio is missing from Spanaway, WA. If you have information or have seen this missing adult, please contact:

Pierce County Sheriff – (253) 798-3278
WSP Missing Persons Unit: 1-800-543-5678

Read More: 119 Unsolved Missing Persons in Washington. Do You Know Them? | 119 Unsolved Missing Persons in Washington. Do You Know Them?

Rio Jina Boyd​

boyd_rio.jpg
boyd_rio2.jpg
boyd_rio3.jpg
boyd_rio5.jpg
boyd_rio6.jpg

Boyd, circa 2022
  • Missing Since 10/17/2022
  • Missing From Spanaway, Washington
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Age 21 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'6, 180 - 215 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description Blue jeans and possibly a black Seattle Sawhawks jacket.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Boyd has a scar on her left forearm and a small mole on her upper lip. Her ears are pierced.

Details of Disappearance​

Boyd was last seen in Spanaway, Washington at 6:00 p.m. October 17, 2022. She is believed to have been walking to a friend's house when she disappeared. Later that night, her brand new cellular phone was found on the side of the road in the 400 block of Field Road, near Mountain Highway, only about 400 feet from the trailer where Boyd lived with her father.

She has never been heard from again. She left behind her wallet, house keys and identification, as well as a pet dog she cherished.

Boyd's family describes her as a talented artist who was interested in drawing and glass blowing, and was considering a career in the arts. Little information is available as to her fate.

Last updated February 20, 2024; casefile added.

Video from 2023. What Rio’s father has to say is quite alarming.

“"It's been quiet at my house since she’s been gone," said Rio’s father Brian. "I’m just focusing on getting things together."

He said her disappearance has been rough, but that oddly enough, his daughter’s disappearance case has helped him reconnect and brought the community closer.

"It’s opened up life. It’s made things grow," he said. " It’s a weird way of looking at it, but instead of being negative, life goes on. We’ve got to move forward."

Just curious, @BethAnn777, are you alarmed by the fact that her father seems to have accepted that Rio’s not coming back, or is there something else about his remarks that alarms you? I would say the positive spin he is trying to put on her disappearance strikes me as little odd (which he acknowledges himself), but I also haven’t been in his shoes so I feel like I am not very qualified to judge how he is reacting.

“"It's been quiet at my house since she’s been gone," said Rio’s father Brian. "I’m just focusing on getting things together."

He said her disappearance has been rough, but that oddly enough, his daughter’s disappearance case has helped him reconnect and brought the community closer.

"It’s opened up life. It’s made things grow," he said. " It’s a weird way of looking at it, but instead of being negative, life goes on. We’ve got to move forward."

Just curious, @BethAnn777, are you alarmed by the fact that her father seems to have accepted that Rio’s not coming back, or is there something else about his remarks that alarms you? I would say the positive spin he is trying to put on her disappearance strikes me as little odd (which he acknowledges himself), but I also haven’t been in his shoes so I feel like I am not very qualified to judge how he is reacting.
All of the quotes from the article/ video are from the beginning/middle. Closer to the end of the video, dad says, “It’s the past, you gotta let it go, personally I think that’s just the key to it all, you gotta move forward, and the future is more interesting, it’s better for us, you can’t live on the past.”

A very strange and alarming thing to say about one’s missing daughter, no?

All of the quotes from the article/ video are from the beginning/middle. Closer to the end of the video, dad says, “It’s the past, you gotta let it go, personally I think that’s just the key to it all, you gotta move forward, and the future is more interesting, it’s better for us, you can’t live on the past.”

A very strange and alarming thing to say about one’s missing daughter, no?

What the.... his daughter has only been missing for a year-and-a-half. Who knows what has happened to her or what she could be experiencing. That is a shocking and unusual reaction, IMO.

This is so sad, the media doesnt like to talk about women who look like her.
I still cant figure what could have happened. STranger abductions are exceedingly rare, I wonder if someone she knew took advantage.

But she is really beautiful (ETA: all good people are beautiful to me, but you know what I mean), not that looks should matter. I hope at least local media will keep featuring her case until it is solved and LE will continue to make appeals and investigate.
Part of me wonders if she was abducted or was the smashed phone staged?

What the.... his daughter has only been missing for a year-and-a-half. Who knows what has happened to her or what she could be experiencing. That is a shocking and unusual reaction, IMO.

Yes, very concerning. I know that people process things differently, but I would expect to hear that he has hired a private investigator, not that he has moved on and it's all behind him now. Such callousness makes me raise my eyebrows.

Do we know if her home had been forensically searched?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back